• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Phantom Teardrop

A

Anonymous

One night I was nearly asleep when a large drop of water hit me right between the eyes. It startled me and I sat up suddenly and wiped off my forehead. I immediately turned on a lamp to see if the roof had sprung a leak, but there was no trace of dampness on the ceiling or anywhere else. I remember feeling the water on my hand after wiping my forehead. If it was a hypnogogic hallucination it was the most vivid I've ever experienced.

I had two or three other odd experiences while living in that house, including an incident in which I saw a bottle of salad dressing fly across the kitchen and shatter on the far wall. Perhaps the "phantom teardrop" was another manifestation of the same energy.

This happens to me all the time only not so dramatically. Its always just a single drop. No idea what causes it. There is never any water there though in my case.

Some years ago, I woke up to strange sounds coming from my (mains powered) alarm clock.
Strangely, there was water on the alarm clock and on the shelf it was on.
Glad I didn't hit the button without thinking!
Never happened before or since, and I lived alone at the time.

i too have had the phantom drip!

it's usually happened outside, and i have thought it was birdshit. it's happened on a bright clear day (in australia heheheh) when there is nothing overhead, as well as in built up urban areas.

where there are building and trees etc, it could be lots of things...but when there is not much overhead?

wierd.

it's happened indoors only a couple of times. more outside than in.

inside it's probably me dribbling.

Drips on the back of the neck, when there WAS actually water there was a common occurence for me back home in the hotbed of paranormal activity that is Old Colwyn. It was usually indoors, and was quite unnerving.

I worked on the assumption that a higher force was telling me to have a wash :)

yes i have experienced this too

just before Christmas i was waiting outside a shop when I was hit with a 'brown' drip.like the colour of cola.There was no one near me and nothing above which it may have sprang from.Obviously i thought of a dirty bird but due to the viscosity of the drip i wouldn't lay the blame there.Other than that these phantom drips have happened to landed on or around me for years...only one cola coloured though

I have experienced 'phantom drips' many times both alone and in company (see the IHTM item on it!) so this morning I wasn't too surprised to feel it on my head.

I was wrong- there wasn't anything phantom about the small chunk of plaster which had fallen from the damp ceiling in my crummy Hungarian apartment. :eek:

me too, i bet we all do,it must be some sort of skin/nerve thing as nothing truly fortean exists

Back