• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Road ghost - video

JackDark

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I recall seeing this vid a while back and finding it very spooky/interesting.

It's basically, an apparition, crossing the road in front of a moving car. Anyone else seen this? Would love to hear some thoughts.

The only thing not ringing true for me is why anyone would be filming in the first place?

Cool vid though, quite short, DL it from here ...

http://members.lycos.co.uk/neonmusik/Road%20ghost.mpg

Sorry, that link forced me to whoever's homepage that was first, and then I couldn't find the movie anywhere on the site. However, is this the one that was just the splotch/bug splatter on the window that was causing the optical illusion of a "ghost" walking across the road? If so, then there you have it. And the answer as to why anyone would be filming that is probably "because they were just filming going down the road and happened to notice the anomaly", or something like that.

If, however, this is not that video, then I apologize for wasting everyone's time with my memory debunking machine. ;)

Just right click on the link, and 'save target as'.

Does Tripod require its members to build ugly pages, with lots of animations and loud backgrounds?

konajinx said:
Sorry, that link forced me to whoever's homepage that was first, and then I couldn't find the movie anywhere on the site. However, is this the one that was just the splotch/bug splatter on the window that was causing the optical illusion of a "ghost" walking across the road? If so, then there you have it. And the answer as to why anyone would be filming that is probably "because they were just filming going down the road and happened to notice the anomaly", or something like that.

If, however, this is not that video, then I apologize for wasting everyone's time with my memory debunking machine. ;)

Yep, that's the one. It's a stain on the windshield. How could anyone think it was a ghost? :?

Leaferne said:
Does Tripod require its members to build ugly pages, with lots of animations and loud backgrounds?

Thats rather ignorant dear. It has nothing to do with the post, and in defence .... thats an ancient homepage. ;)

Bug on the windscreen AND all the worst things about the 80's in one place :lol:

HelzAngel said:
Bug on the windscreen AND all the worst things about the 80's in one place :lol:

Well, DO elaborate?

Well it's simple really, you start off with a bug, then due to the spped of the car when the bug impacts with the windscreen it goes SPLAT!, giving you a blurred smudge on your windscreen. :lol:

I love this video. The first time I saw it was after a long session of looking for creepy stuff on the net, and it creeped the hell out of me. The next morning, after a second watch, it became clear that not only is the ghost obviously a smudge on the windshield, but it's also obviously a smudge for about 80% of the video, and only remotely ghost-looking for the other 20%.

This video will forever resonate with me that feeling of uncanny becoming mundane.

I remember seeing it a few years ago when someone was claiming it to be genuine. I remember thinking..."That can't be what they mean" Looking at a scratch on the glass which looks nothing remotely like a ghost etc...
Ah. It's good to be back!

Yeah, it's defiantely a bug or a rain drop on the car window. The way the camera moves can fool someone into thinking it's a ghost though.

Back