• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

[PHOTO]A real ghost on Disney's Haunted Mansion?

CoffeeJedi

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
The photo is too indistinct to say whether it's a child or not. It's probably one of the passengers ahead and the photographer is looking for a supernatural explanation where there isn't one.

None of the images in the first link would load for me--just "image not found" red Xes. :(

Thank you, but that gives me a "referral block" error. Hang on, I'll try it with Firefox...Same thing.

grrrrrr
try following the link in the first post of that discussion maybe?

I'll figure something out. :) Thanks, CoffeeJedi!

I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking at (as to where this is occuring - in a car behind another car? In a blank open space?).... but it could easily be an unusual refection from one of the ghost projectors, assuming they are using updated Pepper's Ghost technology that works based on relections.

EDIT to add that even reading the guy's description of the photograph, not being familiar with the set-up of the ride, I can't make out where in the doom-buggy taht the shot is.

I'm still betting it's a reflection from the ride though...

this is looking ahead at the train of doombuggies, so we'd see the backs of the cars in front of the camera

the pepper's ghost effect is only used in the ballroom scene, but you pass through that large area perpindicular to the scene, so this angle wouldn't be possible, also, the effect is above and below you (the layout of the track makes a head-on pepper's ghost effect impossible

the photographer states that this image was taken at the very beginning of the ride where the cars are aligned with each other

Is it possible though that projections are used on the ride at the doombuggy que, and that it was reflecting in his lense when he snapped the picture?

Or is it possible there was just some guy sitting in that doom buggy who happened to turn around as the picture was taken? That's what it looks like to me. :roll:

P.S. Love the avatar, Coffee Jedi! I'm a huge HM fan, myself!

to me, it looks like a wiseass kid in the cart 2 ahead sticking his head out and looking back

:eek:
Look again, it's obviously the ghost of Walt Disney, come back to wreak bloody vengeance on people who prefer Warner Bros cartoons.

It looks like a child to me. The person who took the photographer insists that there were no children in the vicinity, so either we believe him or we don't.

Carole

I was just on this ride a few days ago... :shock:
The photo is creepy, but that is what some kids
do on that ride. They look back at their
friends/family in the car behind them, or look
to see if the ride employees are going to sneak
up on them -- which does happen.

(For those who aren't familiar, a "doombuggy"
is a black clamshell-style car, much like you
would see on a "Tilt-a-Whirl" at a carnival.
They hold 2 adults or 3 children each.)

The animatronic ghosts look nothing like
that kid -- there are 4 or 5 "stock" faces that
are used in all the Disney rides, but have
different hair, beards, etc... to make it look
like many different characters.

All this being said, one of the cast members I
was talking to said she was very freaked out
her first few days working the Haunted Mansion.
There are stories among the workers of strange
breezes where there shouldn't be any -- or shadowy
forms when the lights are on. That would be great!

TVgeek

Uh, yeah, the guy says he shot it with night-vision then how would he have seen the kid stick his head around the "doom-buggy"

Also I don't believe there would be a reason for this ride to be haunted. It doesn't move fast enough to kill anyone and I don't think anyone (children included) has died on this ride.

If you look real close at the picture you will see that there is 2 "doom-buggies" in front of the "cameraman" and that the kids head comes directly around the edge of the car.

I have just run this through photoshop and adjusted the output levels. It clearly shows the child is leaning out of the cart.

Case closed...

:D

chrisford said:
Also I don't believe there would be a reason for this ride to be haunted. It doesn't move fast enough to kill anyone and I don't think anyone (children included) has died on this ride.

A story has been floating around for awhile that a mother spread her child's cremated ashes around the Haunted Mansion because the child loved the ride so much. Probably an urban legend (it was also rumored to have happened at Pirates Of The Carribean, too). Couldn't find anything on Snopes about it.

Why don't we just post photos of people walking around the corners of walls etc and talk about them being the possibility of being ghosts?
Bloody Hell! I thought ghoststudy.com was bad enough...

Back