• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ready Brek Ghost?

Tapeloop

Junior Acolyte
When i was very young (so talking early 70's here) the ITV kids program Magpie ran a story that was something to do with a ghost (or, err, creature) seen somewhere in Britain, and showed a photo that gave me the right heebie jeebies! For years I've been looking for a copy of this photo but I've never seen it again, either in FT, the Unexplained or any books or websites.

Here's roughly what I remember about it, in the hope it might jog someone's memory.

The picture was taken at night but it was a colour photo. I seem to remember it was taken by a farmer on one of the paths on his land and you could clearly make out the hedges. The actual figure was human shaped but you couldn't see any details, just a golden, fire like outline around them, rather like the old Ready Brek adverts (if anyone remembers them!) where the kids would have a golden halo after eating their Ready Brek. The shape of it also looked a little like a sort of childs stickman drawing or the characters on roadsigns.

I guess they could have been making the whole thing up just to do a feature on the unexplained, not sure as I've never met anyone else who even remembers it. Certainly spooked me though, I refused to get out of the car in the dark for years :)

Be great to see the picture again if anyone knows anything about it.

I think i remember seeing this picture.
I cannot remember if i saw it in a book or on the tv.
They said that it was an alien

It's not the 'fireman' photo is it? That one that was taken by a police chief in the US. Doesn't really sound like the same story, but it's of a humanoid shape, wrapped in something like tin foil, thus only visible as a lot of reflected light.

Anyone know a good 'humanoid' picture archive?

Thanks for these. Now I think about it, it could very well have been an alien photo rather than a ghost.

I had a frustrating google session last night, but trying to track down UFO related stuff is a nightmare on the web.

Is this the 'tinfoil alien'?

http://usuarios.cmg.com.br/~hp-gug/et2.jpg
http://ufocasebook.com/tinfoil.html

I'm not sure if it's the one I'm thinking of. I was sure that it was in colour and the creature was further back in the photo. Perhaps that's just my memory playing tricks though, I was probably behind the sofa before the progam finished (hey, I was even scared of Scooby Doo! :) )

Tinfoil man was taken in 1973 so certainly puts it in the right time scale. Not very scary though is he :p

I'd love to see this photo. The description of it just appeals to me.

I've been googling and the nearest thing (not very near really!) I can find to what Tapeloop describes is this -

http://www.abduct.com/aaer2/r2.htm

It gives a date of September 1999 though, so cannot be the same pic that Tapeloop remembers. It's also not very stickman-like, but it does have the Ready Brek glow aspect!

Anyone know a good 'humanoid' picture archive?

I think this is something that would be very useful. See lack of good quality images of the 'Ilkley Moor Alien' on the thread devoted to it in the Cryptozoology section, and quite a few other 'Do you remember this photo' type threads.

'Tinfoil Man' is ace! I've always loved that pic. Just goes to show that 'ufology' was far cooler in the 1970s!

augustverango said:

I've been googling and the nearest thing (not very near really!) I can find to what Tapeloop describes is this -

Link (now dead) renewed through archive: HERE.

Interesting, but to be honest i'm more interested in this part of the description:

Tapeloop said:
The shape of it also looked a little like a sort of childs stickman drawing or the characters on roadsigns.

A firey Stickman? Stickmen out of the shadows...

Could be someone with long hair standing in the sunset looking round quickly.

gncxx said:
Could be someone with long hair standing in the sunset looking round quickly.

If you are referring to the photo in the link i've just (re)posted above and if the photo is un-tampered with, then that's just absurd: Look how bright the 'figure' is next to the background shades!

Why is the sunset only illuminating the 'figure'?

Note: this should in no way suggest that i think the photo depicts anything supernatural.

How about someone caught in headlights then?

gncxx said:
How about someone caught in headlights then?

How about somebody who's had a lot of brightly coloured paint fall on him? :|

Considering that that site offers to test your house dust for alien "pseudo-crystals" for $40, I rather doubt its credibility.

theyithian said:
augustverango said:

Link (now dead) renewed through archive: HERE.

Interesting, but to be honest i'm more interested in this part of the description:

Tapeloop said:
The shape of it also looked a little like a sort of childs stickman drawing or the characters on roadsigns.

A firey Stickman? Stickmen out of the shadows...

That Alien pic looks like a walls twister ice cream turned red fromthe bottm of it. :lol:

How far was the pic taken from?

When they do a close up the upper part of the body looks a little human like(around the head area and chest) so it could possibly be a spirit from the look of it possibly.

As a photographer, I see some object photographed with a very slow shutter speed not using a tripod or monopod, which is necessary for night photography unless you're using a flash. There is both motion blur (from the camera), and possibly overexposure as well. Also, the pic in general seems odd - the background doesn't look right, almost as if parts of it have been blacked out with retouching dye or burned in the enlarger.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't believe it's a ghost or alien. It almost looks like a blurry closeup of something burning or lit up.

And why would an alien be walking around naked on a foriegn planet? For kicks? :?

I think number 46 is the infamous Marshall Applewhite.

MaxMolyneux said:
How do you explain the twisty looking legs?

Since I don't know what the object is, I don't even know that they are 'legs'.

People, please! Can we just get back to the original stick-man with the Ready Brek glow? I wish I'd never posted that photo now. :)

Oddly enough, I was reading this thread just a few days ago before it was revived. I have a feeling we'll probably never see the photo that Tapeloop mentions, sadly.

Back