• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Pre-Birth Communication (With Unborn Child)

A

Anonymous

I experienced a lot of weird phenomena as a child and young teen, and sought the help of Gloria Dixon at BUFORA for possible explanations of the things I had experienced.
I hadn't experienced anything unusual for many years up until earlier this year. It was actually my husband who was mainly involved:

After having been married for a couple of years, we decided to go ahead and try to start a family. We got pregnant fairly quickly last September and all appeared to be going well. We past the crucial 12week mark (when the vast majority of miscarriages occur), and were considered to be doing fine and carrying a normal, healthy pregnancy, with little chance after 12 weeks of losing the baby. As the weeks past we had no cause for concern.
One morning though my husband woke up quite distressed after having a bad nights' sleep.
Later in the afternoon he told me about the dream he had had the night before, and how it had left him feeling disturbed and upset.
I was very interested in hearing his dream as he tends not to remember them normally, and had never before been able to recall anything he had dreamt the night before.
He proceeded to tell me that he had dreamt about the baby, and how beautiful she was, but was upset because there were people around him who were telling him that the baby should be dead, and they were surprised that she was indeed alive and kicking. The baby then apparently then transformed herself into a butterfly and flew up out of my husband's arms, so high that he could no longer see her.
He described feeling empty, sad and helpless as he watch the butterfly (our baby) flying away from him, knowing he would never see her again. He woke up with the same feelings and carried them throughout the day.
I of course dismissed his 'dream', thinking it was nothing but the paranoid fears of a father-to-be.

It was a week later at 16weeks pregnant that I started to miscarry...long story made short - our baby had according to her size, died in utero a week earlier - coinciding with the time of my husband's dream.

So, was it merely coincidence that he should have such a vivid dream that night, or did he indeed have some sort of communication with our unborn child?

I would be very interested to know of any other such experiences if there is anybody here who knows of any.

I don't have any children, as I am only 20, but I've had several dreams about my cat's kittens. I got my cat when she was a kitten- she crawled into my window and I ended up keeping her, as I never found her owners. She got pregnant and she would not give birth unless I was in the room with her- It was funny, because if I left the room, she would come out and cry until I came back in. After she had her kittens, I had dreams about her moving them around the house- I would wake up and the would be where I dreamed she moved them. I dreamed that they opened thier eyes then I woke up and they had. Just stuff like that. I am sorry to hear you're story though.

Fladdermus's story IS sad, at one level, but it could also be seen as joyful if the dream is taken as evidence of a spirit world to which the baby returned. Perhaps she'll return another time, if reincarnation is a reality.

Me, I keep an open mind. If there is another life, then dying is an adventure. And if not, presumably we'll never know nor care!

Fladdermus, after years of trying for a child, my older sister lost her baby quite late on, too. Hopefully your partner's dream can comfort you both in some way during this sad time.

As for my other sister, I have 'known' a few days before each of her children was born that they were coming. They both came early and unexpectedly, and both times I got the same strange feeling. The first time I was sitting on a beach on my day off, not thinking of anything much and the words 'the baby is coming' just came to my mind. I tried to put it out of my mind, thinking it was some crazy random thought, but it rattled me a bit, so I rang home. Was told everything fine, baby wasn't due for a month, not to be so silly (with usual sisterly love!). Within two days, my sister was rushed to hospital and the baby duly arrived.

A couple of months ago the same thing happened again. I was watching TV, got exactly the same strong and unusual feeling. Tried to call my sister three times, but she didn't reply. Next morning my Mum called me. My sister was in hospital and the baby was imminent. Again nowhere near her due date.

Although we don't see each other that often, we are very close in age, grew up sharing a room, etc., so I guess I'm somehow tuned in to her. Perhaps your closeness is on more than one level, too.

Fladdermus, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you won't be discouraged from trying again. The butterfy image is very meaningful, I think: it tells of completeness rather than something cut short.

