• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Sleep Strangeness

AM I MISSING SOMETHING????????

Hi guys n girls i hope u can help me.for the past 2 or 3 nights iv had dreams involving fire.... maybe this shud be in sleep strangness or something but who better to ask? :?:

its wierd cos these dreams r really lucid and i always have them just before im gong to wake, iv always been a believer in the meaning of dreams and that they r ther to tell u something (even if not in the literall sense) :!: especially ones that keep reccouring....

:oops: has not stopped me from double checking the hair straightners are off 10 times b4 i leave the house :oops:

seriously tho if anyone knows anything about dream meanings or can tell me why i keep dreaming about fire( idreamt my house caught fire as i watched it burn 3times in one dream!
last night i dreamt my old school was on fire and i was the only one left in the building!

wat does it all mean? :?

Hi, I was into dream interpritations a few years back. There are books, ect that will give you a meaning, ie: Spiders= seeing spiders in a dream symbolises bad luck. They also represent...But I prefer the literal interpretations. Like, your dream description said to me, 'going up in smoke.' I would ask aslo if you feel in control at the moment or anxious by someone you see as 'higher up' than you(Boss, partner ect.), or if you feel your position is threatened? As school, to me, would equal authority, and fire, hard to/out of/ control.
I don't know if this helps at all, or even makes much sence! I wouldn't worry too much about a real fire as dreams are supposed to be our subconcious way of dealing with emotions that are bothering us, or that we are trying to avoid. Just to be on the safe side and feel more secure remember to check your fire alarm battery.
I hope dreamtime gets better for you soon. :)

funny enuff oi spend half my life feeling like iv got no control..im a bit neurotic like that especially lately...

i do feel like an inferior in my current relationship maybe that has something to do with it?

Sadly i tend not to remember dreams,, but i do remember my last significant lucid dreams, it was October 1990, i dreamt my teeth fell out one by one 3 or 4 nights on the trot. I put it down to acclimatisation as I'd just arrived somewhere hot* ... Years later i read that the dream meant you were going to be staying somewhere a long time.. the hot place* was Saudi Arabia , and i was in the army, all in all i spent over 14 months in Saudi/Iraq/Kuwait. Make of that what you will ??

funny enuff i always thought that dreaming of loosing teeth means u will fall out with a friend.

maybe its just me :?:

Only you( or your subconcious mind) really know what the dream means. If you do think it could be warning you of danger from fire then possibly you should take that seriously. On the other hand perhaps it is just symbolic. What does fire mean to you? Try to make connections; to give an example, loosing your house in the dream could mean that you are worried about loosing your house financially.

spiritdoctor u jus hit the nial on the head someone else suggested this and i agreed i do have alot of worried financiallyu and keeping my flat is one of the main worries at the mo! spooky! thankyou x ;)
they say that once u have confronted and worked out the dream u stop having them...lets see

I had always thought (or been told) that losing your teeth means you are worried financially.

It could also mean that you are worried about losing your teeeth, I suppose!! ;)

I've been helpful? Surley there must be some mistake?

Hope everything goes well for you devil girl

I believe that losing teeth in a dream refers to some form of anxiety. Similar dreams involve moving in slow motion or not being able to 'hurt' someone when you hit them (basically you have not power). There are far too many dream books out there. Probably best to start with Freud (always good for a giggle) and ignore any authors with pseudo mystic names or women dressed as velvet clad witches harping on about crystals. Happy reading.

One of my hobbies to draw comics and as a result of my obsession I frequently dream in graphic novel format. I read the dream instead of taking part in it. Also dreams in which I am drawing are very pleasant as usually I am fantastic and everything goes right.

Back