• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Please try my psychic dice

I like it.
Do I post my results here or email then you via the link on the site or pm you them or what?

Posting them here would be fine.

(btw, just because it's hosted on Skeptic Report, doesn't mean it's necessarily exclusively tied to that site or anything)

I did about 10 questions before getting bored, using a "random" sample of Pi (even though that's not really possible with a number that isn't random, and with a human being who by nature doesn't do things randomly). It got 2 right, which were both about the house.

OK. I used pi digits too.
I liked this because I thought you chose the possible answers very well .... all you needed was some material about a ring with a red stone and some really odd mundane advice about hairstyles or curtain colours and you have a virtual transcript of the spiritualist meeting I attended recently.

I would say you got fewer hits than the spiritualist mediums, but then your system couldn't take advantage of all the non-verbal information my physical presence and interaction provide.

Or advice from the non-corporeal. :)

Of course, (pseudo) randomness and generality/archetypal-ness of meanings is the mechanism behind a lot of divination systems etc and with a bit of work you could make your 'psychic dice' as accurate, useful and indeed 'spiritual' as the tarot or i ching.

Here are my results, for what they are worth.

4I'm getting a mother figure. A mother, step mother, mother in law, grandmother, someone like a mother to you.

[Grandma!!]

6Steven (Stefan? Stan? An S-t name.)

[er no...]

2I'm getting an older male, not a father. Uncle, older brother, grandfather.

['grandad'? (actually not a relative!)]

6Steven (Stefan? Stan? An S-t name.)

[nope]

4Bronchitis or emphysema, problems with the throat or lungs.

[nope]

1Mary, Marie, an M-a-r name

[nope]

3...old. But wise, with it. Not grumpy, but graceful. A wise old bird, if you like.

[good lord no, everyone in my circle alive or dead is distinctly grumpy! hmmm]

6...some steps or stairs

[... go on ....]

3the living room

[this describes my current house]

4...photographs or postcards on the wall

[nope]

4Uncle

[nope]

3Daniel, Diane, a D-a name, Daniella, David

[nope]

4Jason, Janet, Jessica, a J name

[nope]

5...going to the supermarket and always coming back with a lot more stuff than you needed?

[nope]

[er the conquest of Everest? the coronation?]

5...concerned about health problems. Maybe yours, maybe not. They’re showing me a hospital, so you were there or visited or someone needs some medical attention.

[possibly ...]

6...a blackboard. Someone is a teacher or works in the teaching industry.

[yes and this links in with the one above]

2...smoked a lot?

[yes also ties in with the previous two]

3+4+6+2=15 "The problem before us maybe stated thus simply : A man wishes to control his mind, to be able to think one chosen thought for as long as he will without interuption"

[hmmm]

5 = odd

2lost
4young
5photo

[er no]

1 ...the girl…
4...that was in a play or film?

[I can think of one vaguely thespian female relative yes]

gave up after 10, none of it bore any relevance to me, sorry dude!

Hmm, my pyschic dice appears to be broken. In the past, it's averaged a hit rate of little under 50%. Those of you who got nothing at all: I hope you weren't expecting it to be accurate. It's meant to emulate the anything-goes standards of mental mediums. If a guess makes any sense at all, that's a hit.

My List:

1. 5 Gran | poss. | +
2. 3 robert, or bob | could be relative | +
3. 3 alcohol, or addiction probs, | +
4. 6 a female B. name Betty, Becky etc. | Poss. | +
5. 2 funny, dry, not catty. ? | could be Gran. | +
6. 5 a photo, several photos. | -
7. 4 door on the left | -
8. 3 books on shelves | -
9. 4 uncle | Uncle H. ? | +/-
10. 4 jason janet jessica | (still living AFAIK) ex-girfriend? | +/-
11. 2 joke about birthdays? | -
12. 6 N°8 someone dependent a worry. | Poss. | +
13. 5 a money sign someone in banking. | -
14. 2 someone passed on who smoked a lot | -
15. 15 "Sommige programma's werken nooit." See Below | +
16. Odd: 2 lost; 2 old; 3 cat. Who lost old cat? | +/-

"Sommige programma's werken nooit." ("Some programmes never work"),
Taken from a sub-heading of, 'Leren Programmeren voor Dummies'.
;)

I tried them but didn't find anything relevant. I did try to think about each thing to see if there was anything. I've always kind of wanted to see a psychic 'cos I think they'd be hard pushed with me!

OK:

1: 4 - hit - my mother

2: 6 - miss so I rethrew:

3 - miss

3: 4 - miss

4: 5 - miss

5: 6 - hit (ish) - this would depend on a string of previous hits.

6: 3 - hit - there is a phone right as you enter the house.

7: 5 - miss - the front door is on the lft of the house so everything is to the right.

8: 4 - hit (ish) - there are pictures on the wall but that would depend on a previous hit.

9: 4 - miss - all my uncles are still alive.

10: 2 - miss

11: 4 - possibly but as 10 was a miss.......

12: 11 - can't place it.

13: 1 - miss.

14: 3 - miss. Although I am surrounded by paper.

15: 2 - hit - my grandfather died of lung cancer.

16: 12 - one paragraph off a sentence I have been mulling for a few weeks (I did have to re-roll the dice again as I got a phone call during it but that shouldn't matter).

17: "had bad leg" - miss

18: "the girl who liked horses or cars" - miss.

----------------
Self-editting of the results later might improve the hit rate but it partly falls down as it isn't really responsive to misses and keeps ploughing on rather than finding another line of attack. I have some cunning ideas whihc I'll PM you about ;)

Emps

Back