• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Price Translation Puh-leeeze??

synchronicity

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I'm thinking about getting a subscription to FT (been buying it off the rack, so to speak, for years now) and it would be much easier if I subscribed, since my nearest "source" is about an hour's drive away--and sometimes I miss issues. :cry:

Anyway...I live in the US so I guess I'm an "overseas" Fortean. ;) I looked up the subscription rates and it says for overseas the price (per year) is 45 English pounds (at least I think it's pounds, this Euro thing has me totally confused!! :evil: And sorry I have to write out "pound" since my oh-so-American puter doesn't have the "pound" thingie on it--just the Almighty Dollar sign! :p)

Sorry--drifting off topic as usual. :oops:

What I was wondering is, how much would this be in US dollars?? I never can keep up with the exchange rate so I would love to know how many dollars the 45 British pounds translates into??

Don't try to soften the blow--I'm already sitting down :lol: and I know it won't be cheap!!

(It's okay tho--I love my FT!!!)

Thank you!! :D

Patti

P.S. YAY--I just realized--this is my 100th post--I am now officially a "Great Old One"!!! :smokin:

Thank you so much, Pietro_Mercurios! I will add that link to my Favorites list--never know when it might come in handy again!

Happy Easter BTW!! :D

synchronicity said:
I'm thinking about getting a subscription to FT (been buying it off the rack, so to speak, for years now) and it would be much easier if I subscribed, since my nearest "source" is about an hour's drive away--and sometimes I miss issues. :cry:

Anyway...I live in the US so I guess I'm an "overseas" Fortean. ;) I looked up the subscription rates and it says for overseas the price (per year) is 45 English pounds (at least I think it's pounds, this Euro thing has me totally confused!! :evil: And sorry I have to write out "pound" since my oh-so-American puter doesn't have the "pound" thingie on it--just the Almighty Dollar sign! :p)

Sorry--drifting off topic as usual. :oops:

What I was wondering is, how much would this be in US dollars?? I never can keep up with the exchange rate so I would love to know how many dollars the 45 British pounds translates into??

Don't try to soften the blow--I'm already sitting down :lol: and I know it won't be cheap!!

(It's okay tho--I love my FT!!!)

Thank you!! :D

Patti

P.S. YAY--I just realized--this is my 100th post--I am now officially a "Great Old One"!!! :smokin:

You will need to subscribe via the US agents (see Reader Info page in any recent issue): IMS, 3330 Pacific Ave, Suite 404, Virginia Beach, VA 23454. Phone 888-428 6676 or 800-428 3003. Order online at www.imsnews.com

Unfortunately, you just missed out, as the US subscription rate has just been increased. It had been $59 - $59.50 for several years now, but has just been increased to $79.99 (due to inflation on printing and distribution, weak dollar etc.) as of the issue we are currently working on. If you're quick, you might get it at the old rate.

This isn't exactly on the same topic, but it has a similar vein to it. In Australia it costs $12.50 per mag (I don't subscribe, why, I'll never know!), but the last issue I bought cost me $11.25 - a saving of a whole $1.25! Since I am a firm believer in "If The Mistake Is In Your Favour, Don't Correct It", I didn't say anything. Most likely the next issue will cost the usual $12.50!

Back