• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Seeing double

indigochild

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Today on my way to visit a friend I had a wierd experience.

Stopped in the traffic of a quiet village road and this rather tubby boy in his school uniform walks past on my right side, so on the other side of the road on the pavement. He looks at me as he's walking and doesn't take his eyes off me, but no smile just deadpan face, I notice he has a sort of square topped short hair style and is strawberry blonde, then he looks away and spits on the pavement and carries on lolloping along.

The tractor turns down lane the car line starts going me too, Btw he's walking towards and past me so as I'm driving I'm leaving him in the distance.

Anyway, then I get to the one way system around the castle, there's only pavement on the right side and as I'm driving past the side of the castle wall, what looks like the same boy, tubby, same uniform, same hair and I am sure same face, same deadpan face, is walking towards me stares at me again and turns away spits on the pavement and carries on walking past...

Now bearing in mind the castle is a good 20 mins walk from where I was when I saw boy 1, boy 1 was walking away from castle so there is no way he'd get down by the castle, t takes 5 imns by any vehicle!! Boy 2. was walking the same way from castle in the general direction of the village but there is no way same boy would've turned around ran to the castle 9 as I said it'd takle 20 mins) then turn and walk back ...

First I thought, oh my God, thats the same boy, then I thought ahhh twin, then I thought, but they did the exact same thing looked, looked away then spat....

:shock: :?

It's a glitch in the matrix.

Aha! Deja vu, how d'you do?

Have you ever had any previous precognitive experiences - dreams that happen the next day; thinking about an old song not heard in years that suddenly comes on the radio, that sort of thing?

You might have some latent clairvoyant ability, you never know...

Sort of,

the song thing happens to me on a daily basis, I am thinking of a song and I switch on the radio and it's on there....

Same with telephone, and it's not someone I usually speak to, someone I haven't heard from in a while.... do you think this is related?

My boyfriend has witnessed it a few times and said "that's just weird!" :lol:

I am sensitive to things like this I think, feelings especially, but am really not sure if I am because I think about it so notice them more, or the other way round.

:)

and before anyone says, I don't do drugs :lol: :lol: :p

This could be a classic case of a Doppelganger where 2 versions of the same person appear in close proximity both acting out the same motions. Doppelgangers are reputed to be forewarnings of death. Usually for the person who has the Doppelganger so don't worry!

When this happens the witness is unsure that they have seen a double or a ghost which is even more freaky! Whether they are ghosts or hauntings in the true sense is debatable, but at the very least, if proved to be paranormal, they are a very close cousin of a true haunting.

Also possibly a Vardoger but as there was no interaction I would plump for a Doppelganger. (This is where the "double" appears to precede the real person. In some cases the real person can go to a location they've never been to before and be greeted like a long lost friend only to find the people there have been speaking and interacting with the vardoger.)

what a spooky experience you had. The first thing that came into my mind is that of a "twin", as they do tend to do, so many simillar things.
Ruling that out, I am lost for words really.
In this the film Grounhog day springs to mind.
Sorry couldn't give suitable answers for you.

Apocolypse Cow wrote:

The song thing happens to me on a daily basis; I switch on the radio and the song is there...

The same thing happens to me very frequently - have a look at my post about Precognitive Dreams for an event which happened to me a few weeks ago.

Tiger Lily's doppelganger and haunting theory. That's actually a good possibility.

I wonder if - I don't want to turn morbid here, but - the boy you saw had been involved in a road accident on that stretch of highway, and what you saw was a 'replaying' of part of the event?

Arthur C. Clarke posits the theory that the environment can capture events and imprint them when the conditions are right - electromagnetic conditions, temperature light etc. - and then replay them when the conditions are similar.

Interestingly he also says this (and I'm not saying you imagined it for a second, just relating his theory):

The eye is a camera: it receives images, focuses them on the retina, relays them via the optic nerve and the brain makes sense of what you see.

Could it be possible (he argues) that under certain conditions of mental excitement or stress the visual system acts in reverse, and the eye works as a projector, and the brain transmits the image that you see?

I don't think, Apocolypse, that this quite applies in your case, as this theory requires the viewer to be expecting to see something - unless you did see the first boy, and then 'replayed' it the second time?

Do keep in touch and let us know if you have any other experiences like this one. :D

While dopplegangers are possible, especially ones in close proximity (see below) i think you saw a spirit, or a ghost.

Once after my son was just born i was sitting with him, he was all propped up in the corner of the garden swing. Our backyard was adjacent to four other yards. One of them, a little higher up on the hill, had a back door and little porch that overlooked everyones' yards. After sitting for a while, an old woman, someone I had never seen before and never saw again (we lived there 13 years) came out onto the little patio and stared at the baby. She didn't smile or respond to me, just stared very intently at the baby with the utmost serious look on her face. She was giving me the creeps, so to lighten things up i picked up the baby, faced him towards the woman and did a little baby-puppet dance, thinking i could get her to crack a smile. didn't happen, still no response. sure she could have been a crabby one time visitor to the house, who knows, but i did get the feeling there was something on her agenda. I thought she was someone who came to see the baby, a ghost or a spirit. I looked away after a while and when i looked back she was gone.

Another time my mom and i were driving down the main street of a little local town and my mom said she saw someone she knew and commented that she thought he sure was looking bad. She told me his name. We found out later that he laid out in the funeral home on that street the day we saw him.

I saw my doppleganger (or something very close to one) driving into a parking lot at a rock concert venue. I was terrified and ducked down in the car passenger side and was on edge the entire evening thinking i might run into my double and die! This was the same timeframe when i was working in a department store and a friend accused me of snubbing him, riding past on the escalator looking right at him and ignoring him. It freaked me out that my double had been in the store where i worked. This double had the same (kind of individual) hair cut/style as me.

Can dopplegangers drive cars? For awhile many people were telling my sister they saw her out driving. Her double had her face and also the same kind of car!!

I'm with Tiger Lily on this one, but there's another Norwegian version of a Doppelganger where the 'ganger will appear as a precursor to the arrival of the real person minutes later. They are usually silent and expressionless. Could be a version of the Vardoger, but I'm sure it has another name, which of course eludes me. I'll look through some back issues of FT, I'm sure there was something like this in strange days about five years ago.

Back