I 'saw' my little niece years before she was born. She looked about 4 and walked over some fields with me from my sister's house where I'd just visited. We chatted happily for ten minutes or so. I'm amazed now that I seemed to know who she was, and that I'd see her again. She promised she'd be back but not for a long time and that she was my sister's child. Sister soon became preggy and I thought, 'not this one'. The first child was indeed a boy and it was a few years before the next came along. I knew this was 'her' from the start and what she'd look like: at 4, she was precisely as I'd seen her.

I also 'saw' my second child, again as a toddler, many times. He'd been around for 10 years or so on and off by the time he rolled up for good in 1980. We have a telepathic link and when he was injured in an accident while abroad last year, I too had a similar but much less severe injury to the same leg!

I do believe that our yet unknown children are around us, just as are the dead, and have met lots of parents who feel the same.

Thanks for your input everyone.
My husband's dream certainly did give me comfort and a sense of peace after losing our baby.
It makes me wonder also just how early is it that parents form this 'psychic' bond with their children.
I actually used to share a recurring dream with my mother when I was very young. On the night's I had the dream, she would have it too. I don't remember talking about it, but I suppose I must have mentioned it to my mother purely out of interest in the fact that I had the dream recurringly. It wasn't until years later, long after I'd stopped having the dream that my mother had told me that we both used to dream it at the same time.

Escargot, can I ask how your niece and your own child appeared to you when you saw them - were they solid like ordinary children?
Do you now have a 'special' bond with that particular niece?
It is interesting as I have heard of other such pre-birth experiences of brief meetings in ordinary daily life with children who were yet to be born.

Nikita, I very much believe that we can also form very strong psychic links with our pets. I have always had cats or dogs and recall many incidents when the pet appeared to 'know' something about one of the family (illness, arrival home etc), and acted strangely in accordance.

Anyway, thanks again everyone, it's very interesting to read more accounts of this invisible bond.

Glad you're feeling so positive!

I 'saw' little Niecey very solidly. She just appeared from nowhere as I was walking and I heard her speaking and conversed with her, though I can't remember anything we said apart from when she left me.
When we reached the road, the little girl told me she couldn't go any further and promised she'd be back in a while.
She looked about 4, though she kept up with me easily as I walked, and if I could draw I'd have done a portrait of her. It would have been exactly as she looked at that age, some years later. (She had a mop of wiry black hair and huge blue eyes!)
I only saw her the once before she was born.

My son, well, I used to catch a glimpse of a little white-blond lad now and then. He was solid but somehow fleeting and I knew he was of the future and not the past. His name was chosen when I was still a teenager and when our first child was born, I was surprised (though not disappointed) when it was a girl. Soon after, my lad did arrive, and I felt I knew him right away. I'd had a very strong impression all through the pregnancy that this was 'him' at last! He did indeed grow white-blond hair and was exactly as I'd 'seen' him.

There are lots of books which mention this phenomenon..
You might like to look here.

http://www.innerself.com/Parenting/communicating_with_unborn_child.htm

Butterfly

So sorry to hear about your loss - it's brought tears to my eyes because I remember the mixture of elation and worry that my partner's pregnancy brought, and I'm glad the the dream has helped you to deal with it.

People so often seem to think that the man isn't involved with pregnancy at all, but I spent the whole time in a state of perpetual worry, and I was so relieved when our daughter arrived safely. I think my wife was sick of being treated with kid gloves after the first few weeks,and I eventually got used to it, but I had lots of sleepless nights and worried dreams in the process.

I saw a program recently that looked at the medical connections between a man and his pregnant spouse, and it showed that the male partner often suffered from symptoms similar to the ones that his partner was undergoing.

I'm not sure that anything mystical is involved - there is some very subtle biochemistry going on in there, including hormonal changes, that is maybe involved with the mechanics of preparing the man to care for the child. I'm sure the connection between the man and his pregnant partner , and unborn child, are far more significant than people give credit for.

Guru_saj, what a good father you sound.
My (ex) husband was there all through my 4 pregnancies and was extremely caring and I can sympathise with the 'kid gloves' feeling!
It was however very nice to stop being strong and in control a little and let him do heavier stuff. A few years back, he tried to stop me from moving some furniture- 'Sorry', he said, 'I'm just so used to you being pregnant!'
I've known couples who've lost a child and it's sad that attention is so focused on the mother, when the poor Da is grieving too and trying to be strong for both.

