• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Photograph taken at bodmin Jail

chez1807

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I took this picture on a recent family outing to Bodmin Jail.

I know it is simply a blur caused by a slight jog of my camera while I was leaning over the staircase taking the picture but I thought it was interesting enough to post anyway as an example of Pareidolia, how the mind will try to make sense of any random blob or smudge.

It looks like a man's head floating over my family as they were descending the stairs. It seems rather large compared to anyone else in the photo. The only male that was with the family group was my father and he (or rather his legs and shoes) can clearly be seen at the top of the photo. The head seems to be above one of the children in our group.

Maybe it is the illusive kreed kafer ;)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p234/chezzz1974/who-1.jpg

There's no effort involved in trying to see the man - not your usual blur!

Looks like Ringo Starr when he had a tash!

I've stared and stared and can't see it. Can you outline it?

I've stared so much I've found an eye looking back.

EYE.jpg

mooks out

Moooksta said:
I've stared and stared and can't see it. Can you outline it?

Here ya go. I cropped the photo and outlined it...

bodminjailhead.jpg

Thanks. :D

When I first looked all I could see was you little sister and her head. Now you've pointed it out I'm simulacrum-ing :)? ) only an overly sized head.

Did you sister have pony tails in her hair? Could she have moved her head sharply when the picture was taken that compounded by the blur it created "Ringo Prisoner Number 67934"?

mooks out

The curse of insomnia has struck me again so I thought I would reply.

The girl in the pink jacket is my daughter. In front of her is my sister, and the little girl in front of her who's arm you can see directly below "Mr big head" is my niece. In front of my niece is my Mum (or rather the arm of my Mum)

I have checked back on other photographs taken that day and my niece was wearing her hair down rather than in a pony tail.

I know logically that it must have been caused by my niece moving her head, or the camera jolt while taking the photo but have to confess that now, every time I study the pic all I can see is the big headed monobrowed mustachioed gent. My eyes refuse to see anything else :?

brightened up in photoshop or its generic software you can see the head is normal sized and what you perceive as the rest of the head is in fact her shoulder and back. a friend has outlined this on some program and i will put it on here as soon as i learn how to. interesting.

In the top right of the full-size picture there is a small, faint but fairly clear image of a woman wearing an old-fashioned cap.

BOGOF! :D

Rynner, instruct Coaly about posting photos, NOW! Hurry up, man! :D

chez1807 said:
1but have to confess that now, every time I study the pic all I can see is the big headed monobrowed mustachioed gent. My eyes refuse to see anything else :?

I don't see him as monobrowed, I see a very shiny (as in well-conditioned!) full fringe.
Imagine looking down on this from directly above
ringo_starr%5B1%5D.JPG

I don't see him as monobrowed, I see a very shiny (as in well-conditioned!) full fringe.
Imagine looking down on this from directly above
ringo_starr%5B1%5D.JPG

Good lord! You are right. That is him!! :lol:

Double post I know but I have something slightly odd to add to this thread. While I was at Bodmin jail I took some video footage using my digital camcorder (it's battery died half way round the jail, hence I resorted to taking photographs with my other camera, and took the picture in my original post)

At first I didn't think there was anything out of the ordinary on the video. The other night I decided to edit out all the crap bits (I'm useless taking a video lol. I end up getting lots of shots of floors, walls, and other useless bits) and as I was sat in the living room and my OH was watching TV I was wearing headphones to do it.

One clip was of me and my sister stood in one of the old cells, with the door closed. At one point I jokingly ask " is there anyone there" (I was trying to wind my sister up as she was rather nervous walking around the jail)

About 2 seconds later, very quietly you hear what sounds like "yesss"

I didn't notice this until I listened to the video with headphones on.

A couple of minutes later my sister said she was leavng the cell as she was suddenly getting a really bad headache. You can hear me chuckling at this and her saing " no really, my head is really hurting".
Immediately after this you hear a quiet mumbling and then the words "f****ng head"

I thought I was hearing things at first so asked my other half to listen to it (without telling him what I had heard)

He heard exactly the same thing.

I'm puzzled. I have to admit that while I am open minded I also like to be logical about these things. I know that we were alone in the cell, I didn't say those things, the camera was on my sister all the time so I know she didn't say them. The section we were in had 2 cells and was empty apart from us before we went into the cell and closed the door, and empty when we came out..

One other strange thing to note..About 5 minutes later I was stood at a window just outside of that cell filming a view of part of the jail outside. I sensed someone stood behind me and thinking it was my sister wanting to have a look I turned around. I was surprised to find no one there. I could have sworn that some one was stood right behind me. I was still filming when I turned around and for want of something to say called out "hello". you can hear the surprise in my voice lol. Although slightly puzzled by it at the time I dismissed it as nothing.

Maybe it was "Mr Ringo" and he decided to pop up later in the staircase pic :lol:

chez1807 said:
Double post I know but I have something slightly odd to add to this thread. While I was at Bodmin jail I took some video footage using my digital camcorder (it's battery died half way round the jail, hence I resorted to taking photographs with my other camera, and took the picture in my original post)

At first I didn't think there was anything out of the ordinary on the video. The other night I decided to edit out all the crap bits (I'm useless taking a video lol. I end up getting lots of shots of floors, walls, and other useless bits) and as I was sat in the living room and my OH was watching TV I was wearing headphones to do it.

One clip was of me and my sister stood in one of the old cells, with the door closed. At one point I jokingly ask " is there anyone there" (I was trying to wind my sister up as she was rather nervous walking around the jail)

About 2 seconds later, very quietly you hear what sounds like "yesss"

I didn't notice this until I listened to the video with headphones on.

A couple of minutes later my sister said she was leavng the cell as she was suddenly getting a really bad headache. You can hear me chuckling at this and her saing " no really, my head is really hurting".
Immediately after this you hear a quiet mumbling and then the words "f****ng head"

I thought I was hearing things at first so asked my other half to listen to it (without telling him what I had heard)

He heard exactly the same thing.

I'm puzzled. I have to admit that while I am open minded I also like to be logical about these things. I know that we were alone in the cell, I didn't say those things, the camera was on my sister all the time so I know she didn't say them. The section we were in had 2 cells and was empty apart from us before we went into the cell and closed the door, and empty when we came out..

One other strange thing to note..About 5 minutes later I was stood at a window just outside of that cell filming a view of part of the jail outside. I sensed someone stood behind me and thinking it was my sister wanting to have a look I turned around. I was surprised to find no one there. I could have sworn that some one was stood right behind me. I was still filming when I turned around and for want of something to say called out "hello". you can hear the surprise in my voice lol. Although slightly puzzled by it at the time I dismissed it as nothing.

Maybe it was "Mr Ringo" and he decided to pop up later in the staircase pic :lol:

Obvious question but: - Any chance of you posting up these audio clips then?

I have put the video onto a DVD and deleted it from my hard drive as it was taking up so much room , but if someone can tell me how to grab a clip from a dvd to put onto my laptop I can do it (sorry, I'm a bit rubbish at technical stuff like this) or I can just grab the audio using audacity. I can manage that ok :D

Back