• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

SCP Foundation

altered_boy

your friendly neighborhood alchemist
Disclaimer: This looks like the right place to post a thread like this, but if not I apologize. I can relocate, haha.

I just wanted to make a brief post about the fiction wiki-dot site called the SCP Foundation? Are any of you familiar with this site?

If not, I wanted to casually recommend it. I'm not affiliated, this is not an official endorsement, I just think it is a really interesting place.

More or less, it is like the fictional version of this very Forteana forum. SCP fiction (special containment procedures) is like John Keel-meets-
Lovecraft-meets-George Romero, and its a public site ran thru upvotes and downvotes like reddit. A person writes an SCP entry (SCP: ####) and if its popular it's incorporated into their loose, open-ended canon and if its downvoted then no harm, no foul. it disappears.

anyways some of them can be garbage but when it's good, it's great. I really like them, and I think the site has been around over a decade. Got a pretty interesting youtube channel, etc. Lots of esoteric symbolism and forteana galore.

Cheers

www.scp-wiki.net/

A good video for funsies

Last edited:
I've dipped my toe into the water there once or twice and yes, there is some incredible writing to be found there, however, I found it hard to take to. Perhaps I just didn't devote enough time to it. Maybe it's time to take another look.

Adding - on a meta level I enjoy seeing how the canon develops.

Adding - on a meta level I enjoy seeing how the canon develops.

Absolutely! The community effect adds a really nice touch. I think Lovecraft would've been proud! I'm actually thinking about trying my hand at some in the near future. Maybe I will post them on this thread if that ever happens.

Do you have any favorites you would recommend, video or otherwise?

The being that teleports to dark places and induces such terror you can't move by it to escape...

The being that teleports to dark places and induces such terror you can't move by it to escape...

Recall a name by chance? I bet it wouldn't be hard to find if not. I will check it out!

If you're ever looking for an hour to kill before bed or something, I recommend this. So worth it, it was a great blend of everything.

@altered_boy Currently enjoying the Exploring the SCP Foundation series by The Exploring Series on Youtube. He takes a topic, summarises it, reads sections and gives his own thoughts and comments. If you have space to try them, see what you think!

Last edited:
Back