• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Psychic prediction for Grand National - Seabass

gattino

Justified & Ancient
This thread will be elaborated on if it wins. If it doesn't we never had this conversation.

*cough*

Is it just me but two horses died today and people talk about wins... :x
One horse was even more psychic than anyone here as it tried to escape [probably due to a gut feeling] but was forced to race anyway and subsequently had to be murdered because it fell. I feel pain thinking about this. More pain than when stupid humans die because of sport [at least they had a choice].
Hope I can sleep tonight. Yes, it has that effect on me. R.I.P both you lovely equines. xxx

More pain than when stupid humans die because of sport [at least they had a choice].

Can't go along with that, but I agree that the National is a senselessly cruel thing.

I don't get how people who are supposed to love horses enter them into something that stands a fair chance of killing them.

Oldrover, I totally agree.
All those who have a casual bet on the race should have the decency to boycott it, instead.

Recycled1 said:
All those who have a casual bet on the race should have the decency to boycott it, instead.
I quite agree, I thought we prosecuted people who ill treat animals in this country.

I didn't watch it myself (not being that interested), so I didn't realise that horses had been killed.
I do think that the Grand National has to be reworked to avoid these senseless deaths. It is just crazy that these horses are given no chance whatsoever, for human greed.

But if it wasn't for the running and jumping would those horse have even been born? I am bored senseless by horse racing but i am glad no humans where killed,human life is far more important then other animals (with he exceptions of Whales, dolphins and cats)

Back on topic, (me dragging a thread back on topic!!) the prediction was for 1st place, and putting my randi head on , sorry 3rd doesn't cut it.

Ronson8 said:
Recycled1 said:
I quite agree, I thought we prosecuted people who ill treat animals in this country.

Indeed, they don't shoot injured jockeys anymore.

I didn't realise that this had had replies. My prediction failed. But as it came third and Neptune Collanges came first (the relevance of which will be clear in a minute) I'll explain why I took the risk of making it publically.

On Friday morning, after the newspapers listed all the horses running, I posted the following message to 2 different friends:

"even though I can't think why I should associate it in any way with the Grand National - I've fixated on the rather random out of the blue appearance of a shark in my mind's eye as I was drifting to sleep a few nights ago. I noted and remembered it, the fact it just appeared out of nowhere, so have decided I'll treat it as relevant to the race. Will there be a horse with shark in its name? List came out in today's papers.

First thing my eyes fell on.. Neptune Equester..oo.. neptune.. king of the sea..equester is horse.. the sea king's horse.. a poetic description of a shark? But then I noticed another Neptune. Neptune Collonges.. oh for ****'s sake. And then I saw a horse called Seabass. As in a big grey fish.

In short you can make anything fit any number of other things. So I'm not ready to announce my powers to the UN assembly just yet.

But as Seabass is the most direct equivalent to the thing that popped into my head AND when I googled the horse there are all kinds of articles about it being a contender, I've put a bet on it at 25 to 1"

One of the people I posted this two annually claims to always be predicting teh winner and be a bit psychic...so when he responded excitedly that he too had predicted Seabass, and was convinced it would win...although he also was drawn to my mention of Neptune Collonges and bet on both....then my sense that somehting spooky was in the offing took hold.

On Saturday as I googled the horse through the day there were suddenly stories about his odds collapsing.. that it was the big market mover...and by the time of the race it was second favourite, then favourite! At this point a second observation occurred to me.. in the back of my mind I'm sure I've noticed year after year that the eventual winner suddenly had masses of people betting on it as the race approached. You could understand inside knowledge for regular punters, but most of us only show an interest one day a year and know nothing about such things....so the thought of the general population eitehr sensing or causing the outcome entered my imagination... and all this movement towards Seabass is what prompted me to post my prediction on here.

Final bit of oddness is that equally, prior to the race, I wrote to the aforementioned friend another observation. "Remember Party Politics won during hte General Election campaign? If there's more than chance involved in such delightful coincidences what say you a horse with a sea themed name winning during the Titanic anniversary? Let's just hope it doesn't go down..."

Neptune Collanges first, Seabass 3rd.

Did I foresee the winner? Probably not. But its still a little tantalising...

I came very close to winning some money on the National a few years ago.

I was sat in the library, reading the paper after returning Mike Moorcock's Mother London and it had a picture of a horse that was trained by a chap called 'Gasalee'; the very same as one of the characters in the book, and not at all a common name, I'm sure you'll agree!.

I seriously thought about putting a tenner on it, but, as a horse lover, I refuse to bet on horse races, so I didn't get anything when it won, at very good odds as well, I seem to remember!

Back