• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Starting A Brand New World Order

any self respecting fascist dictatorship needs an anarchist terrorist snapping at its heels... I humbly submt myself for that role... I'll get my V for Vendetta costume out

8¬)

At the age of 6 all children would go to milatary school. THey would learn the ancient art of monkey boxing, eat the same soil they sleep and live on and be constantly shocked with cattle prods. They could not leave school until they were 2nd belt in origami. THey would then be equipped with weapons of a sharp nature, stuffed into modified space shuttles and blasted off into space to fight off the invading reptillian aliens. The ones that survive spend the rest of their pitiful lives carving out a giant sculpture of ME!!!!

Sorry, got a bit carried away. I think the main problem with society today is that our children are a lot weaker than the last generation. Most of them are not physically punished and spend their whole lives watching TV. Sad. I spent most of my childhood running up moutains with my rifle and tent, and staying up there for several days, surviving by eating the animals I killed. The scouts weren't a patch on it. Anyway, the other problem is drugs. What I would do is, as mentioned somewhere else, get the drugs at the docks, replace them with cyanide tablets and sell them on. I would only replace 3/4 of them, leaving druggies with a hard descision. Do I die just for a fix or change my ways and live?

I would be a sad ruler.

I like your attitudes on both sides and feel too that kids aren't as physical as before I do tend to get my but in gear though but feel that I could do more. strange childhood though did you grow up in the gaza strip like my dad or something.

drugs would't be needed if the people weren't so depressed mabye.

Nope, I grew up on the side of Machen mountain (in Wales).
Brilliant stereotypical mountain, I would take my tent and my gun up and stay up there for days. It gave me a taste for squirrel and pheasant, though...

The husband watched "The Experiment" on BBC 2 this week, and the conclusion was: Anarchism leads to fascism. Apparently if no one's in charge, it makes people nervous and one of them will rear up and take command in the most ruthless way they can. Of course this programme proved no such thing, but an interesting conclusion none the less IMO.

tsk tsk

I dunno. I go away for one week and everyone gets delusions of granduer :D

Once my plans for world domination I will bar anyone who desires political power from attaining it. I will also enact RAW's "HEAD Revolution". Of course I'll do all of this through my puppets :)

Niles "One Billion Dollars" Calder

Oh, this is rich.

Folks with NO obvious clue on how to mange people plotting to manage people.

I look upon the draconian methodology that is invoked over and over here, and I wonder...

The mantra: Get rid of the repressive social regime and erect MY repressive social regime!

Force the stupid people into doing what I think is righteous!

Gee, sounds familiar. Like, our current governments, hmmm?

The War on Drugs. Do they go after the Big Fish? Nope, easier to seize property and rights away the poorer population. Movie and music stars, politicians, aristocratic rich folks, they go to rehab when they get busted. Make commercials. Do talk shows. The regular Joe, he goes to jail. The victims in the War on Drugs is not the drug manufacturers, but the general population. During the Bush Sr administration, the War on Drugs led to the creation of the Conspiracy Felony Charge.

What's that, you ignorantly ask?

It means if ANYONE merely states you are doing something illegal, or planning to do something illegal, the Feds can bust you for it, even if there is NO EVIDENCE of a wrongdoing (and it is such an umbrella it can be used for ANY illegal activity, not just drugs).

Simply put...it makes HEARSAY admissible in court as evidence.

Another note of interest. Do you know who the three top contributors are to the Partnership for a Drug-Free America are?

Phillip Morris, Anheiser-Busch, and DOW. That's right. Cigarettes, Alcohol, and Pills believe that drugs are evil, and should be eradicated. All but THEIRS.

So, we want to stop making all non-essential goods, huh?

Well, toss out the computer, and kiss all of us goodbye, because this message board, and the server it uses are not essential.

Of course, we must also figure out what is and isn't essential now, hmmm?

Who decides this? Oh, that's right. The fascist dictator. Of course, since YOU, Mister Imperial Right, are here, that must make this essential, so I guess we can keep the computers, because you cannot advocate what you yourself are not actually practicing. Or are you a do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do hypocritical tyrant?

I just find it interesting that this thread exists at ALL, and that the people are pushing for basically a line of government which resembles the Middle-East. We ALL can see what a paradise that place is, under that kind of governing. Good thing you folks are here to show how much better your fundamental depotism will be than theirs.

Face it, folks, you want to increase prosperity and make things better, you need to untie the hands of people, and let them do what they want. Less laws, not more. Not stricter. Laws are supposed to protect the individual from predatation of others, not themselves.

