• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Predicting a natural disaster

Forever_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
A couple of years ago- actually it was 2004 - almost Christmas, I thought of an experiment. I logged on to a couple of psychics websites and made a prediction of a natural disaster, that would happen somewhere tropical, over a thousand would die and the cause of this would ultimately be an Earthquake. I did think I should write " There is a wall of water heading for the coast" But I omitted that as it was clearly an obvious reference to the film "The day after Tomorrow" and I didn't want people thinking I was just taking quotes from films. Anyway two weeks later came the Asian Tsunami and my prediction was called a hit by many and there were some who totally ridiculed that of course. My reason for this was simply to see if I could make a prediction of a natural disaster and see if anything remotely like it happened. Ulitimately it was a cross between a sort of "joke" and a sort of "experiment".

Oddly enough I have before this and since this made predictions that came true - so to speak- within two weeks of making them, although this was a conscious attempt to either prove psychics were completely wrong - ie just plucking things out of their own creativity or prove somehow to myself that I could do it. I have repeated the experiment and only been wrong twice since.

If no one minds I intend to make another prediction just out of the air like that.

Here it is.. lets see if it comes true.

In the month of October in a country with a hot climate there shall be a devastating Earthquake in which thousands of people will lose their lives - the quake will strike without warning - ie no indication of the big quake before it happens. I sense this may be somewhere like Dubai as I see modern cars and buses involved.

If anyone else wants in on the experiment, I'd be interested to hear what you come up with.

So let me try one in the same spirit -

Greater Cincinnati, Ohio (including the Northern Kentucky suburbs) has been in the grips of a moderate drout for many months. Our rainfall total is running about 10 inches below normal for 2007.

But next month is going to be the single rainiest September in at least 50 years, possibly a century or more. We may more than make up the total of that 10 inch deficit - maybe more than we'd like to make up.

There will also be considerable area flooding, since the soil is so dry-packed and heat-hardened ("It's like concrete!") that the first few days of drenching rains will roll right off the landscape without much soaking in.

(September is usually the least rainy month in this area.)

It's been two decades since the last big San Francisco earthquake, and everybody seems to agree that that wasn't the REALLY HUGE one.

There were a couple of quakes in Indonesia again - not claiming this is a hit or anything and it's not even October - but it is interesting.

I predict an extremely rainy January, 2008, for the Ohio Valley, accompanied by the worst flooding in at least a decade.

However, please bear in mind that my August 24th prediction for a very rainy September in Cincinnati has so far (September 16th) proven flat-out wrong.

OTR, your timing may have been a little off, but it's looking more like you had a "hit" here, doesn't it?

Back