• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Rock-Solid Paranormal Experience

Theo

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I've had quite a few of these strange things happen. The most rock solid of these (literally) happened while I was trying to hitchhike in the country near Eugene Oregon. I was sitting on the side of the road with my friend trying to get a ride. I was bored and picking random gravel rocks off the ground, fiddling with them and putting them back. After a few hours we gave up and decided to play in the river down the hill. I walked about a mile through the creek bed playing in the waterfalls along the way when I found a cool rock in the river. It was a plain grey stone shaped like a spoon with a piece broken off where the handle would be. A week later I was thinking about using some clay to finish the claw shaped handle. I was digging in my pockets and found a small piece of gravel that I must have picked up on the side of the road. It was about the right shape to fit the spoon rock. I tried it out and it fit perfectly, and I mean it was the missing piece, somehow it must have broken off and ended up a mile away from it's other half, and fate led me to find them both. It completely blew my mind. My friend was with me when all this occurred and agreed that it was legit

Great post Theo, made me smile.

Was the spoon carved into the stone or were they natural shaped rock and did they fit exactly?

Even better, do you still have it, can you post a picture?

It had no tool marks and seemed natural, but I don't know how nature would make something that shape. Its about 3 inches in length, dark grey porous rock, round depression with a curved claw/ handle. The pieces fit seamlessly, with some very complex fissures that fit together so well that I couldn't tell they were 2 rocks without looking closely. I lost the small piece under the seat of a car and the big piece fell out of my pocket after I became too attached to it. I don't have and pictures but I might be able to sketch it at some point, I'm not a very precise artist. It seems like cool synchronistic stuff like this occurs mostly when I am acting subconsciously and spontaneous, usually in nature. When my logical brain is turned off, behavior becomes subject to the flow of the universe and reality unfolds through higher dimensions... Or something. It seems like 3d space is an illusion. The rocks were connected not by space but by relevance, and were therefore able to be attracted to each other by the physical tool of me.

Perhaps it wasn't actually a rock, but a fossil that had become petrified...?

"In geology, petrifaction or petrification is the process by which organic material is converted into stone through the replacement of the original material and the filling of the original pore spaces with minerals. Petrified wood is a common result of this process, but all organisms, from bacteria to vertebrates, can be petrified"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrification

Perhaps it wasn't actually a rock, but a fossil that had become petrified...?

"In geology, petrifaction or petrification is the process by which organic material is converted into stone through the replacement of the original material and the filling of the original pore spaces with minerals. Petrified wood is a common result of this process, but all organisms, from bacteria to vertebrates, can be petrified"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrification
I considered that it might be something petrified. It's definitely not petrified wood, I've collected quite a bit of petrified wood and there's no similarity. It could be some other petrified material, maybe some sort of fossilized joint bone

Hi Theo,

This may be neither here nor there, but when I was a kid, I used to play with some oddly shaped rocks I'd found in our back yard (we lived in a very rocky area with a lot of wild land, so it was common to find such things). The rocks were shaped a bit like primitive household or garden implements, so I'd play "house" with them. Of course, my family thought I was ridiculous, playing with rocks, but...whatever. :p

Anyway, coming back to the house after many years, I found these rocks again. After careful inspection, I realized they had what might be faint tool marks, and that what looked like natural formations really weren't natural. What sealed it for me was picking up the object that looked like small stone bowl with my left hand rather than my right. In my left hand, I could feel a perfect thumb notch, which I'd missed before because I'm right-handed. (That was a stunning moment, let me tell you!) A visit to acheological websites confirmed the shapes and tool marks indicated they were tools from the paleo-indian era. (we offered these to the state uni, but they don't want them as they have plenty. Too bad, but I have them on display at home now.)

The point of this is that I had found what looked like random rocks and had begun using them for what must have been their intended purpose - grinding berries with an ancient mortar and pestle, digging a garden with an ancient hoe, using scrapers to scrape - well, not deer hides, but scraping stuff, at any rate. I've wondered if this was because the tools simply lent themselves to this purpose, or if it was more a case of psychometry.

In your case, psychometry could be an explanation for picking up a piece of the same tool at diverse locations. It might sound pretty out there, but I do believe in psychometerty because I've experienced it many times. Also, if they they were paleo-indian tools and not more recent, the tool marks could be rather hard to see due to weathering.

That's a very interesting find! Please post a pic?

I found a cool rock in the river. It was a plain grey stone shaped like a spoon with a piece broken off where the handle would be. A week later I was thinking about using some clay to finish the claw shaped handle. I was digging in my pockets and found a small piece of gravel that I must have picked up on the side of the road. It was about the right shape to fit the spoon rock. I tried it out and it fit perfectly, and I mean it was the missing piece, somehow it must have broken off and ended up a mile away from it's other half, and fate led me to find them both

could you have been mistaken about how much of the "spoon handle" was missing from the rock, and after you recovered it a piece broke off in your pocket, which you then found and of course was the perfect fit ?

Back