• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

spirit manifestation (bodyheat aura)

DanielShekinah

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
In 1982 I was fourteen years old and at school in Northamptonshire, England. A group of us had taken to playing with a ouija board – and it was all fairly harmless, to begin with. However, things took a more interesting turn as we began to dispense with the board and asked the spirits to show themselves directly, with physical manifestations that proved their existence.

One day my sister came home from school and summoned me into a room away from our parents. She looked quite anxious. 'Feel the air around my hand,' she said.

Without further prompting, I reached out, and it felt as if my hand had entered a peculiar field of energy. The space around her arm felt ‘alive’. It was a bit like static electricity; it had that prickling sensation, the same as you might feel radiating from the surface of a television screen, or from the surface of a rubber balloon after you’ve rubbed it against your clothes. The difference was – it felt hot. The sweat glands on the back of my hand prickled in response. But at the same time, it felt weirdly ‘fake’, as if it wasn’t really hot at all, but merely simulating an impression of heat.

'Hot, isn't it?' my sister said.

I nodded, but even as she spoke the sensation had gone. It disappeared abruptly, as if there had been a membrane in the air which my hand had punctured. I groped in the air around her arm but couldn’t find it again.

'It's granddad,' my sister explained.

During lunch break at school, she and a group of girlfriends had each summoned a dead relative. Each girl's dear-departed had manifested as a thermal bangle, which had lasted – on and off – for the remainder of the day.

Despite further experiments, I never witnessed an instance of this phenomenon again. I’ve never felt anything like it since. I should stress that I definitely felt the heat in the air before my sister prompted me with her comment. I can’t say that I straightforwardly believe that the patch of hot air was a ‘spirit’. Maybe the source of the heat was my sister’s body, which was responding unconsciously to her own belief in spirits.

I wondered if anyone has had similar experiences of localised patches of extreme temperature, seemingly emanating from the body or from ‘spirits’.

Duncan.

I've heard of ghostly cold patches in rooms that are supposedly haunted, but not hot patches and never a hot patch around someone's hand.

I know of this and have heard similar things to the posters story, but I always thought of that warmth to be heat via perspiration.

Healers often produce a lot of heat - I've experiened that myself - much to my suprise :?

Not from spirits but inexplicable all the same and could be related somehow.

If the body really can do this, you'd have thought that doctors and medics would come across this sometimes... ???

Duncan.

Probably, but the scientific part of them would take over and by the time the machine that goes 'bing' has been requisitioned from pediatrics the phenomena has disappeared forever.

How could disembodied spirits leave body heat? :?

Interesting post Duncan.

Most people believe the mind is the product of the brain or is the brain itself...to say the mind can act on the brain (thus acting on the body) carries some fascinating implications.

The weird thing was how something told me this was 'fake' heat; it didn't feel normal, is all I can say. So maybe mind wasn't affecting body, but mind was affecting another mind directly.

I've read (in FT, the 'mind control' issue, I think) that it's possible to beam microwave transmissions at the auditory centre of a person's brain, which will cause that person to 'hear' what's being transmitted (music, voice, whatever...) bypassing the usual sensory route of the ear.

I've never experienced this (to my knowledge :? ), but I wonder if the 'sound' that's 'heard' is like the 'heat' that I 'felt'? I'd bet it might feel 'fake' in a similar way.

But it's all supposition, isn't it? If only I could've whisked my sister off to a laboratory at that moment!

Duncan.

Back