• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

right place , right time ?

cranionaut

Devoted Cultist
Does any one here think its possible that there are indeed places or people we are meant to be round at certain point in our lives in order to succeed or achieve something that might normally not be possible ?

For example that idea of soul mates or just simply people , places at that point in time ?

Just something I wonder sometimes given most peoples lives follow a predictable pattern ( unless they have any intuition otherwise ) that inevitably not going to change much - you know same odds of finding “ true luv “, winning the lottery or curing an incurable illness.

i mean, if you could cover every aspect of what is happening in every place , with every person , at every second would your influence in others lives ( even if it was just or 1 second ) be enough to change what might otherwise have been predictable in your own ?

You know like throwing a pebble in a pool ?

Ok- you’d technically be god or in the NWO at least , but you get the idea.

More and more people that otherwise wouldnt be exposed to each other are being exposed thanks to the internet but like virus I dont think the effects so far have overall been good.

In fact if you look at evolution you could argue seperation is good thing otherwise you end up marrying your sister or worse her mother.

bah

Im off , that enough introspection from me.

If any of this resonates with you ( please no more coincidences ) feel free to drop in and send me your thoughts .

You know I'll be right there waiting for you :)

I belong to a forum where we discuss this all the time, and you may find it of interest if you check out this link?

The link is to an author's blog and the 2nd (depending when you look at this!) posting is called Synchronicity 11:11 http://cheatingtheferryman.blogspot.com/
and outlines one of the latest synchronicities/coincidences which has facilitated some further communication and assistance to an ongoing project.

The link to the forum is mentioned in the blog article I've linked to, so if you're interested by what you see there, please take a look at the forum and by all means join :)

The author has coined the term 'synchrondipity' for these 'right place - right time' moments, which either give us a hand along our way, or seem to confirm we're truly in the right place at the right time!

Unfortunatly, these days, I usually put such effects down to the human mind's need to construct a satisfying and meaningful narrative.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Unfortunatly, these days, I usually put such effects down to the human mind's need to construct a satisfying and meaningful narrative.

Oh, whys that ?

Curiously awaiting ...

_Cobh_ said:
I belong to a forum where we discuss this all the time, and you may find it of interest if you check out this link?

The link is to an author's blog and the 2nd (depending when you look at this!) posting is called Synchronicity 11:11 http://cheatingtheferryman.blogspot.com/
and outlines one of the latest synchronicities/coincidences which has facilitated some further communication and assistance to an ongoing project.

The link to the forum is mentioned in the blog article I've linked to, so if you're interested by what you see there, please take a look at the forum and by all means join :)

The author has coined the term 'synchrondipity' for these 'right place - right time' moments, which either give us a hand along our way, or seem to confirm we're truly in the right place at the right time!

recurring themes of numbers is not that odd - trust me

You add some numerology or whatever and you fry your bain pretty fast pondering the significane involved- of course if it keeps you amused , then by all means continue.

No harm in that.

cranionaut said:

You add some numerology or whatever and you fry your bain pretty fast pondering the significane involved- of course if it keeps you amused , then by all means continue.

No harm in that.

The blog piece and the forum I referred to has nothing to do with numerology or the significance of numbers and everything to do with the question you asked at the start of the thread...and it isn't for amusement purposes either...ah well, never mind...

_Cobh_ said:
cranionaut said:

No harm in that.

The blog piece and the forum I referred to has nothing to do with numerology or the significance of numbers and everything to do with the question you asked at the start of the thread...and it isn't for amusement purposes either...ah well, never mind...

Well I do see some shameless self endorsement in there about your book , your radio shows , you attending a talk and so on, in facc t to be honest thats all I see.

" I am delighted to say that my work is featured in three different ways in the THE GNOSTIC 2, "

" The National Theatre website has now re-posted the short film they comissioned as a lead-in to my Platform Event in July 2009. "

" I am delighted to announce that the long awaited Rumanian language edition of my first book has now been published. "

" I am delighted to announce that I will be doing a regular, fortnightly, slot on the Radio Show of fellow ANTHONY PEAKE FORUM member, ABRAXAS. "

Perhaps I got lost in all the delightment but I fail to see what all this has to do with the question I posed .

cranionaut said:
...Well I do see some shameless self endorsement in there about your book , your radio shows , you attending a talk and so on, in facc t to be honest thats all I see.
I don't think it's _Cobh_'s book, radio shows, at all - they merely pointed you toward a site which ostensibly deals with the stuff you posited in the opening post.
cranionaut said:
Perhaps I got lost in all the delightment but I fail to see what all this has to do with the question I posed .
Well, there's two possible responses to that. Either you need to revisit the linked site and re-examine much of the material thereon, as you may have missed some crucial stuff, or the way you phrased your opening post is in itself misleading. Speaking personally, I can see entirely how _Cobh_ reached that conclusion.

stuneville said:
cranionaut said:
...Well I do see some shameless self endorsement in there about your book , your radio shows , you attending a talk and so on, in facc t to be honest thats all I see.
I don't think it's _Cobh_'s book, radio shows, at all - they merely pointed you toward a site which ostensibly deals with the stuff you posited in the opening post.
cranionaut said:
Well, there's two possible responses to that. Either you need to revisit the linked site and re-examine much of the material thereon, as you may have missed some crucial stuff, or the way you phrased your opening post is in itself misleading. Speaking personally, I can see entirely how _Cobh_ reached that conclusion.

