• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Seeing the Living (in Locations Far Away)

parrisdude

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Last Sat 10/14/06 my mother called me upset from Pennsylvanna Usa asking where her 6 yr old grandson was

i told her he was at a friends house staying over...She then told me how she had just woke up and noticed a flashlkight at the back bay window

she goes to the window and pushes back the curtin to see her 6 yr old nephew standing there in a red shirt holoding a flashlight

he then turns and gives her a blank stare..She yells what are you doing here..she was about 300 miles away from where he should be

she goes around to the back door turns on the light and no ones there....

Im able to call the house hes staying at and she talks to him and everythings ok

so what was it.....

my first thought is something tried to lure her outside--or tried to be let inside...she dident do this because there are black bears around and its dangerous

the house is know to be haunted cousins have seen a ghost for years

what is it called when this happens?

I'd call it a 'fetch' or 'doppelganger' or 'vardoger', I think.

In some cultures, the out-of-place appearance of a living person is seen as very bad luck. In Britain, I think it is just found puzzling!

If he was asleep at the time he was seen then he could have been projecting himself in some way through an OOBE or somehing (?)

He was wide awake and the double was wearing a diffrent color shirt one thats not owned by the 6 yr old..

i think it was trying to lure her outside

creepy

just out of curiosity, you said that the first thing you thought of was that something was trying to lure your mother out. i would have thought a couple of other less threatening things before that. is there something malevolent about the ghost your cousins say is there?

the ghost has never tried to harm any one...but only appears to younger people

The most rational explanation is that the experience is the product of a mind not yet fully awake. I think the major clue was in the fact that she had just woken up. The waking brain can imagine all sorts of things.

It's the most rational answer, but not necessarily the correct one...

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you that this is likely the product of the mind since the youngster was fine. However, I have had a few dreams in my day that seemed "too real" and after a phone call, I found out that they really were. Also reminds me of the bit in the "Mothman" where John Keel shows up at the farm house in the middle of the night and the farmer wanted to know why he keeps coming by.

Perhaps there is a moth involved? :shock:

This has happened to me a number of times in my life, friends wil tell me they saw me in a place when I know I was somewhere completley different. I have just come to the conclusion I must have a doppleganger, one day maybe I will come face to face with her prehaps I can convince her to go to work in my place :D

Back