Why make heroin or any drug illegal? If Joe Shmoe wants to die of an overdose, who are we to stop him? Let him. It's called natural selection, folks. Bottom of the food chain. Let the weaker genes weed themselves out! (Cheaper that way too. Don't have to pay for jail or rehab. There's your funding for the space program!)

Laws that are being developed today are written to have citizens be victims. It's not their fault, not their responsibility...it's the guy they sue! His fault. Can't be yours. How could you possibly know that when you order a cup of coffee from a drive-thru, and place the cup in your lap, instead of the cup holder that was designed for that purpose, and try to open it, that the coffee that spills out MAY ACTUALLY BE HOT? Not YOUR fault for doing a stupid thing and getting burnt! It's the restuerants, for not putting a WARNING LABEL on the cup!!! Of course, most people would complain if the coffee wasn't hot, either!

I say, let's stop playing the game. We outnumber the elite 19 to 1.

If we just stop playing THEIR game, we can make our OWN game.

Of course, as long as we insist on being well trained warmongering monkeys, the elite 5% will remain in control, as we remaining 95% fight each other for mere crumbs, for their entertainment.

Don't "Question Authority". Assume it's mantle. Become Authority.

Posted by Frost:
Oh, this is rich...
You made some fair points in your post, particularly on the difficulty of defining non-essential goods. As for PCs and this board not being necessary, I would argue that free and open personal communication is essential and that the internet facilitates this very well and has opened new avenues for individuals, although so far this is mainly confined to the developed world.

I don’t think that people are stupid and I don’t believe in forcing people to do what I want, either politically or in my personal life. I do think that people are capable of making decisions for themselves and that they should be given equality of opportunity regardless of age, gender, social background, nationality or physical impairment (so far as that impairment restricts them).

I’m a democrat and no friend or supporter of Middle Eastern governments. Any regime that denies basic rights and freedoms to it’s people is morally and logically indefensible.

I think that the only responses to drugs, particularly hard drugs, are:
1) Illegalisation. Nothing so harmful to people, families, communities and the economy can be allowed in a civilised society.
2) Rehabilitation of drug users. If some one uses drugs we have to find out why they do and then help them to stop.
I don’t believe in the Social Darwinist approach. People are not animals and if we stand by and do nothing while leaving them to die like animals then that diminishes us as individuals and as a society.

I’m deeply critical of those who misuse the right to sue; it’s greedy, it’s unethical, it adds unnecessarily to the workload of the courts and it can reduce peoples’ respect for the law. I think I made this point on another thread somewhere on this board.

As for becoming authority, I have a broad suspicion of those who want to attain power over others.

You make two other points; the ‘need to untie the hands of people,’ and ‘let's stop playing the game. We outnumber the elite 19 to 1.’ Before I reply to those points, would you be willing to expand on them? I can follow your argument in equating greater freedom with fewer laws, but what are those laws? And how do you define the elite?

Wow, such a quick and insight response...I'd thought I'd have to wait days...LOL

Drug Illegality:

Fact: The same percentage of the population is using heroin now as was before it was declared illegal.

Making it illegal changed nothing but the fact that the people using it now must go into the more dangerous criminal underground to get supplied, and that the supplies are more likely to be of various degrees of purity, hence leading to a more likely accidental overdose. Here, you have the crime's "victim" being jailed. This would normally be someone who would not be associating with a criminal element except that they have no choice.

Now, you want to regulate drugs, or even give similar restrictions as one gets for alcohol or tobacco, I'm right with you. I also agree that finding the root source of the need for the drug is also important. One cannot rehabilitate without understanding the CAUSE for the abuse. The point is, however, that making abusers criminal doesn't solve the problem. It only makes the USA have more non-violent citizens incarcerated than any other nation.

And to be blunt? Humans are animals. Honest. Once we can accept that we are actually a part of the ecosystem, that the ecosystem is an everchanging and dynamic force, perhaps then we can stop trying to regulate it (artificially preserving a status quo) and war against it (stripping all resources or eradicating a percieved threat).

Don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating heroin. Personally, I find them to be the most pathetic of abusers. I do not advocate cocaine, or meth, or anything else. I just don't want the drug cartels and the shadow elements making the cash behind our backs. Let them do it in the open, where we can SEE it, and study it, and solve it. Don't push it into the darkness where you can't fight it!

As far as the free trade of info: with the draconian policies spewed by some folks here, free and open communication is NOT on the agenda, for then they would be overthrown. That arguement was for their benefit, to make them see that they were violators of their own cause! We agree on this...

The Court System: Suing has become an art form, and many play it like the lottery, hoping for a big payoff. We agree on this, most definitely.

