• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Spirit breath (no not ghosts)

A

Anonymous

i read in a book (full name not remebered but the one Ft recomends..Newman and pile?...Medical curiosities) that some women have a change in breath odor when exited. Thier breath goes almost like a strong Spirit. Anyone noticed this... i did a few months ago with the wife...

I've heard of people's breath and pee smelling like pear drops or acitone (like in nail varnish remover) when they are suffering from diabetes. Maybe this is a similar thing ?

hum yes ive heard of that too... i sopose a huge rush of sugar to blood may have something to do with it..tho the book specificly mentioned women....

I've also been reading Gould and Pyle, and it says some of us menstruate through our eyelids. Yeah sure we do....

beakboo said:
I've also been reading Gould and Pyle, and it says some of us menstruate through our eyelids. Yeah sure we do....

Well statues of the B.V.M seem to do it quite alot beak. :eek:

beakboo said:

yeech!... oh well that double the cost each month ah!

sidecar_jon said:
...some women have a change in breath odor when exited. Thier breath goes almost like a strong Spirit. Anyone noticed this... i did a few months ago with the wife...

When you say 'excited' I take it you mean *Sexually* excited?

So women who are sexually excited smell of spirits....this couldn't be a 'chicken-and-egg" situation could it?? :p

That said, I think those guys were right.

beakboo said:

Is this satire, or did they actually say that? If they did they're probably not very good scientists.

AndyX said:
Is this satire, or did they actually say that? If they did they're probably not very good scientists.

yes they did but then its not exactly right up to date.. tho often things they didnt understand were described in terms they did.. its not unknown for people to bleed from the eyes, maybe they just tooka wrong turn there.... worth looking at tho that book if only to say Thank god i havent got that! likehuge blackheads or growths or tongues or a horrible lot of things realy...

Re: Re: Spirit breath (no not ghosts)

AndyX said:
When you say 'excited' I take it you mean *Sexually* excited?

So women who are sexually excited smell of spirits....this couldn't be a 'chicken-and-egg" situation could it?? :p

That said, I think those guys were right.

lol no the wife dont have to be drunk to to exited... but i have noticed an odd spirty odor with isnt unpleasant at all... for years i took it she had been on the garlic at dinner time but on questioning that dont seem to be the case... i just wondered if anyone else had noticed it..

This is going to be a marvellous excuse when I've been drinking. I can just tell him I'm excited by his manly presence. :p

The empty wine bottles may be a bit of a giveaway Beak.

could be a real phenomena. In diabetes the smell of acetone comes from improperly broken down sugars in the bloodstream. During excitement one of the effects of adrenalin (epinephrine) is to release a rush of sugar from the body's store. Could be related to this or some other equally plausible hormonal mechanism.

Sounds more attractive than ketosis anyway, which you get with the low carb diet. That's nasty for everyone. :(

Back