Police Story

MorningAngel

Abominable Snowman
This thread has reminded me of a book that's been sitting on my 'Mmm, possibly' Kindle wishlist for a while: Credible Witness: Paranormal Police Stories by Andy Gilbert. As I was off for one of my very rare doctors appointments this morning, knew I'd probably be sitting around for a while, and it's cheap as chips up the Amazon, I thought I'd indulge.

I've only dipped into some of the witness acounts, but so far, this actually looks quite good. Police stories going back to the 1950's, possibly weighted towards the West Midlands by the look of it (maybe that's where the author - a peeler himself - was based).

Like many books of this kind, the stories I've read leave you wishing there was just a little bit more, but are still satisfying, and have the ring of genuine experience about them.

There is a lot of dross in the allegedly true ghost story genre - a fact I'm sure everybody here is already aware of - but this looks like a good one so far.
I was contemplating that book. But I thought by the cover it might be American police and may be more OTT that British coppers.

MorningAngel

Abominable Snowman
I was contemplating that book. But I thought by the cover it might be American police and may be more OTT that British coppers.
Well I got the wrong one first. I got the ‘Police Ghost Stories’ which is 99% American cops thinking their guns will help them against ghosts.

I have now got the right one ‘Credible Witness’ now which is much better.