• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Shadow People or Curse? I Need Answers

David Byrne

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I don't really know how to explain what's been happening to me so I will try my best and hope that it makes sense. I ain't crazy , that I can assure you. Recently I've been seeing shadows or 'shadow people' as I have been calling them , I'm pretty sure that's what they are. When I look around the corner I will see a shadow then instantly it will disappear without me being able to get a good look to see what it is. I've also noticed if I go toilet when I open the door there will be a full shadow standing there but again it will instantly disappear without me getting to see what it is or what it wants , that sounds crazy I know , but it's got to mean something. When at work there's been a few times where I've seen people walking towards me and I can feel the presence of someone walking upto me which forces me to look up in a panic but there is no one there which makes me feel a bit uneasy , I've even thought maybe I'm just thinking too much about it which is causing me to manifest what I'm over thinking. I don't think it's nothing though as even when I can't see someone walk towards I feel a presence and energy that is extremely strong. Why else would it cause me to panic ? I've also seen black shadows walking towards me when I'm working so I look up or look around and they disappear instantly , yet again. Has anyone else experienced this ? Shall I pray or say some bible verses out loud ? I'm confused and in need of some answers

Can I just say...I am a big fan of your music, Mr Byrne.

Regarding the shadows...I'm not saying you haven't seen anything, but have you had your eyes tested? I mean a health check. It might be macular degeneration, or something like that. If you can rule that out first, and it still happens, then it's something weird.

If I'm honest I wear glasses so as far as I know my eyes are fine. I had them tested not too long ago. I was watching a video on YouTube about the Mandela effect so I looked at the comments and there were also people leaving comments saying they are experiencing the same thing , which I find extremely weird and unsettling. I have dabbled in things such as spells , curses , trying to invoke spirits so I hope I haven't done any real damage to my reality lol

I see shadows out of the corner of my eyes all the time too, but then realised they were those floating cells on the surface of the eye, you see more of them as you get older but I don't think they're anything to worry about.

I see shadows out of the corner of my eyes all the time too, but then realised they were those floating cells on the surface of the eye, you see more of them as you get older but I don't think they're anything to worry about.
I get that too.

But also, as I get older and my sleep becomes more erratic, I frequently drift off into microsleeps (or longer) during the daytime, and often have dream flashes of people or animals based on something within my visual field. When I suddenly wake, I can often understand these as misperceptions of perfectly ordinary domestic items like furniture or curtains. It's quite fascinating, actually!

This isn't really the thread I should have read sitting in a dark room on my own. At least I'm watching Reservoir Dogs and not something scary.

I've heard of a lot of people who've seen shadow people out of the corners of their eyes, but if I understand David correctly, he's seeing them right in front of him, then they disappear.

If I'm honest I wear glasses so as far as I know my eyes are fine. I had them tested not too long ago. I was watching a video on YouTube about the Mandela effect so I looked at the comments and there were also people leaving comments saying they are experiencing the same thing , which I find extremely weird and unsettling. I have dabbled in things such as spells , curses , trying to invoke spirits so I hope I haven't done any real damage to my reality lol

I had extremely bad nearsightedness and even worse astigmatism. It's been corrected with PRK Eye Surgery. Prior to the correction I saw a lot of shifting and distortion in my peripheral vision. Sometimes we see things and our mind tries to make sense of it...

You could get your eyes checked and say a few prayers. It can't hurt to cover all the bases. That's what I would do.

When you speak to your optician, make sure you describe what you are seeing. It might be a symptom of something they don't normally screen for.

You could get your eyes checked and say a few prayers. It can't hurt to cover all the bases. That's what I would do.

When you speak to your optician, make sure you describe what you are seeing. It might be a symptom of something they don't normally screen for.
I've had directly in my line of vision shadow people experiences twice now .. Rynner's micro sleep explanation would fit the first one I had because I was working insanely long hours (officially, I was on call 24 hours a day, 6 and a half days a week at the time but the pay was fantastic) ..

