• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Premonition

A

Anonymous

Ok it didn't happen to me but it happened to my wife, she awoke the morning of christmas eve and said quite sadly I have a terrible feeling of sadness and and a feeling that something really bad is going to happen not here and not to us personally but something really bad in the world very soon, possibly in the hotter countries in fact I feel quite down.
This is not like her and, to be honest, very unexpected as she lectures psychology and shows little interest in parapsychology (apart from an unhealthy interest in the parapschology lecturer!)
She isn't prone to depression or strange premonitions but she phsically looked down and depressed that morning. It soon wore off during the day and obviously the events of the tsunami soon followed a little to close for comfort and one of our most terrible natural disasters in our lifetime.
I was just wondering if anyone else had any premonitions of this as I have become aware that there were no animals found in the destruction.
It seems to me that they have a sixth sense that warned them of impending doom, that possibly my wife tuned into and maybe others did to, it would be interesting to see if many people did have any kind of premonition.

Last year I bought the book The Coming Global Superstorm (on which The Day After Tomorrow is based), I've not finished reading it, but one day I had a vision/hallucination/waking dream where something erupted under the Pacific and a mega Tsunami hundreds of miles long washed away the West Coast of America ... the satellite photo of the island that nearly disappeared under the SE Asian tsunami bore a striking similarity.

I also had a vision/hallucination/waking dream where a hail storm with hail as big as basketballs fell on one small area and killed everyone who was there (some sort of sporting event), I hope that was just my brain chemistry gone wonky ...
Early this morning I got up to go to the loo and was convinced there was a fire somewhere ...

Re: Pemonition

steves said:
I have become aware that there were no animals found in the destruction.

:shock: Really? Like they all headed for high ground before the water came in? Wow . . . . . I don't know what to say. No animals at all being found in the destruction is very surprising . . . .

I read something in the papers about animals fleeing the area, but on the news (RTE) earlier on they were looking at a town where 4 Irish people have gone missing and there was a very stunned bedraggled cat filmed limping through the rubble ...

I had a dream of being caught in a Tsunami on Christmas night. I'm sure there was no influence from TV or radio reports while I slept, 'cause I don't have either in my house. I think the only influence was that during Xmas lunch we had been discussing tidal waves because of the earthquake south of New Zealand (I live in Australia) and saying how lucky we were there wasn't one. That and the symbolism fits with stuff that's going on in my life at the moment.

I don't think it was a premonition, just an spooky coincidence.

i don't remember if it was the night between the 24th and 25th or the following one, i had i dream that i was drowning - sucked down by a vortex. i consider it a pure coincidence, though.

Around Christmas, there always seems to be a huge natural disaster and a girl found murdered in a graveyard. It's so regular it almost seems inevitable.

Your wife's dream must have been a shock, especially when it came "true"...but was it really a premonition? What was it she foresaw? "Something". Where was it going to happen? "In the world". When? "Soon".

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I had a dream that night, I think between 2 and 4am UK time so not far off the time the tsunami struck. I dreamt I was on a beach and there was a huge storm going on. Not exactly the same as a tsunami, but it did seem like somewhat of a coincidence, and not the sort of thing I normally dream about.

What later occurred to me is that if seismologists in the UK can pick up earthquakes which happen on the other side of the earth, maybe the human body can too - maybe I just interpreted what I picked up. It'd be interesting to see if more people had odd dreams that night.

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but it seems relevant here too.

My youngest daughter was supposed to spend the winter in Thailand, dossing about on the beaches until New Year and then going inland to work.
She was going to join a group of Scandinavians whom she'd met when she was working in Switzerland and she intended to travel out with a British friend.

They were leaving in xmas week and she should have arranged her flight in good time, but had a growing feeling of vague dread - nothing specific - about the trip and finally realised that she just couldn't go. She felt bad about letting everyone down, especially her British friend with whom she'd intended to travel. He was nice about it when she rang him though.

Boxing Day morning, she was alseep on the sofa when her phone suddenly went mad and she had (and slept through :lol: ) lots of calls and messages.

When she woke up and looked at her phone, and the puzzling messages she'd had from the peeps from all over Europe whom she'd met in Switzerland, I said, look at the TV - that's where you were going!

Here eyes were like saucers.
Her mate hadn't gone either - she'd scared him and he'd chickened out of going on his own!

She believes she was 'told' not to go. She went to Switzerland on her own and then all round Europe and is normally confident and quite fierce, not at all timid.

