• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Recommended New Book: Ghost

F

FraterLibre

Ghost: A First-Hand Account Into the World of Paranormal Activity, [sic], by Katherine Ramsland, is out now in a St. Martin's Press mass market paperback, US $6.99, 336pp, notes, index, 8pp photographs, ISBN: 0-312-98373-5.

It's engagingly written and just when you think she's perhaps being TOO open to what she's being told, she drops in some smart take on things that makes you nod and smile. Neither skeptic nor believer, Ramsland explores all manner of ghost hunting, meets all manner of people, and reports on it in a direct way that is both clear and suspenseful.

Quotation: "...I went into the paranormal realm with serious doubt. I emerged from it amazed..."

Anyone else read this? I'm reading it now, and enjoying it greatly.

Anyone have any similar books to recommend?

Addendum: Interestingly, on the TODAY SHOW on NBC this morning, 24 October, 2002, they interviewed Ramsland on the strength of her book The Criminal Mind. She made the first genuinely intelligent remarks I'd heard concerning the Tarot Sniper's likely mental state. She holds masters degrees in both clinical and forensic psychology, and a Ph. D. in Philosophy, which she taught at Rutgers for many years.

Thanks for the tip, FL. I'll pick that one up.

There's more "chaff" than "wheat" with ghost books.

Back