• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Scully and Mulder return!

..and I wish I'd gone to see Wall-E again, instead.

They should have just left well alone :(.

stuneville said:
They should have just left well alone :(.

To do that, they'd have had to have stopped at Season Five (as I repeatedly told them to do).

I thought it was ok. Not great, but watchable.

Weak points:
-The Google 'stem cell research' approach to brain surgery.
-The superfluous Russians. They were undeveloped and just dodgy foreigners.
-Felt like it had left parts of some of some of the plot lines on the cutting room floor. There had clearly been more of the FBI-boss and Mulder relationship.
-The 'done before' nature of psychics and missing persons. Even their fate and the paedophille-victim link was not enough for a really new spin.
-The beard shaving 'back to business' cliche.
- The 'issues' felt slightly crow-barred: George W Bush, Stem cell research, the nature of faith, redemption; they even got a mention of gay marriage. Felt a bit like a hotchpotch.
-WHAT WAS THE SHOT AFTER THE CREDITS ALL ABOUT?

Contrary to what someone said above, i didn't mind Billy Connelly.

A certain kind of 'phile has been saying for years that what these two needed was a vacation, with ocean. And Scully wanted to get away from the darkness. So we got what we wanted.

And it was me she waved at. :)

Damn.

Now i'm looking at the boxset of the complete set of episodes. In truth, i don't really want the final few series but the price difference means i may as well get them. But it's still a lot of money! One of you richer posters clearly need to step in and have them sent to me. Then i can stop all this internal debate. How's that?

How perverse that a slightly unsatisfying film has made me want to revisit the series i watched over a decade ago. That kinda marketing ploy would have to be a conspiracy in itself. Anyway, yes, memories of a long time ago with the long since outgrown 'trust no one' t-shirt and a happy night's viewing. I'm just a ball of nostalgia about everything nowdays, it seems... Damn this third decade thing...

Back