Guru_saj, I agree with escargot - you sound like a great dad!:)
I also agree with your feeling that the connection between man and his partner and unborn child are much understated, that's why I don't rule out the possibilty that my hubby's dream was something more than 'just a dream'.
The frustrating part is that we will never know for sure...but nevertheless it is still a source of comfort for us both, perhaps particularly for my hubby as afterall, he experienced the dream firsthand, while I can only try and envision.
Anyway, thank you for responding Guru_saj and for offering a glimpse of a father's feelings:)

Escargot, I want to thank you for posting the link to the 'inner self' website. I found that particular article really interesting - infact I found the whole site really interesting and have bookmarked it!
Also, after reading that you had a boy's name picked out but were surprised to have a girl :))), I just had to share this little tidbit:
We didn't have any boys names picked because I was convinced we were having a girl, and besides we couldn't agree on any boy's names even when we tried to choose one (just incase).
Anyway, one afternoon while driving home from somewhere I yelled "SAM!!" at my hubby - that was it - if it was a boy he would be called "Samuel" - it just popped into my head from nowhere.
Anyway...a few days later I had a call from my brother telling me that the family cat (which we'd had since I was 8) had died.
You guessed it, her name was SAM - and she died on the day the name had popped into my head!!!!
Spooky eh!!!!!??:eek: :miaow:

to fladdermus and others sorry to har sad news

(rant mode begins):- why does sociaty in general allways give sympathy and comfort to the expectant mothers? because that always p***** me off, no really thinks of the father.

as i have been thruogh misscarriages with 2 differnt partners the partner 1st with twins the second partner with just the 1 child
did anyone think of my feels and thourghts no bloody way!!.

quote "oh hes a man he can cope with it!!"unquote

(rant mode off)

as a male iam in touch with my female side.!!

sorry i just burst into tears typing this. no honest.

love and cooches to all

I was wondering if anyone on the board had an experience with pre-birth communication- that is, your children (or a related child) communicating with you while they are still in the womb, or before they have even been conceived. I ask because I have had two strange experiences like this.

The first time was when I was sixteen years old, shopping at the mall, minding my own business. An adult woman walked past me, and I had the sudden strange thought/feeling that she "looks like my daughter". It was a bizarrely familiar feeling, and I couldn't take my eyes off her. Of course, I had no children then. I suppose this could also have been something related to reincarnation, but it didn't "feel" like something from the past, if that makes any sense :?

The second time was while my husband and I were still just friends. While writing him a letter one evening, I had a sudden, overwhelming experience. It was like I had just felt someone's essence pass through me, and I had experienced everything about this person in a single second. Without really thinking, I wrote in the letter "I know that our second child is going to be a girl, and her name is Lucy". Not "her name will be", but "her name IS". It was as though someone else had passed the information on to me and I simply relayed it.

Luckily my future-husband didn't think I was too much of a weirdo. Actually, he understood exactly what I meant, and it seems like he "knew" to some degree too. We haven't had any children yet though, so I don't know if it's going to wind up being true :p Another interesting point, shortly after this (I had not told anyone besides my future husband), one of my sisters bought me a little pink congratulations-on-your-baby type ornament. She told me she just had a feeling that my friend was "the one" for me and that the ornament was for the baby we would have!

I have been researching this since my second experience, and found it to be totally fascinating. I would love to hear anyone else's stories of meeting their kids beforehand!

I was wondering if anyone on the board had an experience with pre-birth communication- that is, your children (or a related child) communicating with you while they are still in the womb, or before they have even been conceived. I ask because I have had two strange experiences like this.

The first time was when I was sixteen years old, shopping at the mall, minding my own business. An adult woman walked past me, and I had the sudden strange thought/feeling that she "looks like my daughter". It was a bizarrely familiar feeling, and I couldn't take my eyes off her. Of course, I had no children then. I suppose this could also have been something related to reincarnation, but it didn't "feel" like something from the past, if that makes any sense :?

