• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Powers of Ghosts

amarok2005

Ephemeral Spectre
I'd like readers to locate sources from paranormal books/journals that describe some of the exceptional abilities ascribed to ghosts (or poltergeists, hauntings, spirits, etc., since often a "ghost" can't be determined to be a specific dead individual). Not just the odd gust of wind or a framed photo falling over -- let's go after some more unusual or spectacular interactions with the material world. I'm especially interested in reports of:

1. Objects that have been broken or burnt but reappeared later, apparently unharmed.

2. Impossibly fast mass movement, i.e., someone moves furniture, arranges place settings, puts groceries on the shelves, etc., steps away for a moment, and looks back to see everything returned to the way it was.

3. Exceptional teleportations, dematerializations, or apports, like the poltergeist case in Fort in which a horse vanished and was later located in a shed, one so small that the animal could not have entered in the ordinary fashion (a wall had to be knocked down to get it out).

4. Any other indications of intricate or complicated activity, like that case wherein a family would leave for church and return to find all their clothing, towels, and such stuffed together to form lifelike figures of people praying (the details escape me at the moment).

The humblest penny appearing out of nowhere in a closed room would indicate forces beyond those recognized by science, but by looking at the "outer limits," we might start outlining just how far paranormal powers and entities can go.

Back