• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Creature Caught On Film

A

Anonymous

Found on weird events blog.
"This is an unusual photo of a small creature that was caught on film. The critter is either rearing back on it's hind legs or is on gingerly stroll through the farm. The owner said he did not see it when the picture was taken or recognizes the creature. Looks like the pigs have started to walk. Brings a whole new meaning to Animal Farm "
Photos are here:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page969.html

could be a squirrel mid flight, jumping off of the tree to our right. closer than it would be if it was walking like it appears. instead of 2 legs, its legs and tail
looks funny, for sure

Strange Creature?

Strange Creature?
Last week, May 28, 2005. I was just out taking a few pictures of my parents' farm in Florida, I didnt see this thing when I snapped the pic. I don't know what to think. I'm sure there's some kind of logical explanation for what we're seeing though.
PICTURES AND SOURCE HERE : http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page969.html

I think it's definitely a chipmunk or squirrel, caught in an odd position.

Looks to me like its back legs are extended, probably jumping. Its bum is facing directly towards us, its tail in line with its back and not at a sticky-out noticeable angle. It is twisting its upper body leftward, with its left front leg extended and it's looking over its left shoulder.

The limbs look too long and straight to be a squirrel IMHO.

I CAN SEE 32 BIGFOOTS IN THAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple.

It's an anorexic, bipedal hedgehog!

Er, not that I've ever seen one myself...

A Rottweiler puppy rearing up on its hind legs?
Trying to catch a Frisbee or ball or something?

Unfortunately, it looks mundane...

TVgeek

Sorry rynner I think my post beat ya :)
Please merge the threads!

Also, does'nt look like a squirrel to me

How could the photographer not have seen it when he took the picture? If it's a creature caught in mid-step then it's the only thing in the frame that would have been moving, and the human eye is always drawn to movement. It looks like a cut-out to me. There's no depth to it. And when you zoom in on the image, the creatures foreleg seems to be rooted in the ground: I can't see any sign of a foot.

then again, it might be some sort of zombie chipmunk, roaming the earth til the end of time.. In a deep trance (evidence'd by the outstretchced arms)
:lol: :lol:
:p

I agree with graylien - I don't buy the story that the 'witness' didn't see anything when the photo was taken - and the close-up image looks somewhat dodgy to my all-seeing Photoshoppy magic eyeball ;)

JerryB said:
I agree with graylien - I don't buy the story that the 'witness' didn't see anything when the photo was taken - and the close-up image looks somewhat dodgy to my all-seeing Photoshoppy magic eyeball ;)

Yes, it does have a kind of Photoshop look to it. And how could the guy not notice it? It's huge and smack in the middle of the picture. :?

I had looked around to see if someone else posted I guess they did! woops !! :oops: anyway it is one weird picture! I have lots of squirrels around my house and it just don't seem to be a squirrel.

Looks very fake - if it was a squirrel, there is no tree or other object close enough to the camera for it to have jumped off (unless it's a squirrel about 2ft tall!)...

Also it doesn't seem to have a tail, which a squirrel needs to provide the balance for climbing and jumping around with (i knew a tailless squirrel once, but it was so fat from being fed by humans and getting no exercise that i doubt it could even stand up on its hind legs).

Photoshop imo...

1) Its not moving, otherwise moving slowly or walking (not in mid-jump). This is film not digital and theres no blur which means it was moving slowly or not at all.

2) Not a squirrel, no way the tail could be lined up perfectly in front of its body as to not show any tail whatsoever.

Human_84 said:
2) Not a squirrel, no way the tail could be lined up perfectly in front of its body as to not show any tail whatsoever.
to me..
it looks like a slightly distorted squirrel or chipmunk (name your local variety) in profile. legs are together, to our left in the pic, and the tail is the right "leg" .
im repeating , but no one seems to have noticed the first time :p
ever seen a squirrel mid flight? they look funny . they stretch out anticipating the landing

I still don't think the limbs are long enough for that to be a squirrel, unless there's a really leggy species where that pic was taken.

squirrel.jpg

edit: I mean the limbs in the original pic are too long to be a squirrel...

i think it might be a bad/distorted pic of a squirrel in a simlar position to that pictured in the above post. perhaps even artistically enhanced. a squirrel taill is a rat tail with fur. in a poor pic it might look the same as a leg
my common sense or "gut feeling" keeps saying squirrel
sorry :p

Human_84 said:
1) Its not moving, otherwise moving slowly or walking (not in mid-jump). This is film not digital and theres no blur which means it was moving slowly or not at all.

Very much depends on the speed of the film you're using,higher the speed of the film the more grainy pictures tend to look

Human_84 said:

What about a cat, (possible chasing flies) they can get into some VERY funny position and have a habit of appearing from nowhere

HelzAngel said:
Human_84 said:

Very much depends on the speed of the film you're using,higher the speed of the film the more grainy pictures tend to look

What I'm saying is, camera looks to be a bit out of date and its film, therfor the speed is relatively slow and would show blurring easilly.

HelzAngel said:
Human_84 said:

What about a cat, (possible chasing flies) they can get into some VERY funny position and have a habit of appearing from nowhere

I cant think of an animal with this long if limbs, theres no need to have limbs this long. A monkey would...?

An escaped meerkat? If you look carefully at the darker portion midway down the abdomen, you can make out a tail pointing towards the viewer, albeit at an odd angle. Then again, it looks far too large to be a meerkat or squirrel etc...
I have to agree with Human-84 regarding the blur. There's no motion blur. The only blurring is focal.

I have to add again, that if its a regular creature i beleive it to be a monkey. There certainly are wild monkeys in florida whether or not you u guys know it. One could of been hopping across that area. I've sent the photographer email with some questions.

A monkey with its feet chopped off perhaps? lol. That would explain its gaite also! hehe!

well it looks like a rotwieller pup chasing a bug to me, small tail can be seen - head larger than a squirrel and has the tan and black color- simple to me

sabrewolf said:
well it looks like a rotwieller pup chasing a bug to me, small tail can be seen - head larger than a squirrel and has the tan and black color- simple to me

This sounded really good until I looked back at the pic again. And dogs have a large ribcage proportional to their body where this is the same diameter all the way down. Also, a bit too long for dogs legs.

The more I look at it, the more likely it seems a fake. It's not very hard to do. The story about not seeing this 'creature' when the shot was taken is also somewhat hokey, as I've already mentioned.

In general, that website doesn't seem to be at all discerning as to what it puts on display, judging by this particualr photos and others that have been made mention of via this forum.

This sounded really good until I looked back at the pic again. And dogs have a large ribcage proportional to their body where this is the same diameter all the way down. Also, a bit too long for dogs legs.

Rottweiler pups have that same huge head (that they grow into)
and tiny body. It really fits.

TVgeek

Back