My first experience was after I'd finished a shift at a hotel bar where I was also the night porter. I was sat with a pint at the bar and just happened to be looking at an open doorway when an absolutely dense black outline of a woman walked past it from right to left .. the figure was so sharp it looked as if it had been cut out of a sheet of paper and moved perfectly naturally ... my brain didn't compute how weird this was until after I'd jumped out of my seat assuming it was my female boss. I tried to cut 'her' off in the direction she was walking but there was nobody there and nowhere for anyone to have been able to double back or hide .. it was very vivid but I've always put it down to tiredness .. it is worth pointing out though that a friend had previously claimed to have taken a photograph of a shadow woman in the same bar and also told me he'd seen a shadow figure follow me up a staircase there from the vantage point of an outside window. A medium from a local paranormal group also told me I had a woman's ghost following me around in that hotel, I hadn't told the medium anything about the previous experiences so that was a strange coincidence ..

The second shadow people experience I had was as a patient on a hospital ward .. this time almost certainly caused by the medication they had me taking .. it's a long story but I hallucinated in a waking state solid shadow demons around my bed, I even posted about it on this site as it was happening ... I was a bit freaked out so closed my eyes and said the lords prayer .. when I opened my eyes, everything was back to normal .. the power of suggestion/mind over matter I'd suggest for that one.

Still more likely to be an eye problem which is in turn increasing your anxiety. If you use recreational drugs as well I'd cut that out to. Also a visit to the doc wouldn't go amiss. Get a decent examination, bloods done etc.

As Naughty Felid and others have said, I've only had these experiences when I've been over tired or over stressed ... so yes, tell your doctor .. and ask for a blood sample to be taken. Your doc won't laugh at you over this, it's fairly common.

As Naughty Felid and others have said, I've only had these experiences when I've been over tired or over stressed ... so yes, tell your doctor .. and ask for a blood sample to be taken. Your doc won't laugh at you over this, it's fairly common.

Also, in people who have the odd hallucination or 'blanking' there's the possibility of a spot of mild epilepsy. Seeing the doctor about this can be a big deal though as (here in the UK at least) you'll lose your driving licence PDQ.

Discovered that autism is something you have to notify to the DVLA!

surely autism doesn't affect the ability to drive ?

not as a blanket thing! I suppose sensory issues mean someone wouldn't be safe, but that's not accepted as part of autism by the Establishment. :(

Also, in people who have the odd hallucination or 'blanking' there's the possibility of a spot of mild epilepsy. Seeing the doctor about this can be a big deal though as (here in the UK at least) you'll lose your driving licence PDQ.
I gave up my licence years ago, as I don't have a car, and I resented them demanding £20(?) to update my licence with a photo (which I'd also have had to pay for!)

Not even sure I can drive any more, with my knee and other mobility problems...

Take my advice, people, and don't grow old...

I gave up my licence years ago, as I don't have a car, and I resented them demanding £20(?) to update my licence with a photo (which I'd also have had to pay for!)

Not even sure I can drive any more, with my knee and other mobility problems...

Take my advice, people, and don't grow old...
I'm trying not to but it doesn't seem to be working mate ..

Get your eyes checked.

But honestly? People see these things, and my theory is, whatever they are, they're just a bit curious, but they're nothing to do with us - just ignore them.

Its like when you're out somewhere and you feel the atmosphere change...just walk away and ignore it. Something would rather you be not there, but nothing will happen.
I like your reply 'just ignore them' as it seems that people who obsess over these 'things' are the ones who end up having bad experiences with them and inevitably can't get rid of them.

4:20 into this video resembles almost exactly the shadow person effect I saw in The Red Lion Hotel, Cromer .. it was as vivid as this and walking from right to left in my direct vision past an open doorway where I proved it was impossible for anyone to have been there ..

Impressive. No discernible features.

The ultimate ninja outfit would be coated in that stuff.

Back