• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Psychic Pet?

Brompton1

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
In the late 60s my parents owned a small black mongrel dog that they named Pippin. They lived in a quiet little village in Oxfordshire that had a pub, a village shop and an infrequent bus service.
Their house had a driveway with 6ft double wooden gates onto one of the main roads through the village.

One afternoon when Pippin was about a year old he started acting peculiarly. He was staring in horror at a patch of gravel a little distance inside the gates. His hackles were up and he started to give little terrified yelps. My mother went over to him to see what the matter was but there seemed to nothing there, only an ordinary patch of gravel. She picked him up and calmed him down.

The next morning she had to go out to the village shop. She opened the gates and Pippin who she had thought was safely shut in suddenly darted out of the gates just as the bus was coming past. The bus hit him and he was injured and bleeding. My father carried him into the drive and just as they passed the patch of gravel where he had acted weird the day before blood dripped from him on to the gravel making a dark patch. Sadly Pippin died from his injuries but it seems to me that he foretold his death by “seeing” his blood on the gravel the day before it happened.

My parents were devastated by his death. If they had only foreseen what Pippin did they might have saved him. But then if they had acted differently and prevented his accident he wouldn’t have “seen” his blood on the gravel.

Have any other animals reacted to that patch of ground? I wonder if Pippin didnt see his own blood, but rather his blood was drawn to the spot and him being upset was the start of a self fulfilling prophecy.

I never heard of it happening again - subsequent pets had normal life spans and never showed any weirdness.

Back in the mid seventies, my parents owned a chichuahua, Pabby, and he would never walk up a particular hill (Pen Hill, near Wells, Somerset). I also recall the local farmer saying he couldn't keep horses and cows there as they would jump the fences to escape. (Or rather I recally my dad telling me this - it's so easy to "remember" childhood events that I can't possibly have been at). The reason given was that the hill was used as a plague pit in the middle ages and animals were sensitive to this.

After Pabby, we had a second chichuahua and she had no qualms about the place.

About 10 years ago I made a half-hearted attempt to find any evidence for the hill as a burial ground, but found none.

Not really psychic pets, but a premonition of a pet's death

About 17 years ago my family took in a stray dog that we found abandoned on a patch of waste ground. The dog, whom we named Bess, was a young black labrador/collie cross of some description and was a very affectionate creature. Sadly Bess was also very wild and prone to chewing furniture if left alone. My parents' existing dog, who was very spoiled, also became unhappy at the new arrival and began to pine.

We contacted the RSPCA who managed to find a new home for Bess although she stayed with us in the meantime. We kept in touch with her new family who lived quite nearby.

A few months later my mother was driving home down a quiet country road when a black dog appeared from nowhere and ran in front of her car. She slammed on the brakes but felt no impact and, when she got out of the car, could see no trace of the dog. She was a little shaken but continued on her journey.

When she returned home there was a message from Bess's new family saying that Bess had run out in the road and been hit by a car earlier that day; at roughly the same time my mother had seen the apparition, if that is what it was.

This has spooked me out to this day I have to say! Has anyone experienced anything similar? I also related it to "black dog" myths and wondered if the location of the incident (rural Northumberland) was significant.

Your story about Bess was sad. Your mother must have had quite a strong bond with her to have "seen" her as she did. I think most pets have psychic abilities to a certain extent. One of our cats (who is now 22 and ga ga) when younger once or twice asked by telepathy for food.

In my opinion most animals, definatly cats and dogs are tuned into to different/higher frequencies then we are. I spent my life growing up with cats, my parents owned a fair few while i was younger, and they would do silly things when the weather was about to change, like run about like loonies around the living room or hide on top of the cupboard. Also when other cats from the same house would get killed or die the other cats would sit around and look very depressed for a day or so. Maybe they can tell when they are going to die or are able to send messages to their owners who they spent so many years with. Egyptians used to worship cats, maybe they knew more about our feline friends then we do now! :shock:

Painy said:
...Egyptians used to worship cats, maybe they knew more about our feline friends then we do now! :shock:

And dogs worship their owners (even the cruel ones) so where does that put us in the pecking order? ;)

The place we live in at the moment is very deffinately haunted, but apart from throwing things at me if I do something to upset it, its a very gentle ghost and the dogs dont get out of shape about it at all. If all of my assumptions are right, then they can tell the demeanor of the supernatural goings on, rather than we humans who just get freaked out by it.

Yup, my dog ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT go down the basement. Not even to chase the cats or eat their food. I've always known that place was haunted, now I just have more proof. The cats are pretty brave though. Much braver than I am. :hmph:

Sorry, compared to the other stories this is really boring but this was the only threat where this wopuld fit.
Our cat "Kitty" is quite spoiled and is allowed to fight with our arms whenever she likes :eek:)
So when I tell her something like: "Kitty come mummy" :hmm:
She will definetly NOT come. It doesn't matter if I whisper, shout or wriggle my toes for her to eat...there's no way.
So I tried to imagine her coming to me and me stroking her.
Guess what?
Of course she jumps up and comes over with a stupid "bbbbrp", stretching and sitting next to me.
Ha! I thought, and wished her to rub her head on my hand...and Lo and behold she did...
[why you little :sceptic: ]
Thinking about it our old cat used to turn up and sit on my lap whenever I watched animals on TV. Everytime Animal Hospital was on, there she was.

Oh and also notably whenever we played a console game, first she was nowhere to be seen and then...
...on the last boss...on your last life...
"brrrp"
GAME OVER

Now I'm not saying cats are definetly telepathic but they surely have a knack...

Well done Fumanchu, try your best to stop this thread turning into another cat appreciation society! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have 2 dachshunds who always know if me or my spouse is sick or in danger even when the afflicted person is not home.
My wife had an auto accident just the other day and the dogs began whining and pacing and moaning, five minutes later she called me to tell me she had been in an accident.
The dogs have displayed this behaviour on every occasion that one of us has been injured or became ill when not in their presence. They always know when something is wrong inside or outside the house.

I used to have a dog, who I sadly had to have put to sleep last year :sob: . For the last few months of his life he used to always go and sleep/sulk upstairs if I wasn't actively entertaining him. I usually spent the evening downstairs before going to bed, but the last thing I would do before going up would be to let him out in the garden so he could have a wee before bed. Very often I'd just start to think "its about time to go and fetch the dog down" and I would straight away hear the sound of him jumping off the bed and scuttling downstairs to me. I can't think of any way he could have known it was time for him to go out. It wasn't at the same time every night, I hadn't got up or made any other noises that would give it away, it just always seemed to be simultaneous with my thoughts. Another strange feature is that he only did this towards the end of his life when he was completely stone deaf. Perhaps he developed telepathy when he could no longer hear me calling him downstairs, or maybe his deafness meant he didn't have distracting noises in his ears blocking his telepathic ability?

Either way it saved me many treks up the stairs to wake him up.

The first time I saw a mexican Axolotl I was told that these amphibians were thought of as being able to comunicate between this and the spirit world.I thought "Oh yeah!Rite" and promptly went out to buy one to experiment on.

I got him a lovely tank with all the trimmings and set it up on a side table in my living room......then I stuck a ouija board to the back of the tank to see what the axolotl would do.

Imagine my surprise when spirits started to speak through him almost immediately.....He would float to a letter on the board...then sinl to the bottom before floating up to another letter until his spirit message was finished.....the messages usually ;) read......."...rmunfflmsklieckzrrz."

Spooky huh?xx :shock: ;)

terrifying!!!!....do you think it may have meant something in amphibian speak? :)

Back