• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Red Spidery Thing

A

Anonymous

OK, here's a really weird thing that happened to me.
I was taking an afternoon nap a couple of weeks ago, and was wakened by something floating up around the ceiling. It was the size and shape of a baseball and was bright red with stringy "arms?" something like a spider coming down from the ceiling, though I couldn't see it attached to anything. It was slowly floating down toward me from around the light fixture. It startled me, so I gasped and threw the bed covers off me (scaring my 2 cats in the process). As soon as that happened, it "poof" disappeared. I didn't see anything like eyes or a discernable facial feature, just red stringy things.
Anybody else experienced something like this?:eek!!!!:

I saw something similar. It was a repeat experience and didn't stop until I moved into a new apartment. Mine didn't lower itself from the ceiling and it wasn't red it just revolved.

http://forteantimes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10712

I thought I was the only one that had ever seen a kind of "phantom spider". I'm sorry to say you're in a company of only three so far. :(

We're a strange, lonely group of people

All the commentary about people seeing things out of the corner of their eye made me think of a recent experience that I was sure was just a visual hallucination. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a large, two inch wide spider walk across my arm and down the couch. It wasn't real because I didn't feel it but it was perfect in every detail. At the time I thought, "that was cool, I've really been on the computer too long and my eyes are going funny."

I've always wanted to have a totem animal. What if the spider is mine? When I was a little girl I had a dream that terrified me. I dreamed about a moonlit pool of water in a tropical setting. On a little hill above the water was a cave in which was a crystal spider. There was a soft glow coming from the opening. The spider was calling me but I was afraid to go because I was afraid of spiders. Later I learned that spiders, and caves are both symbolic of wisdom (which means I may have really missed out).

This has been a strange and rambling confession.

Moral of this story: stop taking those drugs!
:rolleyes:

Mythopoeika said:
Moral of this story: stop taking those drugs!
:rolleyes:
I suppose I deserved that. I've read too many paranormal stories.

I have a distinct jealosy of those who have had experiences with their totem animals and have always wanted to feel that connection. Although some people who have experienced meeting their totem animals have done it using ceremonial drugs, not everyone has.

The spider crawling across my arm does sound like a drug experience. I put it down to my habit of getting on the computer in the middle of the night if I can't sleep for some reason. Half asleep trying to focus in the muted light is bound to cause some strain. Still, I love the idea that there is another world waiting to be glimpsed out of the corner of your eye.

The revolving thing, I won't apologize for. It was a distinct experience and if it had been a one time I probably wouldn't have mentioned it. I can only wonder if something was really there because it continued until I moved and then it stopped. It would show up at the same time like clockwork, all jolly and ready to be noticed.

Back