It does appear that poster was referring me to some related site and not his own - oh well

the ideas seems to revolve mainly round the idea of life after death according to what the authour says.

But these sort of metaphysical conspiracy theories are dime a dozen i.e. there is no evidence - hence the theory

You can present all the facts , data any way you like , but you still end up with what you had before you started - which of course is why james Randi never lost that million he never had :)

Of course if there was some wokring model or way to replicate what they claim so that it could be observed / proven / confirmed that would be great , but how does one do that with death ?

The film flat liner comes to mind .

cranionaut said:
_Cobh_ said:
cranionaut said:

No harm in that.

Well I do see some shameless self endorsement in there about your book , your radio shows , you attending a talk and so on, in facc t to be honest thats all I see.

" I am delighted to say that my work is featured in three different ways in the THE GNOSTIC 2, "

" The National Theatre website has now re-posted the short film they comissioned as a lead-in to my Platform Event in July 2009. "

" I am delighted to announce that the long awaited Rumanian language edition of my first book has now been published. "

" I am delighted to announce that I will be doing a regular, fortnightly, slot on the Radio Show of fellow ANTHONY PEAKE FORUM member, ABRAXAS. "

First of all, I'm not the author Anthony Peake, and secondly, the blog piece I outlined linked to a discussion on how people arrive in our lives at a time that may be a fortuitous coincidence, but if this one incident is backed up by several other coincidences linked to the original, then perhapos there is more going on than at first seems. I thought that was what you wanted to discuss in this thread?? And how perhaps it's an indicator of being in the right place at the right time?? Maybe I misunderstood, but I was trying to help, as the people involved there are a mix of psychologists, philosophers, scientists and other people with an interest in both how the brain's neurology might play a part in perceiving things as supernatural or whatever...or maybe something else is at work.

To quote Tony:
Now this is becoming far more than simply concidence, synchronicity or the "Kangaroo Effect". This is Jungian synchronicity writ large.

I thought if you had a genuine interest in the subject matter you posted about, then you would understand the relevance of the theories I linked to.

Sometimes you have to read a bit longer before you get to the interesting bits... "Cheating the Ferryman" is Anthony Peake's personal blog, in which he posts (like many other writers) announcements of his books and appearances.

The discussion that _Cobh_ referred to, I believe, resides on Anthony Peake's forum, at http://www.anthonypeake.com/forum/viewt ... 760a758d2f

[pontification]Although Mr. Peake and his followers ('itladians' :lol:) are a bit too willing to accept certain conclusions without sufficient (for me) evidence, for my taste, the general tone is civilised and the subjects and discussions are definitely interesting for the average Fortean.[/pontification]

kmossel said:
Sometimes you have to read a bit longer before you get to the interesting bits... "Cheating the Ferryman" is Anthony Peake's personal blog, in which he posts (like many other writers) announcements of his books and appearances.

The discussion that _Cobh_ referred to, I believe, resides on Anthony Peake's forum, at http://www.anthonypeake.com/forum/viewt ... 760a758d2f

[pontification]Although Mr. Peake and his followers ('itladians' :lol:) are a bit too willing to accept certain conclusions without sufficient (for me) evidence, for my taste, the general tone is civilised and the subjects and discussions are definitely interesting for the average Fortean.[/pontification]

Well, it comes down to evidence , and as you say its bit disappointing when you consider that some of them are involved in science and have probably have access to equipement / means to organise something.

This is whats lacking in most theory groups and why I dont really like engaging that much , because in the end its just intellectual masturabtion .

Of course here its different here because most of us probably take it with pinch a salt any way and laugh at ourselves to avoid going insaane.

As I said, Ive seen this happen in different guises over countless forums, unless theres some break or infusion of something new to change it .

Now ,if you going to be serious about it , the only way to do that is obviosuly with evidence / proof . because there comes a point you start inventing , looking at other peoples theories , using it to justify your own and then inventing or posing even new questions.

Keep in ming this is without even knowing those other peoples theories work either ! :roll:

merry christmas :D

_Cobh_ said:
cranionaut said:
_Cobh_ said:
cranionaut said:

No harm in that.

First of all, I'm not the author Anthony Peake, and secondly, the blog piece I outlined linked to a discussion on how people arrive in our lives at a time that may be a fortuitous coincidence, but if this one incident is backed up by several other coincidences linked to the original, then perhapos there is more going on than at first seems. I thought that was what you wanted to discuss in this thread?? And how perhaps it's an indicator of being in the right place at the right time?? Maybe I misunderstood, but I was trying to help, as the people involved there are a mix of psychologists, philosophers, scientists and other people with an interest in both how the brain's neurology might play a part in perceiving things as supernatural or whatever...or maybe something else is at work.

To quote Tony:
Now this is becoming far more than simply concidence, synchronicity or the "Kangaroo Effect". This is Jungian synchronicity writ large.

I thought if you had a genuine interest in the subject matter you posted about, then you would understand the relevance of the theories I linked to.

Ok I dont think I was too clear here , so I apologise what I meant by " right " was something " very different " i.e. call it spiritual experince or a moment - whatever , but something that changed your life - possibly forever i.e. esp in ways that seemed impossible or not rational beforehand

my interest in concidences then are in lieu to that , not for the sake of purely concidence in itself or anything else .

Back