Lobelia Overhill said:
I read something in the papers about animals fleeing the area, but on the news (RTE) earlier on they were looking at a town where 4 Irish people have gone missing and there was a very stunned bedraggled cat filmed limping through the rubble ...

The news showed images of animal bodies among the dead :( However, animals can sense when something is wrong and will show signs of tension if an earthquake is imminent for example...I guess it's all the same kind of thing...

I read about a bunch of elephants that give rides to tourists and the like saved a lot of lives because when they sensed the tsunami coming, they hightailed it out of there and their mahouts (sp) encouraged people to follow them saying they know something is wrong. Animals DEFINATELY have some sort of instinct about things like this; ever watch a cat when there's a storm coming?
There were a few people, I heard, who had premonitions/dreams right before the events of 9/11/2001 here in the US. I've had some dreams of the same kind and I'm SO glad they've never come true! My cousin was killed in a car crash in one and while I'm not too fond of her, I wouldn't want her to die in the horrible way she did in my dream.

I read about a bunch of elephants that give rides to tourists and the like saved a lot of lives because when they sensed the tsunami coming, they hightailed it out of there and their mahouts (sp) encouraged people to follow them saying they know something is wrong. Animals DEFINATELY have some sort of instinct about things like this; ever watch a cat when there's a storm coming?
There were a few people, I heard, who had premonitions/dreams right before the events of 9/11/2001 here in the US. I've had some dreams of the same kind and I'm SO glad they've never come true! My cousin was killed in a car crash in one and while I'm not too fond of her, I wouldn't want her to die in the horrible way she did in my dream.

Lobelia Overhill said:
I also had a vision/hallucination/waking dream where a hail storm with hail as big as basketballs fell on one small area and killed everyone who was there (some sort of sporting event), I hope that was just my brain chemistry gone wonky ...
This was posted on another thread:

Link
Hailstones 'as big as eggs' kill 18
By Di Fang (China Daily)

Updated: 2005-04-11 06:10

A hailstorm in Sichuan Province and Chongqing Municipality has left 18 dead, one person missing and 25 injured, the People's Daily reported yesterday.

The biggest hailstorm, which fell in Chongqing, reached 13 centimetres in diameter, according to local reports.

Chongqing's eight districts also experienced gales and 140 millimetres of rainfall in last Friday's storm.

According to the municipal Office of Disaster and Social Relief, about 458,000 residents in 80 counties and towns in Chongqing were hit by bad weather, leaving five dead and 25 injured.

It is estimated that 140 million yuan (US$17 million) of damage was caused.

Qianjiang District in Chongqing was the worst affected, with hailstones destroying more than 27,800 houses and local crops. In this district alone, there was damage worth 35 million yuan (US$4.2 million).

Many cities in Sichuan were also affected by strong winds and heavy rainfall. Some cities, such as Leshan, Dazhou and Yibin, were also hit by hailstorms.

Thirteen people died in the province.

Ye Sheng, deputy director of Gaoxian County's Party committee in Yibin, said he witnessed a hailstorm that lasted for about one-and-a-half hours on Friday.

He said some hailstones were as big as eggs, and even small ones were the size of peas. "Many houses were pierced by the hail. It is the most serious hailstorm for 20 years in the county," he was quoted by People's Daily as saying.

A large band of rising warm air resulted in the wind, rain and hail, the Provincial Office of Disaster and Social Relief said.

Measures have been taken to counter the hailstorm, including cloud seeding. In Chongqing alone, some 2,100 rounds have been launched to force hail to change into rain.

Sichuan Province has set up a special disaster and social relief group to guide the work, comfort affected residents, help them reconstruct their homes to get their lives back to normal.

Areas in Hubei Province adjoining Sichuan also experienced similar weather, injuring 15 people.
Score one for Lobby, I think! (And come back soon...)

Lou said:
However, animals can sense when something is wrong and will show signs of tension if an earthquake is imminent for example...I guess it's all the same kind of thing...

I think so. I have lived on the southeastern coast of the US my entire life and our dogs ALWAYS know when a hurricane is coming. You have to keep a closer eye on them as you are getting the house ready for the hit because they get quite squirrely and want to leave. The instinct seems pretty strong (and pretty sensible). I suppose they could be percieving the changes in barometric pressure?

The tsunami elephant story was investigated on Snopes here. That's not to say that I don't believe that some animals are sensitive to atmospheric changes. Many animals use senses in different ways to humans- dogs hear sounds that humans can't etc. I'd like to believe that animals can sense earthquakes as well, but perhaps I just watch too much Buffy! ;)

Back