• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Scotland UFO Sightings

As for the pub if and when i go i find i spend all day and yes i for one get drunk,and i can never get anything else done.

Well that says more about you than anyone else.

I think the point people are trying to make is that when we view your (sorry your groups videos) videos we have seen satellites/meteors/airplanes. And you then ask us to tell you which satellites they are. It is not up to us to tell you which satellite it is, its up to you to tell us why you think its a UFO. Its your footage, the burden of proof lies with you, not us.

I have seen enough satellites and meteors with my own eyes to recognize the same thing in your videos.

we have many species living along side us and still we find new species,so all is not as straightforward as we would like to think.

There is a big difference between finding a new species on earth and finding a new species that comes from another planet and using that argument to try and prove that aliens exist and are visiting us just will not wash.

Don't get me wrong i believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe but its sad to say that there is not one scintilla of evidence for it. There is countless examples of life on earth so its only natural to assume that there will be new species that we have not found yet.

Also just to reiterate what several people have said already, we are not having a go at you, mocking your videos or trying to take the piss out of you. Its just this boy who cried wolf routine that grates. There is only so many times you can post a video that you think is strange but the rest of us see as perfectly normal, before people get bored and the mocking starts.

feen5 said:
As for the pub if and when i go i find i spend all day and yes i for one get drunk,and i can never get anything else done.

I think the point people are trying to make is that when we view your (sorry your groups videos) videos we have seen satellites/meteors/airplanes. And you then ask us to tell you which satellites they are. It is not up to us to tell you which satellite it is, its up to you to tell us why you think its a UFO. Its your footage, the burden of proof lies with you, not us.

Every thing we do is not a burden,we love what we do soon.

I have seen enough satellites and meteors with my own eyes to recognize the same thing in your videos.
Thats good keep watching the skies.

we have many species living along side us and still we find new species,so all is not as straightforward as we would like to think.

There is a big difference between finding a new species on earth and finding a new species that comes from another planet and using that argument to try and prove that aliens exist and are visiting us just will not wash.

Don't get me wrong i believe that there is life elsewhere in the universe but its sad to say that there is not one scintilla of evidence for it. There is countless examples of life on earth so its only natural to assume that there will be new species that we have not found yet.

yes many.

Also just to reiterate what several people have said already, we are not having a go at you, mocking your videos or trying to take the piss out of you. Its just this boy who cried wolf routine that grates. There is only so many times you can post a video that you think is strange but the rest of us see as perfectly normal, before people get bored and the mocking starts.
Yes i agree some people can never see anything,and your right never will why this should be not sure may well be down to thinking people are taking the piss,with eyes wide open and just blind,who knows,who cares do you.

Well good luck to you, i give up. Its obvious that your either being deliberately vague and unreasonable to wind people up or that you really do believe that the lights you shoot are UFO's.

You seem unwillingly to even enter into a debate with anyone who says the lights are meteors/satellites (as many contributers have pointed out). And furthermore you dismiss everyone elses opinions and assume that we have never seen a meteor or satellite and therefore don't know what we are talking about.

Also in future would you at least read peoples posts and try to understand them before replying. I said

Its your footage, the burden of proof lies with you, not us.

and you replied with this

Every thing we do is not a burden,we love what we do soon

What the hell does that mean? I never said what you do is a burden i said that it is up to you to prove that your videos show UFO's and not meteors/sats/planes.

Feen, most of his/her posts are extremely difficult to understand, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like there's no such thing as a spell checker, or patience. I give in, personally. Sometimes, it's like trying to have a reasonable debate about a photograph on ghoststudy.com! Highly unlikely! :roll:

Is everyone got a day off,or are you all on holiday,any ways,As soon as we have a update,we will let you know what we want to debate soon.

There would be no point going in with all guns blazing,when we can take are time and get it done right.soon as we can,got a sky watch friday,over at east coast.

We could equally ask that of you, especially with your nocturnal pass-time!
Anyway, back to Feen's questions john. Would you care to show some respect, and reply to the post proper?

I think that by this stage John has too much invested in his unusual beliefs, so that if he were proven wrong (as he seems to be just about every day on here) it would be a huge volte-face for him to say, oh yeah, you're right, those lights were only planes.

So there might be no point in arguing with him, I know this is a discussion board but some people aren't interested in that aspect of the FTMB and I think what John dearly desires is validation, which he is probably in the wrong place for judging by the reactions he gets. There you go, amateur psychology!

coaly said:
We could equally ask that of you, especially with your nocturnal pass-time!
Anyway, back to Feen's questions john. Would you care to show some respect, and reply to the post proper?

As i said alot to do on this sighting all in due time,

It's getting all a bit 'local' isn't it?

By the way. I don't have a government job. And my irregular working hours see me travelling under weird moonlit nights. - And I have seen a UFO - two in fact, almost colliding which I have mentioned on this site before.

It may be only half an hour's drive home from work on an open country road but I have uncovered something.

Them dead badgers you see on the side of road. They were killed and put there to make it look like an accident.

A quick dip around shows that for the past few years, Scotland has been chosen as a perfect test area for UAVs.

