• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Secret Road Signs

My God! Road signs have stickers on the back!;)

Placing these things on the *back* of the sign is pretty cunning.;)

Fortis said:
My God! Road signs have stickers on the back!;)

Placing these things on the *back* of the sign is pretty cunning.;)

The reason they are on the back is that they are designed for an invasion by the sinister forces that drive on the left.

Watch Out Amerika! The Redcoats are coming!

That's funny... of all the roadsigns I've stolen, none of them had those nice reflective stickers on the back. Now could someone tell me exactly what is wrong with the idea that our government would plan for a national emergency? Eh?

EDIT

hhahahahah. ahhhh hahahah. I just spent some more time on the site. 'Truck' and 'Car' are code words at rest stops. They have nothing whatsoever to do with _cars_ or _trucks_; they're for landing helicopters 40 miles away from the nearest gas station or 7/11 so the pilot can take a crap and get a snickers bar... I guess. hahahah.

/EDIT

And there was us thinking they'd use maps.

And I bet the lamp-posts are actually for tethering that enormous fleet of black Zeppelins...

What about those cunning stripey road crossings with the flashing beacons, which are obviously landing beacons for squadrons of tiny micro spy planes!

zapcat said:
What about those cunning stripey road crossings with the flashing beacons, which are obviously landing beacons for squadrons of tiny micro spy planes!

What's the betting the micro-planes are also stripey so that they are invisible on the landing strip, and fly cloaked within migrating herds of Zebra?

Stu Neville said:
What's the betting the micro-planes are also stripey so that they are invisible on the landing strip, and fly cloaked within migrating herds of Zebra?

I think you're getting planes confused with plains, besides the common or garden zebra has a rather small migratory range, which is dependent upon habitat quality and can vary from as little as 11 square miles (30 km2) to over 232 square miles (600 km2) during migration.)

Best to keep your eyes peeled near zoos, just in case ;)

Never mind the back of the signs, it's the symbols on the front that scare me. "Give Way", "Slow Down", "Children Crossing". What's all that about ? I find them very distracting. I nearly dropped my crack pipe last time I was out cruising in my Buick.

Although this site is clearly bonkers (though wonderfully so), I have noticed that in the UK you do see road signs (black on yellow) with just triangles, squares or circles on them, which I've often wondered about.

ps I put 'road sign conspiracy through google and came across this
http://www.users.mis.net/~hbelkins/signgoofs.html
Which has to be one of the saddest things I have ever seen.......

Originally posted by Fortis I would have said that this guy needed to get out more, but that might be part of his problem.

Imagine the fun of a road trip with this person. Imagine the fun of a trip with both the road sign freaks.

"Stop the car. That's not a KY sign!"

"Heck, it's a secret message. It says I-65. That's gotta be a code for somethin' sinister."

"Oh, sweet lordy, a sticker. Run for your life!"

And so on. ;)

I was travelling through Wolverhampton station today and at the north end on the right hand side of the WCML not long after leave the station is a siding. There is a sign at the end of the siding that reads something like "Electric locos must not pass this point", a yard after this sign is a set of buffers, the final overhead wire gantry and an embankment.
My question is "Why would it be OK for the driver of a diesel loco to carry on past this sign?":confused:

I love sites like that.
But one weird roadsign thing... I don't know if these are all over the place or just in Vermont, but I see lots of road signs... they're triangular, like a diamond-shaped sign cut in half
_
V

Like that.
They're just unpainted metal. No markings that I can see.
They're all over the place. Sometimes in pairs. They're weird.

The black on yellow hollow circles and triangles are to show that the route is part of a bigger detour route, usually stemming from a A-Road or Motorway. Usually caused by roadworks.

Roadworks which are required to remove all trace of tarmac damage caused by UFOs. I tell ya, we are all f*cked, the Greys are the puppet masters, wibble... :)

Bare Metal Triangles

Did they look like they have a hinge in the middle?

If so then they're probably winter snow signs that fold up when it's cold out, I've seen a lot of these all over the place.

Re: Bare Metal Triangles

ColtFarmer said:
Did they look like they have a hinge in the middle?

If so then they're probably winter snow signs that fold up when it's cold out, I've seen a lot of these all over the place.

That was one of my first thoughts... but no, its just one peice of metal, as far as I could tell.

Back