• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Philosophy Of Science writer's name?

Hatin

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I remember an article in FT from two, maybe three, yeara ago about a writer who wrote critiques of the scientific method. I think he is deceased. Any ideas on a name, issue number?

This chap, perhaps?

The Structure of Scientific Revolutions (1962), by Thomas Kuhn, is an analysis of the history of science. Its publication was a landmark event in the sociology of scientific knowledge, and popularized the terms paradigm and paradigm shift.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Struct ... evolutions

(d. June 17, 1996)

Thanks for the suggetions so far, unfortunately neither are he.

I may be wrong but I think it was someone who died fairly young and was writing in the 80s & 90s. It was probaly in the Forum section of FT. I really am hoping not to have to go trawlling through my own back issues. I know, I'm a lazy git!

Thanks Mal, I am fairly sure it was Paul Feyerabend. His is the kind of work I was looking for even if he was not the guy in FT. I appreciate the other leads too.

I don't remember the article more than vaguely, myself, but Feyerabend is more the sort of person to wind up in FT than Popper or Kuhn, really.

Back