Phallic Statues, Sculptures & Structures

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Update ...

The wooden phallus that mysteriously disappeared from Mt. Gruenten in Germany has now been just as mysteriously replaced with a new and bigger one.

MtGruenten-NewPhallus.jpeg
New phallus sculpture appears in Bavarian mountains

Just days after a large phallus sculpture mysteriously disappeared from a Bavarian mountainside, a similar wooden carving has appeared in its place, German news agency dpa reported Thursday.

The saga began several years ago, when a 2-meter-tall (almost 7-foot) tall sculpture appeared on the 1,738-meter (5,702-foot) high Gruenten mountain in southern Germany.

It quickly became a selfie magnet for hikers and even featured on Google Maps, where it was described as a “cultural monument.”

The sculpture toppled over several weeks ago, only to be erected again. Last weekend it vanished entirely, with only a pile of sawdust left behind. ...

Even as local police probe the disappearance, the tale took a further twist Thursday with the discovery that a new, slightly larger carving of male genitalia had appeared at the site, propped up with wooden beams.

SOURCE: https://apnews.com/article/germany-783ca9d7825dd781ccc9bbdafae4d95a

hunck

Antediluvian
What with this & the monoliths I must say I'm enjoying these spontaneous erections.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
This is a carved tree stump at Reaseheath Agricultural College in Cheshire.
Students are set on jobs around the place so one assumes that's the reason for the, er, imaginative finish.

A carved tree stump at Reaseheath.jpg

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Roger Daltrey upset his neighbours when he erected a prop from one of his movies in his garden
When he recently erected an eight-foot penis (a prop from the film Lisztomania in which he starred) on the grounds of his 200-acre farm in Sussex, complaints from outraged neighbors led to a visit from high-ranking police officers who requested that the offending organ be removed. “It could only happen in England,” sighs Daltrey. “There were probably banks being robbed and people being murdered, and the police force were concentrating their efforts on my eight-foot penis.” Unbowed, the singer simply planted another next to it.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/whos-still-angry-roger-daltrey-is-247354/

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar

Bigphoot2

Not sprouts! I hate sprouts.
Let's just re-read that:
I think his neighbours should regard themselves as being lucky that Rog was the more down-to-earth member of the group. Can you imagine the havoc Keith Moon would have caused with one!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
I think his neighbours should regard themselves as being lucky that Rog was the more down-to-earth member of the group. Can you imagine the havoc Keith Moon would have caused with one!
He would have certainly 'banged the drum' with it.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
You can tell it was a Ken Russell film :)

Leslie Halliwell summed it up (or tried to) in his guide with the line "Sample dialogue: 'Piss off, Brahms.'" He hated it, but if that line doesn't want to make you watch it, there's no hope for you.

Mr. Banooka

Abominable Snowman
From certain angles on the M62 you can only see the top few feet of the Dream sculpture in St Helens. It makes me snigger every time I see it.

Whatever possessed the St Helens Council to approve this I'll never know!

1632331958935.png

Mr. Banooka

Abominable Snowman
Then there is Palheiro Garden's in Madeira with its amazing penis garden.

My 7 and 6 year olds (at the time) thought it was the second* funniest thing they had ever seen.

https://www.palheironatureestate.com/palheiro-gardens/the-gardens.html

knob1.jpg

knob2.jpg

* The funniest thing they had ever seen was the "butt" of the Fallen Angel in Funchal. Every time we drove past the boys would chant "BUTT!..... BUTT!..... BUTT!.....BUTT!..... BUTT!..... BUTT!....." over and over again.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
This Mexican grandmother died at age 99. Her final wish was to have a giant phallic statue on her grave.

PhallicTombstone-MX-2207.jpg
This Grandma’s Dying Wish Was a Giant Dick on Her Grave

Before her death, 99-year-old Catarina Orduña Pérez had one final wish: a giant statue of a dick on top of her grave.

Her family unveiled the completed monument — a 5-and-a-half-foot-tall cock and balls weighing nearly 600 pounds — mounted on her tomb at a cemetery in Mexico this past weekend as a “recognition of her love and joy for life.”

“She wanted to break the paradigm of everything Mexican, where things are sometimes hidden because of not having an open mind,” her grandson Álvaro Mota Limón told VICE World News in an interview. “She was always very avant-garde, very forward-thinking about things.” ...
FULL STORY: https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxnnqw/mexico-dick-tombstone?

skinny

Den Trassis
Watching Long Way Up, Ewan and Charley go through this ancient stone dicky garden on the Bogotá border. Ewan sits on one of the ‘mushrooms’ and mock meditates. Then a dog tries to root his leg. It’s funny as. It just would not give up.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Some strange pricks attending Imperial University. This protest is like something from Student Grant.

Antony Gormley: Students concerned about 'phallic sculpture'​

• Published
      19 minutes ago
Proposed sculpture
IMAGE SOURCE,PENWARDENHALE ARCHITECTS/IMPERIAL COLLEGE LONDON
Image caption, Students say there is a possible "phallic interpretation" of the work, which is called Alert

Students at a London university say a proposed "phallic" sculpture by Sir Antony Gormley could "hurt the image and reputation" of the institution.
Imperial College London students say the 20ft (6m) piece, named Alert, looks like a man with an erect penis.
Gormley has described the figure as "balancing on the balls of the feet" and "surveying the world".
The artwork is set to be installed this summer at the university's campus in South Kensington, west London.
The newly made Dangoor Plaza will house the artwork, says the Local Democracy Reporting Service (LDRS).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-62427175

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
It looks more like 'man carrying heavy load' to me.