• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Singing Bowl Therapy

razorblimp

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hiya. Not been here for a while, but I had an oddity happen recently that I thought I'd share.

I've had a couple of sessions with a friend with Tibetan Singing bowls to help with my meditation. The whole thing is a bizarre experience anyway, as some of the sounds made from the bowls make your head spin, it can feel almost psychedelic at times and along with an intense meditation, visions can occur. To refresh people's memories, I'm a witch with Buddhist motivations but try to use intuitive, rather than ritual, magick.

I occasionally get this feeling that someone else is looking through my eyes, which is disconcerting to say the least, but after the first session, it happened for the first time in ages. I grounded myself, and after talking through the experience with my friend, checked to make sure nothing sinister had happened. When I felt stable enough to stand and walk to the toilet (i was desparate for a wee, and it can really make your head spin), I went and did my business. As all civilised pepole should do, I went to wash my hands and glanced up at the mirror. Bearing in mind I'm still a little disoriented, I noticed that my eyes had changed from their usual green to a much darker brown, and the effect of someone else looking through my eyes was stronger than ever. Freaked, I left the toilet, did a banishing and talked it over about what it migght have been and how I could stop it happening again, until I felt like myself again.

The next session went as normal, except for some twitches which I didn't notice at the time and a vision, I felt great afterward. I'd done a banishing ritual earlier that day, just in case.

The third session was also odd. I lay down, closed my eyes and tried to go into a meditative state. I couldn't do it, the best I could get into was a trance state. I could hear the bowls as they went off in turn, but felt uneasy. I did the best I could, but it just wasn't happening. I was just about to stop the whole session, when I heard knocking around the house, a tapping on doors, starting from somewhere at the front of the house, upstairs I think. I almost expected a 'yoo-hoo, anyone home', but nothing of the kind. The last knock was on the therapy room door, a polite tap. My friend stopped the bowls immediately, started spraying what I think was sandalwood everywhere and shushed whatever it was at the door. I didn't open my eyes, suddenly feeling really relaxed. I wasn't freaked when the session finished suddenly, but my friend wouldn't tell me who knocked, except to say it wasn't a person; for some reason I didn't question it at the time, but now I keep finding myself scratching my head as I realise how peculiar the session was. All I was told was that it was because the postman had been, and when I questioned the fact that her postman must feel very comfortable coming into the house (which was locked BTW), I was told he hadn't. Sure enough, there was DHL note in the letterbox, the usual 'sorry we missed you'.

The last odd thing is that I keep catching the shadow of something at night, at an angle which I can only really describe as leaning toward the light, as opposed to away from it. There're a couple of other things that are happening, mostly synchronicities, but nothing really of note for you hardened forteans.

Good to see you again, razorblimp.

You seem to have a lot going on there. I'm not really sure what Tibetan Singing Bowls are so I'm off to do some googling.

There seems a hint of voodoo in all of this. I couldn't help but think of someone sitting in the dark trying to see through your eyes and manifest themselves in your home. Keep up the bannishings and throw in a few ward off spells for good measure. Keep safe.

Edit: Great God of google says:

According to Tibetan oral tradition, the existence of singing bowls dates back to the time of the historical Buddha Shakyamuni (560 - 480 B.C.). The tradition was brought from India to Tibet, along with the teachings of the Buddha, by the great tantric master Padmasambhava in the 8th century A.D.

Singing bowls produce sounds which invoke a deep state of relaxation which naturally assists one in entering into meditation, the ultimate goal being enlightenment. They are a quintessential aid to meditation, and can be found on private Buddhist altars, and in temples, monasteries and meditation halls throughout the world.

A metallurgical analysis, done by the British Museum in London, reveals that the instruments are made of a 12-metal alloy consisting of silver, nickel, copper, zinc, antimony, tin, lead, cobalt, bismuth, arsenic, cadmium and iron. Now a lost art, it appears that this quality of bell bowl cannot be reproduced today.