The extreme conditions to be found in Scotland are an ideal testing ground for the first fixed wing police trial in European aerospace.
Strathclyde Police, 2008

http://www.sovereign-publications.com/c ... htuavs.htm

From the same site...

During this same demonstration Cyberflight aircraft formed into a 'flight' with one aircraft at 'point’ covering the lead and one aircraft on each flank providing convoy protection.

Would this appear as a triangular formation?

Also there's BAE's Tanaris which is essentially a black triangle UAV.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/tanaris/

From this site comes the acknowledgement there's a fair amount of testing done at Cambeltown airport in Scotland.

This first flight included a take-off from Campbeltown airport in Scotland, the flight of a fully autonomous mission over Machrihanish bay and return to Campbeltown Airport with a fully autonomous landing. The autonomous flight controlled by a mission system commander, was conducted in close collaboration with the Civil Aviation Authority.

jimv1 said:
It's getting all a bit 'local' isn't it?

By the way. I don't have a government job. And my irregular working hours see me travelling under weird moonlit nights. - And I have seen a UFO - two in fact, almost colliding which I have mentioned on this site before.

It may be only half an hour's drive home from work on an open country road but I have uncovered something.

Them dead badgers you see on the side of road. They were killed and put there to make it look like an accident.

Bloody farmers murdering Baggers!

Cull farmers not badgers!

feen5 said:

I look for proof of UFOs that are flying above our heads yes it takes time a lot of my time,i have the links to rule out all known sats etc and links to other sites that help me in other ways,i post the footage up as soon as i can so people can view it for them self, and if they want to look into more there are links on my site for them to do so,i welcome that the more help the better.

And now you see the vast task we have,it is so easy to say that was a sat move on nothing to see here,so we film time dates direction and take that extra step,and go look it up,

The difference is that we do not know all the species that live on earth yet,and if we look at it like space is just like earths oceans,and earths oceans cover 72% of its surface then that makes me think space is teeming with many life forms,not just living on a planet but living in space.

This boy is not crying wolf,we post the videos up for all to see as we seek the real truth by research in to the objects by time dates direction and links to what it could be,you said your self you have seen many sats etc but never took another step forward to make sure it was,just accepting we go beyond that and make sure it was not a UFO,we accept that there are many things still to be discovered here on earth and much much more in space.

jimv1 said:
A quick dip around shows that for the past few years, Scotland has been chosen as a perfect test area for UAVs.

The extreme conditions to be found in Scotland are an ideal testing ground for the first fixed wing police trial in European aerospace.
Strathclyde Police, 2008

http://www.sovereign-publications.com/c ... htuavs.htm

From the same site...

During this same demonstration Cyberflight aircraft formed into a 'flight' with one aircraft at 'point’ covering the lead and one aircraft on each flank providing convoy protection.

Would this appear as a triangular formation?

Also there's BAE's Tanaris which is essentially a black triangle UAV.

http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/tanaris/

From this site comes the acknowledgement there's a fair amount of testing done at Cambeltown airport in Scotland.

This first flight included a take-off from Campbeltown airport in Scotland, the flight of a fully autonomous mission over Machrihanish bay and return to Campbeltown Airport with a fully autonomous landing. The autonomous flight controlled by a mission system commander, was conducted in close collaboration with the Civil Aviation Authority.

Must go there soon and film this,best of all Midlothian is a good few miles from there,but got a sighting report sent to me and it is up there with the best, it took place on 15 nov 2010 AT AROUND 6AM a round 30 foot object was above trees and came right down to side of car then went in front of it then moved off faster than a jet and no sound from object,MAN THIS PLACE IS GETTING HOT RED HOT.

COULD BELOW BE A POLICE UAV GONE A STRAY LOL

Forest blast scene search complete
An examination of an area of woodland where an explosion took place has been completed.

Police said they had not declared the explosion a "terrorist incident" and the site near Loch Lomond was secure and posed no threat to the public
http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news/for ... _1_1673594

Here is more on this
No terrorist link' to explosion near Loch Lomond
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-11829884

gncxx said:
I think that by this stage John has too much invested in his unusual beliefs, so that if he were proven wrong (as he seems to be just about every day on here) it would be a huge volte-face for him to say, oh yeah, you're right, those lights were only planes.

So there might be no point in arguing with him, I know this is a discussion board but some people aren't interested in that aspect of the FTMB and I think what John dearly desires is validation, which he is probably in the wrong place for judging by the reactions he gets. There you go, amateur psychology!

Is there a time limit on how much time you can spend in here,one thing you are taking your eye of the ball worrying about how long i am in here.

Well here is me thinking i was joining a message board to post messages and footage about UFOs in and around my area and Scotland ITS OPEN TO DEBATE discussion not for arguing or foul mouthed off topic etc replys,and if you are not interested then do not post to thread,reactions validation unusual beliefs planes what are you on,John has too much invested in his unusual beliefs, one thing, you are not even amateur more like a day dreamer in psychology.

...And there we go with the personal, slanderous remarks. :roll:

No terrorist link' to explosion near Loch Lomond
Police investigating an explosion near Loch Lomond are treating the inquiry as a criminal rather than a terrorist-related matter, the BBC understands.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-g ... t-11829884

Still no update on what it was they took away yet.

