• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Silent Hill

A

Anonymous

SILENT HILL...

Before I start the dialogue, I'll tell you that Maria is not Mary, as Mary is James' dead wife...but this Maria, she looks just like the sultry and somewhat disturbing, Mary, only far more premiscuous...James' has never seen Maria before...
Bare in mind that this is Silent Hill...anything goes...

<Looking first person through jail type bars, from the inside, at a young, beautiful woman. Maria, sits casually on a chair...>

Maria:"James, honey. Did something happen to you after we got sepparated in that long hallway?
You always were so forgetful. Remember the hotel?
You said you took everything, but you forgot that tape we made...I wonder if it's still there?"
<pause as the camera moves closer to the bars, towards Maria,
she looks straight at the camera>
"I'm not your Mary..."
<FMV sequence>
<Maria touches James on the cheek lovingly through the bars>
"I'M REAL!...."

SH2 is a playable horror movie, so real that I don't play it after dark or on my own...

Are you ever scared of whats round the corner on Resident Evil?

Well I've had the crap scared out of me by computer games a few times. Mostly by multiplayer DOOM in an Arena we designed ourselves that had a large, dark area of flesh toned, moving walls right next to the chainsaw.

I also reccomend Phantasmagoria 2, Resident Evil and even Final Fantasy.

Why the prolonged ad for Silent Hill?

Cujo

Oh definitely, those sudden battle insertions in FF series are quite a shock sometimes...I have FF7/FF8/FF9 and will be getting, FF10...

Why the prolonged ad for SH2?

Watch the trailer my friend...and you shall see...It is TOO lifelike...Maria is TOO real and the fog that hung around my home over the last few nights has been disturbingly thick...I did not welcome it at all...

Re: SILENT HILL...

-Oracle- said:
Are you ever scared of whats round the corner on Resident Evil?

Usually a long, drawn-out and pointless video clip of a door opening.

I have to confess to not understanding much of the above :shock:

-----------
Anyway the film adaptation is in the works:

www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/

One of the writer's has a journal (oddly most of his site is password protected):

www.avary.com/rogeravary/journal/journal.php

Roger Avary also wrote Killing Zoe, Pulp Ficiton,True Romance, Reservoir Dogs, etc. and the upcoming Beowulf (hmmmmm sounds interetsing).

Christophe Gans? Undead demon type things?? Sean Bean??? All this needs is some kung fu, and an appearance by Lewis Collins as a military type blasting demons to kingdom come, and I'd have my perfect movie!

SILENT HILL TEASER!!!!!!!!!!

Found this teaser this morning for the Silent Hill movie adaptation. From what I understand this isn't the teaser trailer but was created specifically for the website.

click here

Silent Hill Film

I remember playing Silent Hill when I got my first PlayStation and now it seems the film is about to hit the big screen.

The trailer looks farily true to the game, so I hope its gonna be good.

Didn't see a topic for this and was somewhat surprised; although I haven't played the games I know they're popular and, well, Fortean. Saw the movie yesterday, after being thoroughly creeped out by the first hour or so (I'm going to sh*t my britches next time I hear an air raid siren) it sadly sort of degenerated into Hellraiser meets Samara from The Ring. And they didn't explain what that guy with the metal cone on his head was supposed to be (responsible for the post-film conversation "you really think it's possible to rip a person's skin off with a nipple twist?" "naw, just a patch would come off at a time.. unless you prepared something earlier with the skin off the bone.. har-har-har.")

Sharpe's American accent sucked, making my cherished hypothesis that all English actors could sound like they ate grits all their life at a pinch, invalid.

Back