• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Spiderman or Minority Report?

Which film should I see?

• Spiderman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minority Report

• Neither

• Total voters

Justin_Anstey

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Hi gang!

I've got the next week off work and I only plan to go into town on just one day.

Now, I would like to visit the cinema but I'm not sure which film to see: Spiderman or Minority Report.

Which one is best?

Thanks.

Spiderman is fantastic go and see it!! im not a comic book fan nor will i ever be, but as far as cool films go, this is one of the best!!

as for minority report it looks good, but i havent seen it yet. the DVD is released in the pirate world next week and i might just get that, as im not to fussed about seeing it.

( and resident evil is shit! )

Even beyond it's state of the art effects, Minority Report has extremely solid writing. I mean Double Indemnity alamgamated with Blade Runner style writing. It's not only a great mystery, but one in which you actually care about the characters, which is saying something. Not only will Minority Report go down as one of the greatest sci-fi flicks of all time, it is one of Spielberg's most visually appealing and innovative films, up there with Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan. I think Cruise was great (although I typically don't like him), Max von Sydow was brilliant as ever, but Colin Farrell was by far the most intriguing character, by far.

Sooner or later, you'll have to see it. It's one of those films.

Spider man was great... but a bit too predictable. Overall a fun film. Minorty report is very different. An absoloutly brilliant film, lots of edge of seat twists in the story line. It depends what mood your in.

`Spiderman.' I went with my bro.' We were both impressed with how well they'd managed to preserve the feel and spirit of the original comics.

Haven't seen `Minority Report,' so I can't comment, I'm afraid.

I've only seen Spider-man, but I liked it. It was no Superman, but I don't think any comic book hero movie ever will be... And this, coming from a woman. :)

Torgos, you have me totally psyched to see Minority Report. I'm a Tom Cruise fan, but I haven't liked or seen all of his movies, but I was really intrigued by the previews for this one.

My advice is to see Spider-man... simply because of the two it's the one I'd want to make sure I saw on the big screen as opposed to renting the video or DVD.

Go See Minority Report!!!

Minority report is also one for the big screen me thinks.
There is much action scenes involving futuristic automobiles, flying pirhana type aircraft and personal flying equipment (strap on booster packs and such). The scenes in the pre-cog unit also look excellent...many details to take in and nothing beats the big screen for detail anyways. In my opinion it is The Matrix meets James Bond (Uh huh...Tom Cruise is the perfect man for the job!!!). I love the future prison system they have...I hate the shopping malls...they would drive ya nuts. I got so into the 'big brother' feel of this movie it makes me want to run to the hills and become a cave-dweller. LoL, nah, not really. As they say "Resistance is futile".
Now...for my review on Spiderman...sorry, haven't seen it yet, but this will most probably be the next one I see.

Anyone heard if Signs is gonna be any good?

[edit]
When I first saw Minority Report advertised I didn't think it was gonna be any good...crappy name, weird plot, but it is not what I expected at all. A nice surprise.
[/edit]

I thought Spiderman was pants. it was WAY too long, He looked like a red & Blue morph swinging around, and the bad guy was a joke. Very Disappointing. And Boring

Haven't seen Minority report yet. hope to see it tonight

Hmm...man in red and blue body stocking, or a Fahrenheit 450/ 1984 type affair. Depends what kind of mood you're in, really.

Minority report looks interesting but I wonder why it is he couldn't see that he was going to kill someone?
It's just another case of the boss knowing less about his job than those under him.

River_Styx
Minority report looks interesting but I wonder why it is he couldn't see that he was going to kill someone?

Go see the movie, all will be revealed.
:)

Originally posted by FiKTiSHuS
Go see the movie, all will be revealed.

Exactly. It has more twists than Chubby Checker. The five minutes before he shoots the guy will have you going from one extreme to the other on how he should approach the situation, like slamming on your brakes while barrelling down the road full-speed. You never even see the turn the plot takes until you're already on top of it.

Spiderman is a very good superhero film. Minority Report is an excellent film, full stop. One of the best sci-fi films since the Matrix.
Of course what you should do is get the early showing of MR, the hide in the toilets for a bit, and sneak into the second showing of Spiderman.

I finally got to see Minority Report and what can i say other than i agree with Chatsubo its the best scifi flick since the matrix. spiderman is pants compared to this, and tom cruise an actor i dont really rate, was great too. fantastic story and the best Special effex ive seen in a long time.