The second time was while my husband and I were still just friends. While writing him a letter one evening, I had a sudden, overwhelming experience. It was like I had just felt someone's essence pass through me, and I had experienced everything about this person in a single second. Without really thinking, I wrote in the letter "I know that our second child is going to be a girl, and her name is Lucy". Not "her name will be", but "her name IS". It was as though someone else had passed the information on to me and I simply relayed it.

Luckily my future-husband didn't think I was too much of a weirdo. Actually, he understood exactly what I meant, and it seems like he "knew" to some degree too. We haven't had any children yet though, so I don't know if it's going to wind up being true :p Another interesting point, shortly after this (I had not told anyone besides my future husband), one of my sisters bought me a little pink congratulations-on-your-baby type ornament. She told me she just had a feeling that my friend was "the one" for me and that the ornament was for the baby we would have!

I have been researching this since my second experience, and found it to be totally fascinating. I would love to hear anyone else's stories of meeting their kids beforehand!

I had a terrible terrible experience with this subject. I can hardly write about this it is so awful.

Basically I was pregnant and I heard the baby talk to me quite a few times. (I don't really want to go into it). Then I went to have an ultra sound and the baby was dead. The thing is that I strongly suspected the baby was no longer there because it had stopped talking to me.

I have read a website on pre birth communication which I assume is the same on you are talking about and most of the stories there are chirpy & happy. Although there were one or two which weren't.

This was a year ago and I have not been able to get pregnant again (so far).

I had a terrible terrible experience with this subject. I can hardly write about this it is so awful.

Basically I was pregnant and I heard the baby talk to me quite a few times. (I don't really want to go into it). Then I went to have an ultra sound and the baby was dead. The thing is that I strongly suspected the baby was no longer there because it had stopped talking to me.

I have read a website on pre birth communication which I assume is the same on you are talking about and most of the stories there are chirpy & happy. Although there were one or two which weren't.

spiritdoctor, thank you for sharing that with us.

I'm sure we all understand your pain, and we wish you well for the future.

:grouphug:

Theres a book by Rene Coudris (I think thats the author) which deals with the subject. A man and his wife are both mediums to some degree and the book is a listing of extensive contact with their unborn children. Their abilities have been proven to be real to the highest degree that the phenomena can be proven.

I don`t know about the communication aspect, but I had something vaguely similar happen.
When I was a bit younger I was quite a prolific writer. I wrote a nice little story which was a bit out of my style which featured a character who was born in a very rare and unique way - I wasn`t particularly interested in those sort of things at the time, but I really cared about the character.

Years later, my son was born under the exact same circumstances. Even on the same date as the character. We were told he would definitely die, but I *KNEW* he wouldn`t because I hadn`t allowed the character to die in the same situation.

It is very VERY strange to read back over the story... I was quite tempted to name my son after the character at the time. (But didn`t)

Funniest thing is, one of the main points of the story world was that the character`s fate was predicted by something the world`s creator/writer wrote...

spiritdoctor said:
I don't think this is nutty.

Yeah, I had the same. Baby didn't so much "talk"- as me being aware of its presence. At some point this feeling was gone and I had the feeling it was dead. Having an ultrasound revealed a it had turned into a molar pregnancy and it had to be removed. However such is life and I don't think its dreadful at all. As much as we would have loved the child would it have been born, I am grateful it didn't as I never actually wanted children in the first place and woke up several times duing the pregnancy "dreading" to become a mum. So thank you child for being so understanding...

During a traumatic time after losing one child and undergoing very difficult fertility treatments attempting to conceive another, against very significant odds, I awoke one morning from a very clear dream in which I saw my wife holding a smiling, blond baby girl. I "knew" down unto my very soul that our procedure the day before had been successful, that we had achieved a pregnancy, and that we would have a blond girl. I told my wife, and I never felt the slightest doubt about this premonition, which is very unusual - other than this I have never had any premonitions. I had a clear picture in my mind of what her face would look like too. She turns 20 next month.

As much as we would have loved the child would it have been born, I am grateful it didn't as I never actually wanted children in the first place and woke up several times duing the pregnancy "dreading" to become a mum. So thank you child for being so understanding...

