• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Steorn & Claims of Free Energy

“We have been dealing with doubters for ten years. One of the problems we have is that the machine does look a little primitive. We are working on a new model that has flashing lights.”

You have to wonder why the Iraqi government didn't request a demo before they spent £80m on these glorified dowsing rods. Perhaps it was assumed they would come with flashing lights as standard.

rynner2 said:
They're still at it:

http://www.steorn.com/demo/
Visit Steorn's Orbo technology demonstration at the Waterways Ireland Visitor Centre in Dublin

We are delighted to announce the live demonstration of Orbo technology. As well as streaming live to the world via steorn.com, we are opening the demonstration to the public for free. Come down to the Waterways Ireland Visitor Centre to see our technology at work.

During December there will be a series of talks about Orbo technology by Steorn CEO, Sean McCarthy. Then in January we will be streaming the validation and replication. Full schedule of events to follow.

Opening hours
Admission is free. We are open Monday to Saturday, 10am to 7pm, and Sundays 12pm to 6pm.

15th – 23rd December 2009
5th – 31st January 2010

Where it's on
The demo takes place at the Waterways Ireland Visitor Centre, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 4, Ireland.

etc...
Perhaps ramonmercado or other Dublin residents would like to visit and report back...?

Was offline and only reading this now. I'll visit it soon, this week if possible. If I vanish into another dimension then drink a pint of guinness in my memory.

ramonmercado said:
If I vanish into another dimension then drink a pint of guinness in my memory.
I'll play it safe and drink one now! :_pished:

By email: another demo:
Orbo Technology
Update

Part 2

Steorn invites you to visit www.steorn.com for the second in a series of live talks and experiments regarding Orbo Technology.

Subject: Steorn's Orbo Electromagnetic Interaction COP >1

When: Friday 8th January 2010

Time: 17:00 GMT

Where: www.steorn.com - Live Stream View 1 and 3

Or

In person at the Waterways Ireland Visitor Centre,
Grand Canal Dock, Dublin 4, Ireland.

Directions: http://www.steorn.com/demo/

Description:

Sean McCarthy, CEO of Steorn, will discuss Steorn’s Orbo electromagnetic interaction and
demonstrate that the Coefficient of Performance is greater than 1.

Who should attend:

Anyone interested in understanding Orbo Technology or taking up an Orbo Technology Developer License on 1st February 2010.

Orbo Technology
Update

Rescheduling of Talk 2 on
Steorn’s Orbo Electromagnetic Interaction COP> 1
for week beginning 11th January 2010

Since the launch of Orbo technology on 15th December 2009, Steorn has received a large number of visits to the Waterways centre in Dublin and several hundred direct enquiries from both private and commercial technology developers and from members of the scientific community regarding this groundbreaking energy technology.

Unfortunately, several key people are unable to attend this evening’s presentation due to the unusually severe weather conditions. As a result, the company has taken the decision to reschedule tonight’s Talk 2. Steorn will host the Talk “Orbo Electromagnetic Interaction COP> 1” next week and will issue an announcement concerning the appointed day and time on Monday.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to people who had planned to travel to the Waterways this evening or watch the talk via Steorn’s website.

I've been unable to get to the demos due to the weather as well.

TO THE IRISH DIASPORA:

We are fast running out of salt, if every one of you sent just a packet it would solve the problem.

It's started snowing here again in London, after weeks of fine weather. I blame those meddling scientists! Presumably the demos didn't change the world, or I would have heard about it.

By email:

Following the success of its recent live demonstrations of Orbo technology at the Waterways Visitor Centre in Dublin, Steorn is delighted to announce that its online development community will open for membership on 1st April 2010.

Orbo is a new technology from Steorn that provides free, clean and constant energy at the point of use. Orbo is controversial - it is an "over-unity" technology, meaning that it produces more energy than it consumes.

The Steorn Knowledge Development Base (SKDB), as the online community is known, is a collaborative environment designed to share, explain, employ and expand the science, engineering and intellectual property comprising Orbo technology. In short, it is ground zero for the Orbo revolution.
http://www.steorn.com/skdb/

The SKDB will be the sole medium for the dissemination of Orbo technology and its future enhancements. All developments and improvements to Orbo technology will be shared amongst the members of the SKDB for further research and development.

The main focus of the SKDB at launch will be on the solid state electromagnetic configuration of Orbo, the development of which Steorn has recently completed.

Access to the SKDB will be granted via the SKDB Developer License, which will be available online to developers, individual enthusiasts, researchers and all other interested parties as of 1st April 2010. The Developer License and SKDB membership are renewable on an annual basis, subject to interested parties confirming their acceptance of the License and Terms of Service and payment of license and membership fees.

Fees for SKDB membership and the Developer License break down as follows:

European Union:
Membership €21.28 Developer License €325.00 VAT €72.72 Total €419.00

I can't see many individuals paying this much, unless they've seen the demos and are convinced the thing works.

