• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Phantom Phone Calls

Eri said:
The most enraging phone glitch I've ever run into happened one morning while I was trying to get ready for work. Suddenly, I got a stream of calls from people thinking I was a business. When I told people they had the wrong number they'd just get angry with me and would ask to speak to the manager.

One way to deal with this is tell them the person isn't in and take a message, promising to get back to them... :devil:

nah. they'll just call back in a while. ask them where they saw your number and call said place whining and complaining. or threatening legal action ( it never fails)

One of my house phones rings just once sometimes in the evening. It's usually either ten to or tweny past nine and has been heard by 1-3 people each time.

The 'call' never registers as a 'last call'. This has only begun since I had broadband AND moved a this phone in from the BF's, where it never did it before.

Obviously just a glitch. Feels spooky though.

Back