• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Serial foot-feeler caught

A

Anonymous

Police in Louisiana say they've caught a man they suspect of being a serial foot-feeler.

The man was picked out of a line-up by a woman who claimed he'd massaged her feet in a store in New Iberia.

The woman said the culprit had first asked about her shoes.

Police say they have been getting reports from women made to feel uncomfortable by the foot-feeling man at a number of stores in New Iberia.

Christopher Briley, 27, was arrested after a tip-off from a member of the public who recognised him from a description which was circulated locally.

Officers say he never got aggressive with the women or chased them.

The Advocate says he's been charged with assault.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_752575.html

The moral of this story ? If a total stranger asks you to close your eyes while they massage your feet, cover them with food and then photograph them, there's just a chance they might not be from a legitimate charity.

Surely these people could satisfy their curious desires more
easily by taking a job in a shoe shop.

Or edit a local paper . . . It doesn't
seem to matter where you live, almost any issue of any local
paper will contain a picture of some triumphant sponsored
walk bod pointing to his blisters. Or some gangling youth bemoaning
the dearth of size 17 trainers. Or some biddy pointing at the
cardboard sling-backs she has bought from a market stall and
which have disintegrated on her trek across the Sahara.

And that's before you reach the Sports section with its hideous
pictures of kick-boxers and judo kids. Not to mention atrocious
job ads with yet more pictures of horrible training shoes and
clever slogans about getting in the fast lane, which just
suggest the jobs really stink. :cross eye

A Dutch chap with whom I was at University with got deported for going on the red Barton buses around Nottingham, taking off his shoes, and feeling women's bums through the gap at the back of the seat with his toes. I think it must have been a persistent thing for him to get deported for it, we never did find out the ins and outs of what happened.

I saw him about 3 years later, and he'd managed to get back into the country somehow to Nottingham, and he was laughing about it!

As I recall, the events made it into an issue of Bizzare at the time, around 96-97 I think.

Back