• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Spooky

robert69

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Anyone got any cool ghost/poltergeist stories? Leave them down below. Lets get discussing!!

Anyone got any cool ghost/poltergeist stories? Leave them down below. Lets get discussing!!

I've lived in Plymouth's ancient New St for 14 years, and at the last count there were at least 6 ghosts/poltergeists in action up and down the street but sadly I haven't seen or heard a sausage but I live in hope..:)

Below- a council-run "Ghost Walk Tour" of haunted hotspots in New St-

ghostnewst.jpg~original

EDIT- However it might be worth mentioning that I was once trying out my new camera's autofocus in my living room and the crosshairs seemed to lock onto something invisible and tracked it from left to right across the viewscreen as it moved across the room, but like an idiot I forgot to press the shutter button or it might have been captured on film..grrrr.

Last edited:
"was once trying out my new camera's autofocus in my living room and the crosshairs seemed to lock onto something invisible "

I have a Bosch motion-sensitive camera currently in our conservatory. It will detect for example the cat coming in from her prowls through the catflap in the early hours and go into night video mode. Sometimes though it seems to switch on for no reason and I find myself reviewing the video to see if anything moves.
A bit like making your own version of Paranormal Activity.

..I have a Bosch motion-sensitive camera currently in our conservatory. It will detect for example the cat coming in from her prowls through the catflap in the early hours and go into night video mode. Sometimes though it seems to switch on for no reason and I find myself reviewing the video to see if anything moves.
A bit like making your own version of Paranormal Activity.

Yes there are all sorts of light waves out there that are beyond the frequency of human vision, but can be sensed by camera optics.
For example press your TV remote buttons and you'll see that the light on the end appears black as if it's off, but if we look at it through our camera viewfinder we'll see it's flickering merrily away..:)
WAIT! I feel some scripture coming on!

"Men cannot see the bright light in the clouds" (Bible:Job 37:21)
"..praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above" (Psalm 68:33-34)
"God goes by me but I see him not" (Job 9:10)
"God created the visible and invisible" (Col 1:16)
"The Lord dwells in the unapproachable light which men can't see" (1 Tim 6:15)

Last edited:
Back