• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Polt vid

paulsamfreya said:
Good fun, but I suspect clever editing at around the 50 second mark!

Completely agree.

leeofbacup has put a few videos up of polt activity in his house, if you've the notion check out the one where the door opens by itself and the leeofbacup illustrates ow there's no way he could be behind the door. But if you watch the door opening vid again you can see the bottom of the door banging against his foot behind the door.

If I were a teacher writing his report card I would use red ink to say..."Must try harder!"

mooks out

During a program being filmed for A&E Paranormal States, a girl and her family had them come to their house, invite a priest because of demonic possession. There was 2 episodes on it, and later exposed to be completely faked and removed from their website hah

Unfortunately unable to view youtube to inspect this video, gotta love those ones that seem so real they give you goose bumps on the back of your neck !

paulsamfreya said:
Good fun, but I suspect clever editing at around the 50 second mark!

No suspicion about it for me. You can actually see the cut during his spin - and that's without slowing it down!

It's nicely reminiscent though (probably deliberately) of the scene in "Poltergeist" when the mum re-enters the kitchen and all the chairs are on the table! :shock:

that dude needs acting lessons
'here I am just getting this on camera... la de da.....'
{cue disinterested tone}- 'oh hell, look what happened' ....

you'd jump out of the window wouldn't ya?

...and regarding the first video posted in this thread: paulsamfreya is totally right, at approximately 50secs in there is a cut just before the camera swings back to the kitchen. Still, it was a pretty cool.

IvanVolle said:
I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere else yet, but here is some recent footage from Dalhousie Castle Scotland involving a chair banging by itself(off camera).

http://player.video.news.com.au/news/#v ... 2RDroZiPOh

That's the News in Australia?! I was disappointed we didn't get to see the chair bumping about, so the thump could easily have been the camera crew playing a prank. Sort of an Aussie Most Haunted.

Why do ghost hunters always sit in the dark? Are they told to save on electricity? If the light was on they might be able to see where the noise was coming from.

gncxx said:
I was disappointed we didn't get to see the chair bumping about, so the thump could easily have been the camera crew playing a prank. Sort of an Aussie Most Haunted.

Well she did stress that she was in the room on her own just her and the camera. no one else there. She is the one that grabs the camera and rushes out to the stairs, and there is a moment cut were she places the camera accross from the bottom of the stairs she sits on teh film hereself.

It's a good old thump, certainly no pipes or would contracting or expanding. Shame it was not on camera alright.

Perhaps these old buildings reputed to have ghosts, have special employees ;) who sneak about in the dark to help perpetuate the tales, and incourage more visitors and media attention. I have no doubt that she go the shock of her life, and it had nothing to do with any action of her own.

So could someone have snuck in before her, knowing she was to film there later, as she must have told someone of her intentions?

Waylander28 said:
So could someone have snuck in before her, knowing she was to film there later, as she must have told someone of her intentions?

Could be. I recall an episode of Why Don't You (kids' TV show about holiday activities) where a couple of girls went ghost hunting and found... absolutely nothing.

I think it's telling that such a scenario is unthinkable on paranormal TV nowadays, there always has to be something "unexplained" that happens once the cameras are on.

Agree with JackDark :- the black screen just before the return to the kitchen is a dead giveaway. Judging by the state of the guy's living room he's got no cause for complaint about what the polts have been up to in the kitchen!

As for the Dalhousie video, that could well be genuine. Twice I experienced something switching on an extractor fan in an otherwise empty room - apart from me- which involved first flicking the current switch and then the fan switch, which I had to do with a good hard thumb push because it opened the spring-loaded shutters over the fan blades.
The reporter seems genuinely freaked, and I'm sure a film crew prank wouldn't have got this far.

Bigfoot73 said:
As for the Dalhousie video, that could well be genuine. Twice I experienced something switching on an extractor fan in an otherwise empty room - apart from me- which involved first flicking the current switch and then the fan switch, which I had to do with a good hard thumb push because it opened the spring-loaded shutters over the fan blades.
The reporter seems genuinely freaked, and I'm sure a film crew prank wouldn't have got this far.

If it is genuine, it's most fortunate that this Australian camera crew should travel halfway across the world and be spooked by a phantom. Imagine how embarrassed they'd be if nothing had happened at all.

Back