In addition to their traditional usage for meditation, Tibetan singing bowls are used for deep relaxation, stress reduction, holistic healing, Reiki, chakra balancing, and World music. Many people find that the rich blend of harmonic overtones which the bells produce have a direct affect upon their chakras.

Playing the bells usually causes an immediate centering effect. The tones set up a "frequency following response" that creates a balancing left/right brain synchronization. Meditating on the subtle sounds of the Tibetan singing bowl tunes one in to the universal sound within and without

more here: http://www.bodhisattva.com/about.htm

Thanks Ringo. As long as I do the banishings I should be okay, but everything seems to be normal at the moment. I knew something was going to happen beforehand due to my obsessive tarot card reading, so I was prepared for it. It's all happened when I've had a moment of clarity, and I get the feeling that there's someone who doesn't like it. If nothing else, it means I'm making some progress if I've gotten someones interest.

As for the Voodoo part, I hadn't thought of it being that exactly, but we did some dowsing to check to see what it was, and it appears there are two entities, one of which may be a negative thought-form trying to manifest, or possibly just someone checking up on me (maybe a bit of both). It always seems to happen when I'm doing something interesting. I started dabbling in the occult with little or no experience of banishings, so I was also wide open to attack, but now I'm always going to ensure I do one. I quite like the power of "FUCK OFF YOU BASTARDS" as a pre-banisher to clear the air, but always feel a bit mental shouting it.

The other one may be a spirit guide checking my progress, but as everything is so vague it's difficult to tell. The powers-that-be don't like to make things easy for us.

I think "FUCK OFF YOU BASTARDS" is quite aggressive and may antagonise the situation, why don't you use a polite "CAN I HAVE SOME PRIVACY PLEASE?". My 2 cents. 8)

This reminded me of something that happened about 15 years ago. I was eighteen, just out of high school, and my friends and I were all into Wicca. I had been going with this guy for a while, but had just broken it off with him, and he was not pleased. I knew he was harboring a bit of an obsession, and it was difficult because we had all the same friends, and I had to deal with his jealousy if I talked with other guys, plus he was constantly bothering me to take him back, etc.

Anyway, he started claiming to be delving into "dark magicks," but I didn't give him much credit--he was doing a lot of magic mushrooms at the time, and was generally a bit of a depressed, self-destructive mess, which was why I broke up with him in the first place.

One night as I was lying alone in my bed about to fall asleep, I had the disctinct feeling that someone else was in the room with me. On high alert, I sat up in the bed. Suddenly, it was as if something passed right through me--not just my body, but my very being. I felt like for a few seconds, I was someone else entirely, like my whole aura/energy/personality was altered. For a second, I was sure I had become someone else. It was weird, but it only lasted a few seconds.

The next night, hanging out with my friends, the ex was there. I told everyone about the wierd thing that had happened to me. Afterwards, I looked up and found the ex fixing me with a strange, startled expression, all the color drained from his face. I stared him down, and asked: "What did you do?"

His story was that he was alone in his room at night, smoking weed and thinking about me. He decided to put himself into a trance and try to astrally project into my room. He claims he found himself in my bedroom, saw me lying in the bed and went to me. He made a "grab" for my body, but instead, he only managed to pass through me before returning to his own dark room. He says that during those few seconds when his soul passed through my body, he felt sure that he had "possessed" me for a second.

I freaked out. Whether he was pulling my leg or not, I did not care for the idea. I felt very violated, and to this day I rarely fall asleep without imaging myself surrounded in bright, warm, white light (a simple protective spell.)

Bertie_Akbar said:
I think "FUCK OFF YOU BASTARDS" is quite aggressive and may antagonise the situation, why don't you use a polite "CAN I HAVE SOME PRIVACY PLEASE?". My 2 cents. 8)

And maybe we could have tea with them afterward. :D TBH, I believe that the initial pre-banishing is more to clear the air for myself rather than effectively quell a spirit. It's the protective circle or the banishing that's important, as that's where the ritual really begins, so the swearing is probably more to do with my own bravado.

Malfinka, I think your story is interesting. I'd love to be able to AP, but have never been able to do it, if it is at all possible.

Back