• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Parapsychology Help, Please...

tastyintestines

Justified & Ancient
I have a friend who needs help finding actual science journal articles that argue against and for paraphsycology(itself or certain aspects.) Sorry if this is well trodden ground, and thanks in advance.

Hi Tasty,

Do you mean physical "hard copy" experiments, or the soft versions available on the web?

I scribbled something recently about a certain JB Rhine, who was a bit of a luminary in his time, and can certainly get you dates, names and locations out of his book. If you want the source material, i would have thought you'd need to apply to Duke University itself. Cambridge University in the UK also has conducted experiments into this field, if you like i can look up the name of the professor in charge and pass these on.

On the other hand, if you're happy for executive summaries, names of experimenters and dates, then the journal of parapsychology would be a logical starting point.

Here's a link to a handful of studies that i googled in a matter of minutes:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m2320

Amongst others, the second article asks if PK and ESP can be considered discrete elements of the same phenomena, and has a wealth of references to the source books used, so may be of some use to your friend?

Yeah, she was also looking for scientists opinions that were recorded in journals(I don't know if thats possible??) Thanks for the link and Rhine did look very interesting, almost somewhat like a OCD fort clone.:D

Back