My comment on becoming authority is meant purely for inspiring folks to become a participant of their government, instead of an observer. One can make change only from participating.

I feel the laws that protect freedoms, not restrict them, should remain. A law that tells you what you can't do is wrong. A law that tells you what you can't do to another without consent is ok. Suicide is againt the law here in the states. Talk about a stupid waste of legislation! What's the punishment for it? Do they bury you in handcuffs? Sodomy is illegal in many places... But if it is consentual, then what is the crime? Mandatory insurance. Why? If I chose to take a chance, then it is my responsibilty to pay for damages, if and when the time comes. It should not be mandatory! All this does is make sure that insurance companies get a guaranteed income!

The Elite: The top 5%, who ironically control 83% of resources (read: wealth).

beakboo said:
The husband watched "The Experiment" on BBC 2 this week, and the conclusion was: Anarchism leads to fascism. Apparently if no one's in charge, it makes people nervous and one of them will rear up and take command in the most ruthless way they can. Of course this programme proved no such thing, but an interesting conclusion none the less IMO.

be interesting to see 'the experiment' conducted with both masculine and feminine aspects represented. True that the programme suggested that a power vacuum in a wholey (sp?) male environment led to the development of a fascist perspective from those involved. But the real world is not just made up of masculinity. Just a thought!

Oh might and wise Frost of Vermont, how would you suggest we make the world a better place?

Niles ":rolleyes:" Calder

While Niles, the old fashoin way, of course. Inspirationally, one person at a time.

The secret is teaching them to do the same for another as you have done for them.

In business terms?

Samaritan Social Franchising.

The Karma is great.

So is the sleep at night.

beakboo said:
The problem with saying this or that about anarchism is that it never has a chance to prove itself, before fascists or Stalinists come in and kill everyone.
The anarchists collectives in Spain in the 1930's were doing well, and providing some of the most spirted resistance to Franco, until Stalin's NKVD killed or arrested everyone. Ditto the early Soviet councils in Petrograd, until Trotsky done for them as well.
And please remember that anarchism doens't mean withour order or laws, but it realises that society makes laws and order, not government.

I forgot to include my catchy slogan for the New World Order - 'Only when the last lawyer has been hung with the entrails of the last estate agent, will our revolution be complete'

I like your style Chatsubo!

If I was going to rule the world I'd keep petty criminals out of prisons, make them do really nasty and dirty jobs. As I see it prison isn't a deterrent, they just come out knowing more about how to commit crime than when they went in. Anyone that preys on the vulnerable will never see the light of day. Lock 'em up and throw away the key. I think prisons are soft. No television. Give them books to read, not for entertainment but for education. Make criminals have to confront their victims and explain why they did what they did. Hit people where it hurts most - in their wallet. If they steal/con/damage property make them replace it.

Pour money into education and the health service. Make it compulsory for children to be taught about sex, relationships and what it's like to be a parent. Children are the key to our future, make them feel like valued members of society. Encourage self-esteem, appreciation of the world around them and the ablity to think for themselves.

Make frowning illegal, make being sarcastic compulsory amongst teens, leave all arms manufacturers on the moon, make a monkey president.

hmm...

Frost said:
While Niles, the old fashoin way, of course. Inspirationally, one person at a time.

The secret is teaching them to do the same for another as you have done for them.

In business terms?

Samaritan Social Franchising.

Please explain.

Niles "A person who hides behind words hides from his own intellect" Calder

I thought the old fashioned way involved sharp sticks?
When I rule the world, we will have another series of Big Brother, but they will have a limited supply of food and none shall be allowed out. Oh, the hilarity!

According to legend they did that in Glamis... seems to be a recurring theme in scottish legendary infact.. :D

As to anyone actually being able to start up a NWO, I think I'm with Pournelle....

8¬)

Ok, Niles, let's look at it in this manner.

Did Jesus personally convert the entire Roman Empire?

Nope, he individually taught 12 guys, and only a few of them got it well enough to teach their own listeners.

Thus, in less than 1000 years, one lone man's philosophy had conquered most of the known world at the time.

Change can occur, it merely requires one to DUPLICATE their efforts. By making the duplication of efforts part of the efforts themselves, it becomes a self perpetuating mechanism.

Thus, as all good teachers aspire, my goal is to reach a student, and to influence them into a more...social means of behavior, and to have them do the same to another.

Expotential growth.

1 (me)

2 (me and pupil)

4 (me and new pupil, pupil and their pupil)

8 (and so on...)

16 (and so on...)

32... (and so on.....)

Now, what is it I teach?

Awareness.

What kind of awareness?