But got this last night

sighting report sent to me and it is up there with the best, it took place on 15 nov 2010 AT AROUND 6AM a round 30 foot object was above trees and came right down to side of car then went in front of it then moved off faster than a jet and no sound from object,MAN THIS PLACE IS GETTING HOT RED HOT.

I wouldn't be surprised if the remains of someone's illicit whisky still got carted away.

johncbdg1 said:
Still no update on what it was they took away yet.

The Record stated that several "devices" had been removed.

S'also worth pointing out the Leonid meteor shower was at its peak on the 15th and 16th of November over Scotland, with sightings from Sunderland to Perthshire to Glasgow.

johncbdg1 said:
sighting report sent to me and it is up there with the best, it took place on 15 nov 2010 AT AROUND 6AM a round 30 foot object was above trees and came right down to side of car then went in front of it then moved off faster than a jet and no sound from object

A very large meteor was seen around 5.45 am on the morning of the 15th as reported THE PRESS AND JOURNAL

Moooksta

Thank you for that post,now where this sighting took place.
I had finished work at 5am in Glasgow, and headed my usual route home through Neilston-Dunlop, but I needed petrol and went to Stewarton before going home. Thats 2 miles from Dunlop. I got the petrol and drove on the main country road between Stewarton-Dunlop to head home. About half way along that road, I noticed something on my left that caught my eye and saw an orange light "dropping" out of the sky and heading straight over the fields towards me!!!! I got a terrific view even though it travelled extremely fast, it was a matter of seconds from where I saw it a couple of miles away and high up in the sky, to the point that I was at and just at treetop level , I didnt need to crane to see it, I had a great view before it zoomed right up the road on the right, that heads to Neilston. It passed directly in front of my car. It was orange and round and glowing like a cigarette ember. What I did notice were small individual flames coming out from behind it. I told my workmates that I had saw a shooting star, but they were doubtful because of the size and way it travelled. I dont know what it was, but it was amazing to see it pass just above my car, and have no effect on the surrounding environment, and no noise from it. This happened just before 6am on Monday morning 15th November., halfway between Dunlop and Stewarton.

The size of object was around 30 feet

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Articl ... 3?UserKey=

Leonid meteor shower was at its peak on the 15th and 16th of November over Scotland.
And not sure what was going on here,some big low flying meteors around from football to car to 30 feet in size?

UFO seen hovering in night sky spooks Aberdeenshire family

An Aberdeenshire family were left terrified after a UFO invaded the skies above their home for nearly five hours.

Grandmother Morag Ritchie, 50, awoke suddenly at 2am on Saturday to see strange lights circling in the distance a few hundred yards from her rural property near Fraserburgh.

In the video, taken by her daughter's fiancee, Scott Bower, a row of flickering lights can be seen hovering in the sky, before one of the lights moves off to the right and disappears.

Ritchie, who woke up her family to witness the event, said: "I saw lights in the sky and thought it was a strange looking star. When I looked closer, I realised they were moving in a spinning motion and then occasionally something shot off to the side. I kept going back to my bed but I was so unsettled that I continued waking up.

"When Scott looked at it, he was shocked; he didn’t think it was real. Even my husband, who is very sceptical, was convinced there was something strange going on."

The group ventured outside to film the paranormal object that was seen occupying the same spot for almost five hours.

Ritchie, who is known for her role lobbying the government over fishing quotas as a Cod Crusader, added: "It’s like nothing I have ever seen before. I have seen Chinese lanterns and aircrafts at night and this was nothing like that.

Video and more here: http://news.stv.tv/scotland/195124-some ... ted-video/

The video shows...something?

An interesting video from Pitlochry in today's Courier:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/News/Perthshire/article/25906/video-ufo-experts-study-pitlochry-footage.html

VIDEO: UFO experts study Pitlochry footage

For decades we have been launching objects into space, hoping to make contact with whatever is ''out there''. But this footage, filmed in Perthshire by a Romanian chef, has sparked an investigation into the unknown.

Adrian Musat (40), from Pitlochry, captured an eerie white light seemingly floating in nearby Clunie Wood, the morning after Bonfire Night.

After bringing the home movie to The Courier offices in Dundee, a copy has been passed to the British UFO Research Association (BUFORA) for verification.

Mr Musat first spotted the bright object at around 7.30am from the window of his home in Walker Court and it appeared for a second time at around 5.30pm that evening, this time emitting a pulsating light.

Still shots and a video of both sightings are undergoing analysis, but Adrian tells Tuesday's Courier he is reserving judgment until he gets an expert opinion.
It's hard to see what's going on in the video. The version on the newspaper website seems to be a recording of the footage being played back on the viewfinder screen of a videocamera, strangely. Apart from a couple of street lights at the very start, there is nothing in the frame to give scale to the object, if indeed it is an object.

I didn't use the word 'interesting' as a shorthand for "This is definitely a UFO!!!!!11!!1!one!" but because I thought the video might be of interest to the folk on this thread. As you say, a bright light with a darker background and a video camera with autofocus etc.. means it could be anything at all.

Back