Trying not to be judgmental here but that is the creepiest thing I have read on this board.

When I came to this thread just before bed I had no idea it was going to be so profound and moving. Thanks for all the sharing and a couple of insights, definitely something to think on as I get to sleep I certainly don't think your weird on this subject at least ;)

As much as we would have loved the child would it have been born, I am grateful it didn't as I never actually wanted children in the first place and woke up several times duing the pregnancy "dreading" to become a mum. So thank you child for being so understanding...
Trying not to be judgmental here but that is the creepiest thing I have read on this board.
Also trying not to be judgmental, but I don't see anything creepy about it at all. I see this gratitude as profound, sort of spiritual.

IamSundog said:
Also trying not to be judgmental, but I don't see anything creepy about it at all. I see this gratitude as profound, sort of spiritual.

I see it as both!

Yeah, I had the same. Baby didn't so much "talk"- as me being aware of its presence. At some point this feeling was gone and I had the feeling it was dead. Having an ultrasound revealed a it had turned into a molar pregnancy and it had to be removed. However such is life and I don't think its dreadful at all. As much as we would have loved the child would it have been born, I am grateful it didn't as I never actually wanted children in the first place and woke up several times duing the pregnancy "dreading" to become a mum. So thank you child for being so understanding...

I was also not happy about being pregnant. We planned to have a second child but then our home was flooded and we were living in a situation where there was no kitchen/water/hot water/means of cooking/flooring. Our downstairs was just a gutted shell filled with building dust and I was worried how I was going to cope with a new baby as things weren't going to be repaired any time soon. The baby seemed to realise I didn't want it and the next thing I knew it was dead. Dingo seems quite happy about what happened to her but for me it was one of the worst experiences of my life, the pregnancy was quite far on and I had done things like buy nappies.

I suppose it is the same for most people who loose a pregnancy but the fact that I heard the baby talk to me several times made it worse. For instance it told me that it was a girl and what it wanted to be called. Well why communicate with me like that if it wasn't going to be born?

this is the only thread I've read here that's made me cry! Bloody hell. Sometimes we go through experiences that make us grow sprirtually but...bloody hell. I wish i could hug you all.

Human_84 said:
IamSundog said:

I see it as both!

I think it was very honest, myself, and took some courage to say.

I didn't mean to bring people down. I have actually found out in the last few days that I am pregnant (but I don't want to get too excited in case). The baby has almost exactly the same due date as the one I lost so maybe that is significant in some way.

(I hardly dare hope)

pre-birth communications

Such an interesting thread, and I had to write as this happened to me with both my children.

When I was just pregnant with my daughter many years ago (well, 1971) I was young and stupid, and I remember partying and smoking dope, and this young woman at a party looking me in the eye and telling me to stop it, and I looked back much later and thought it odd because she was a >nurse< and now my daughter is a nurse (luckily she came out OK!) Almost like she was talking to me through another person's mouth. But the main thing that happened was one night as I was falling asleep, I saw a clear vision in my mind of a handsome young person with streaky blond hair. I couldn't quite tell if it was a man or woman, but I clearly saw the strong cheekbones and square jaw. I saw the face so clearly that I drew it. And she grew up to look like that -- although clearly a girl!

Then a few years later I got pregnant again but this time I was very sad about it because my marriage was in a shambles. And I wanted that baby to go away, and sure enough, I lost it, and I'm sorry to say I was glad. I'm a different person now but then that's the way I felt. The thing is I knew from the start it wouldn't be born. I never bought clothes, etc.

When I was dating my second husband, I dreamed we had a tall dark son. And I got pregnant in 1980 , I dreamed I was going to have a dark haired son who was very quiet. In both dreams I clearly saw the golden highlights in his dark brown hair and his hazel eyes. Which is how he turned out, although I guess it wouldn't take a psychic to have predicted that given that my husband and I both have dark hair and green eyes. :) More important, though, for me at least, I knew from the start that he would have some sort of problem -- a learning disability, but that not to worry, he would turn out OK. Which he has. He was almost diagnosed as autistic, but because of the repeated messages I knew he would be OK. Which he is, just somewhat quiet and shy.

Back