Media manipulation. (Ads that attach a FEELING to a product that doesn't have anything to do with them. I just recieved a piece of mail that claims "Tomorrow's roof today!" Of course, the reality of this, is that the roof in question is NOT from the future, but actually manufactured today, using today's technology!)

Carrying a loaded .357 through the "bad" parts of NYC makes me feel more secure than feminine napkins or underarm deoderant.

New: something never seen before, first attempt.
Improved: Old idea done better, subsequent attempt.
New and Improved: Paradox that makes the mind explode.

Granola bars that claim to be "Substantial Goodness!" Hey, I have a bright idea, how about we leave the substantial goodness to God? If these are substantial goodness, where are the substantial evilness granola bars? Sell me those!

This just covers the advertising aspect of media manipulation. Should I go on to "spin control"? Infotainment?

I teach Information. Seeking out of knowledge beyond the 30 second blarb on the TV, or one-column comments in the newspapers...

"No child left behind" is the "Education President" catchphrase. The state of Vermont not only provided the Best Teacher for "W"s little medal, but statewide ranks one of the best overall.

The new testing system endorsed by the "Education President" will cut off federal funding to schools that do not pass the test.

The new program insists that only groups of students a certain size will count, that groups smaller than this will be deemed inadequete to provide the picture Bush wants. Thus, these schools, with their small populations, will be classified as failing the test.

30% of Vermont schools, ranked the best in the country, will fail the new criteria, due to population size. They will literally pass the test with flying colors, but will not pass because they are not large enough to fit the model...thus, 1/3rd of Vermont students will recieve no federal funds.

So much for NO child left behind...

Pointing out History.

Reagan and Bush ARMED the Warlords of Afghanistan within days of the Russians marching in. CIA operatives trained them how to use the Stinger missiles we sent to them. This is a matter of PUBLIC RECORD.

Then the President claims to want to follow this back to it's source, and stop these terrorists. He need not look far. Daddy Bush, former head spook of the CIA, CREATED bin Laden. Just like Noriega. Situations in Central America.

Could 9-11 been avoided?

Damn straight. When the Russians pulled out of there all those years ago, leaving a devastated place, we could have helped them to rebuild. But, nope, nothing. Not even a thank you for kicking the Russian's asses for us. We just ignored the pleas for help, and let the Warlords we armed to the teeth duke it out.

Coincidence that Columbia wants to take a harder stance on their "rebels" at this particular moment? Not for me. I read the report on the MASSIVE oil reserve sitting untapped under the indigenous population. The War on Drugs have been spraying their crops, not the Cocaine Cartel crops. FOOD crops. Why? To starve them away from the land, so they can get it cheap, and set up operations. If Columbia can't do it on it's own...mark my words. We will send troops to "help". As either part of the War on Terrorism, or the War on Drugs...

To Frost:

Okay so you're talking about Memetic Engineering. Crafting a decent self-perpetuating meme and unleashing it upon the world, is something I'm more than familiar with.

I've always found the problem is crafting one that can survive all the other meme's long enough to to spread and become a fully fledged memetic virus (like christianity). Most memes have an internal logic which does not stand up to examination under another memetic system. In short unless your meme supports, or is supported by, the existing memes to which it exposed it will fail to propagate sufficently to be effective.

This is by the by of course since my orginal question was not which method you would use, but what message. In short, what would you teach to make the world a better place?

Niles "Rogue Meme Testbed" Calder

Re: To Frost:

Niles Calder said:
Okay so you're talking about Memetic Engineering. Crafting a decent self-perpetuating meme and unleashing it upon the world, is something I'm more than familiar with.

I've always found the problem is crafting one that can survive all the other meme's long enough to to spread and become a fully fledged memetic virus (like christianity). Most memes have an internal logic which does not stand up to examination under another memetic system. In short unless your meme supports, or is supported by, the existing memes to which it exposed it will fail to propagate sufficently to be effective.

This is by the by of course since my orginal question was not which method you would use, but what message. In short, what would you teach to make the world a better place?

Niles "Rogue Meme Testbed" Calder

Memes don't exist. Tell all your friends.

Aw crap. I was just about to tell you, when Chatsubo inserted his meme eating virus into the thread, corrupting my wetware.

Now I'm meme free.

Dammit!

I can't help it if William Gibson decided to name a bar after me.:cool:

a ha! The virtual cat's out of the bag and running like billy-o...

it was bugging me :rolleyes:

'and now, back to our regular programme'

Gibson owes me everything.
I remember back in 1982, he was all excited about his planned 10 volume sword and sorcery epic, but I sat him down, said 'Bill, that's such old hat', and made him watch Blade Runner.
The rest is history.

Back