Both good films although I prefered M.R.
can't wait for powerpuff girls to come out in UK though if it's anything like the normal cartoon I'll be laughing all the way home.
:D

Its the little touches that make MR so great. For example, he's escaping through a shopping centre, and each ad scans his retina, and then using that information, creates a personalised ad.
And I thought spam was bad.
The film restored my faith in the power of cinema after the seven car car crash that was Attack of the Clones.
Looking forward to Indiana Jones 4.

chatsubo said:
The film restored my faith in the power of cinema after the seven car car crash that was Attack of the Clones.
Looking forward to Indiana Jones 4.

:( was I alone in enjoying SW E2? sure it wasn't the most envoling of plots and felt quite eposodic but it entertained me all the way though and I didn't have to think much, on some days that's all I want from a film. Oh and it gave me a more legitimate reson for disliking JarJar.

Do you know if anywork has started on indy4 yet, it seams to be on of those projects that makes the rumours section of the movie mags every other month, hope both dr jones will be in it, the last crucade was near perfect:D

Indy 4

The current rumor is that there are location scouts in the American Southwest looking at towns that have a
vintage 1950's look to them. They DO have Frank Darabont (he wrote some of the better episodes of "Young Indy") writing the script based on a story from George Lucas.

The only uproar is that EVERYONE (Steven, Harrison, Kate) has told the press that Kate Capshaw WILL be in the movie.

Check out http://www.indyfan.com for fairly accurate details.

TVgeek

As this seem the closest thing to a Minority Report thread and its work is done I'm gonna hijack it.

Anyway I seem to have Tom Cruise-ophobia and steer clear of things he does but when hes in a good film (or one I'm interested in anyway ;) ) he always does well (I hear he's an awfully nice guy too but Top Gun has left its scars) so I didn't see this at the pictures and only caught it during its Xmas showing a few days ago but I was suitably impressed: Good story well told and not afraid to get a litle nasty or weird (his eyes in a bag!!). And Max von Sydow!! Superb. It was really annoying me where I knew the blonde guy from* - Boomtown!! CGI was excellent and one of the things that jumps out at you is the excellent use of light so top marks to the cinematographer and special effects chappies.

Oddly though none of the actual resolution of the story lines involved a minority report (actually now I think about it that gets a tad muddled as the echoes are treated differently to the minority reports which are one psychic seeing an alternate future).

* Odd details in his IMDB bio:

McDonough has been a 'Star Trek' fan since he was a kid. Playing Lieutenant Hawk in 'Star Trek First Contact' was a life-long dream. McDonough has three pictures on his bedroom wall. One is a picture of his mom, the other is the Holy Virgin Mary, and the third is William Shatner as Captain Kirk.

www.imdb.com/name/nm0568180/bio

The only thing that disappointed me about Minority Report was the precogs. In the original short story, they're gibbering, drooling, misshapen retards, who add a real touch of horror to the proceedings. But in the film, they're good-looking Californians with slightly weird eyes.

Anyway I seem to have Tom Cruise-ophobia and steer clear of things he does

Funny you should say that...

Cruise 'irritates most' say fans

Tom Cruise has been named the biggest movie star of all time, but also the most irritating, by film fans.
An Empire magazine poll of 10,000 movie fans named Cruise the biggest star, beating Robert De Niro and Marilyn Monroe among others.

Full story;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4564944.stm

Rubyait said:
Anyway I seem to have Tom Cruise-ophobia and steer clear of things he does

Funny you should say that...

Cruise 'irritates most' say fans

Tom Cruise has been named the biggest movie star of all time, but also the most irritating, by film fans.
An Empire magazine poll of 10,000 movie fans named Cruise the biggest star, beating Robert De Niro and Marilyn Monroe among others.

Full story;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4564944.stm

Phew - so its not just me. Now about my Tom Hanks-ophobia.......

graylien said:
The only thing that disappointed me about Minority Report was the precogs. In the original short story, they're gibbering, drooling, misshapen retards, who add a real touch of horror to the proceedings. But in the film, they're good-looking Californians with slightly weird eyes.

Surely that's different enough for the target audience? MR -the film was ok, as I am neither Cruisophile nor Cruiseophilic...

The short stor , of Minority Report was one of Mr Dick's finest!

I was rather surprised to find(and I'm sure this is blasphemy) that the story of Minority Report was actually better in the movie than in the short story. I felt the movie plot had more complexity.

Blimey, just checked the poll again and the amount of votes has over doubled!

VOTE RESULTS
Do you find actor Tom Cruise...
Inspiring?
15.36%
Irritating?
84.64%
16460 Votes Cast
Results are indicative and may not reflect public opinion

:lol:

Rubyait said:

His antics on the Oprah show may have something to do with it. :cross eye

svart said:
Rubyait said:

His antics on the Oprah show may have something to do with it. :cross eye

Yeah you can't kill Oprah and think you can get away with it.

Back