OTOH, this would be small change for a high-tech company, and might be seen as a worthwhile gamble to get in on the ground floor.

If this is just a scam,it doesn't look like earning much, although it's taken years to set up. :?

Or it's an April Fool! :shock:

Steorn SKDB Lite Competition

Steorn is delighted to announce that the winning entry for the SteornLab USB Hall Probe competition is "An attempt to explain the Meissner Effect" submitted by drcavor.

We would like to thank all the competitors for participating in the competition and hope to see them posting again in future ones. All the competition submissions can be viewed here:
http://kdb.steorn.com/docs/DOC-2472
drcavor's piece is here:
http://kdb.steorn.com/docs/DOC-2499

This is the second paragraph
"The Meissner effect is the phenomenon whereby a superconductor expels magnetic field. This can cause a superconducting material to levitate in a magnetic field. Typically this is shown by having a cryogenically cooled piece of metal or ceramic hovering over a magnet. So what is going on?"

This is reminiscent of Cavorite, H.G. Wells' fictional material:
Cavorite is impervious to gravity and can shield other materials from its effects. It is used to shield a craft from Earth's pull, allowing easy flight. It was named after its discoverer, Dr. Cavor, who used it to travel to the Moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fi ... _particles

Now, is Steorn having a joke here, or did the author of the piece simply choose an appropriate nom de plume?

Last week (16 september 2015) in the Frankfurter Allgemeine (?).
69-year old businessman defrauds investors for 500.000 euro while selling them a "FieldPowerMachine" (Feldkraftgeraet). Implies that he already has 100.000 orders from the Gulf States. Used the money to buy 4 sports cars and to stay in a luxury hotel.

Attachments

• machine.jpg
    machine.jpg
    500.4 KB · Views: 15
Last week a small company in Dublin called Steorn started taking orders for their USB phone charger. It's on the large side, and is only good for two or three smartphone charges per day, or one tablet charge. So then, why are they asking 1200 euros (about $1275) each for them? Well, for one thing, you don't have to plug them in. But there are other, much cheaper chargers that draw their power from sunlight or some other source and never need to be plugged in. With Steorn's OCube charger you're not paying for convenience, you're paying to be one of the first to own a device that does the impossible -- and that might be on the verge of revolutionizing science and technology.

Or at least, that's what Steorn would have us believe.

The OCube is the latest iteration of Steorn's Orbo technology. According to Steorn's CEO Shaun McCarthy, engineers there were working up a design for a wind-driven generator to power ATM security cameras back in 2003, when they stumbled upon a strange effect: the generators were putting out more power than they were taking in. Steorn spent the next few years ruling out potential sources of experimental error, and then trying to understand the theoretical basis of the anomaly. Finally they convinced themselves that there was no getting around the conclusion that they'd invented a perpetual motion machine. They'd found a loophole in the way that magnetic fields interact that allowed the law of conservation of energy to be broken, and caused so-called "free energy" to be generated: energy from nothing.

http://boingboing.net/2015/12/08/free-energy-for-sale-steorn.html

Wonderful stuff! Good to know that Steorn is still in there, kicking against the pricks of conventional science.

I've followed the story almost from the start, in a spirit of "I want to believe!" We all need a world where energy is free, and if the public get the means to implement it before the conventional energy companies and big business realise what's happening, so much the better! :twisted:

Of course, the nay-sayers may be right, and it's all an elaborate con game - but if so, it has been done with enough style that's is worth the entry fee for entertainment value alone. :p

More power to Steorn's elbow (free power of course!)

The author of this boingboing.net piece Michael Ferrier, is a cognitive scientist, game developer, and curious soul who lives surrounded by chickens in the woods of southeastern Massachusetts, who says:
"I plan on ordering my own OCube and putting it to a long term test. For updates, you can follow my blog, Dispatches from the Future."

Can't say fairer than that! (And someone who lives in the woods surrounded by chickens obviously needs free energy! :D )

I'd like it to be true, too.

I'm confused...can I go ahead and tell EON where to stick their bills yet, or what?? ;)

You can buy a lot of electricity from Eon for those 1200 euros the charger will cost.

Hm...I'll wait for the incredulous scientific reviews after buying one and opening it.

Hmm indeed...

They claim to have raised 20 million euros from investors over the years, yet not convinced anyone so far it actually works. And the products - 1200 euros for a charger yet *only* 480 for a [non smart] phone. Surely in terms of complexity it should be the other way round. They seem priced not to sell. The reporters blog is worth checking for progress - so far he hasn't succeeded in buying anything despite attempting to for over a week.

I'm prepared to be amazed if true but it smacks of utter bollocks. A good jape though, if that's what it is.

Having never demonstrated any credible merit for their alleged tech, Steorn folded in 2016.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steorn
I can't believe people fell for that load of old bollocks!

If anybody invested in a perpetual motion machine (heh, the law of the conservation of energy is only scientific dogma), well, being kind to them, there really is one born every minute.

Bonkers that it took a decade or more for them to go the way of all things...

Back