• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Royal Forteana

T'missus just played this to me on her mobile phone.
I didn't find it creepy. I thought it so clear - "... death is irreversible" - and such an obvious statement that it was some form of 'bleed over' signal to the recorder. Someone transmitting their own commentary on the funeral. We used to get a lot of incidents of bleed over when I was on CB radio several decades ago.
If it was a professional transmission, it's unlikely to cause bleed over. Also it's quite an inane thing to say and might have been an 'off the top of my head' moment. Also also it might be an intentional bleed over in the manner of the infamous "Max Headroom" TV incursion.
The fact that the original commentator paused when it happened - presumably to see if it continued - then went on with their own commentary leads me to the latter explanation.

Just listened to it and there's a slew of theories running wild on Twitter as to the cause, ranging from the whispers of another BBC host to the ghost of Princess Diana having her say.
Ultimately, probably nothing paranormal and just a technical glitch... or maybe not.

"Princess Diana having her say"? She didn't have one while she was alive, why bother with the public now she's dead. And now she can take up any grievance with 'Er Maj. herself!

Back