• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Scientific Proof Of Poltergeists?

Attempts to replicate this pattern in ordinary ways have so far been unsuccessful.
I find that a trifle unbelievable for a start. It is an interesting approach however, as usually, such detail is often left alone. But nothing of what is written in the article, makes much sense. Re-read it.
Recordings have been made, from alledged rappings from poltergeist, then attempts to re-create them have been also recorded, and the sound data was different. That means nothing, well, nothing new, or unusual, anyway.
But I like the idea that someone has tried to use rationality, to illustrate their investigations inthis field, rather than the usual hokum!
I would much prefer, the offerings of online sound clips *varified or not, makes no odds to be honest!*, set besides the re-creations. Because, otherwise, it's just a case of "believe me, our shit is true!"

That's an interesting piece of evidence. If we can find out how to reproduce Polt raps, it would be a definite advance of our understanding of the phenomenon.

But I'm suprised it's taken this long for someone to do this analysis. We've had the technology for long enough.

Time will tell if this is a breakthrough, or just another baffling cul-de-sac! 8)

That's fascinating. Thank you for posting the link.

These findings would be in line with what I heard the one and only time I've heard a rap.

My mother and I were trying to get a table to tap (doing the "tap table, tap table" chant), when the table suddenly did make a noise like a rap.

But the noise didn't come from the surface of the table, the noise seemed to come from within the table itself--as if the table burped!

We never did that again. :shock:

When our Techy did some Table tipping as a youth, he found that the table would creak and groan before it moved so they could tell when it was about to go.

Don't remember Hearing about Any burping though.

These random capitals are a nuisance.

I used to be a member of the SPR, but am no good now as can't report back on any feedback. They really are a very science based bunch, and i am sure that if it is unscientific, it will be pulled apart in due course. I am sure that what has been presented to the SPR has much more detail than featured in a brief article. We shall wwait developments.

escargot1 said:
These random capitals are a nuisance.
Take careful note - they could be spelling out a message from beyond the veil...!

Difficult to comment on the analysis as they're not really telling us what the pretty looking graphics are showing.

There needs to be some comparison too against raps caused by things like change in temperature, which might be very different.

Back