• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Smurf Acid

mossy_sloth

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I remember hearing this story about six years ago from a few different people. Is it a UL? Has anyone else heard it?

ok, so...apparently there was a batch of acid going round that had smurfs printed on the tabs. Some guy took a load of it and then (perhaps influenced by the whole "smurf" idea) hallucinated that he was very very small.... They (who's they? I don't know...friends?) found him by the side of the road..with his forehead scraped off and blood everywhere...Apparently, he thought he was so small that he tried repeatedly to walk under the white road lines....

Sounds like a UL to me... comments?

The first bit is quit conceivable. Producers of LSD tabs don't tend to vigorously observe proprietorial copyright laws and i've seen several famous cutesy characters on my paper.

The latter part is extremely unlikely unless the subject was already suffering delusions. LSD doesn't tend to do that kind of thing to most people - neither do you see dragons or rainbows in thin air...

I expect the chap fell over a lot investigating the road closely and then either our storyteller or psychonaut embelished the white-line detail.

Well it makes a difference from the origianal UL of people throwing themselves off buildings to try and 'fly' whilst tripping.

Or similarly, trying to peel of their skin or throwing darts a their mate who is too high to notice.

light said:
Apparently, he thought he was so small that he tried repeatedly to walk under the white road lines....

Or could he have been trying to snort the white line up?
Sorry I'll get me coat :oops:

2-4-6-8 Motorway....

The Yithian said:
The latter part is extremely unlikely unless the subject was already suffering delusions. LSD doesn't tend to do that kind of thing to most people - neither do you see dragons or rainbows in thin air...

Thank god, I thought it was just me!

Most I ever get is seeing people´s "powers" (lightening round their hands when they move) and the inability to work a cd player.

Here in the U.S. about 15 years ago, a UL about acid tabs disguised as rub-on tattoos with Mickey Mouse and other characters went around the country. I remember taking home information sheets from school to give to my parents about this new menace.

It was all just a big scare though
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/bluestar.htm

last lot i tried had Mr Men on them ...you know i have really tried hard with my drugs, but i still haven't seen anything ..... not with alcohol, nor an over active and fortean immmersed imagination ... what does one have to do , to experience the unusual :roll:

being paranoid enough without the help of chemical substances I have never felt an inclination to take acid, but I am aware that hallucinations generally aren't of the dancing pink elephant type, which all the comments here seem to reaffirm.

However, in regards to the smurf acid, I was wondering if the hallucination described in this tale might not refer to more of a disturbance in spatial perception. This I am sure can be acheived by certain drugs (if not LSD, as I've said, I wouldn't know), and it definitely occurs with certain anxiety disorders (although probably not to the extent described in the UL). When I suffered with anxiety I would have all manner of visual disturbances, from people's faces seeming to be caricatures, to things seeming very very far off and small. It seems reasonable to assume that such a state might also be acheived by taking certain substances... Could this sort of thing not be the basis of this UL? (this is more what I had in mind when I posted the topic..I didn't really envision some poor guy seeing himself as a smurf).

This thread reminds me of a personal experiance, that fits in with the smurf/acid theme;

It was about 20 years ago, in those days i did some stupid things and heres one of them.

A friend had bought some molds to make 12 inch tall garden gnomes from a plaster/cement type stuff he had also bought, we spent the morning making a load of them, to sell on the local market.

At that time in my life I "flirted" with various pharmaceuticals, we ended a drunken evening by dropping acid.

Stood along one wall of the living room where the garden gnomes we had cast earlier. After a while the gnomes came to life and walked towards me, each time I shouted "boo" they ran away and hid, then started walking towards me again (not in a menacing way, more of a cartoon type thing), this went on for a while, then I became one with the wallpaper which was a kind of psychadelic/paisley pattern (popular style in the 1970s). I could move all over the room in the wallpaper and could watch myself and friend being approached by the gnomes and shouting "boo" at them, which was a very detached feeling and totally bizarre.

Of course when we discussed it all later my friend hadnt had gnomes in his trip, so what I saw was all in my head.

Although it was quite entertaining and not at all frightning, I decided after that day I didnt realy like psychadelics and never touched acid again. I still smile when I remember it all.

In the morning we found a couple of gnomes had sort of melted, the mix wasnt correct or something.

No lectures about the dangers of drugs please, im a big boy and not interesed. I dont take anything thats not perscribed now (apart from the odd smoke) and havent for about a decade. :)

Disclamer: Be warned, acid trips are not always so amusing, some can be very nasty or even deadly. I would also like to stress that you dont take any drugs that arent prescribed by a doctor for you. Basically you know what im saying, dont risk death, brain damage or addiction - or be stupid!
(i felt i should put this paragraph as I dont want to be accused of making drugs sound "glamourous", as their not).

Back