• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange figure caught in holiday video.

Am I wrong in thinking the bridge that appears in the video would mean the Welsh woman would be between 8 feet and 10 feet tall?

I'm not sure it's a bridge, rather just a small wall and a change in level.

Doesn't seem anything that odd to me to be honest. Looks like a fairly ordinary woman in a coat to me.

HenryFort said:
can anyone see the video ?

No problems here, can see it fine. Tried to get the link but it only comes up as the Daily Wail addy.

liveinabin1 said:
I'm not sure it's a bridge, rather just a small wall and a change in level.

Doesn't seem anything that odd to me to be honest. Looks like a fairly ordinary woman in a coat to me.

When the camera pans from the large body of water to the small falls there's a bridge spanning what must be the water running to the water falls.

I have no idea why "Paul" would think it was female or indeed in a Welsh costume, the hats wrong for a start. Looks more like the hook handed bad guy from "I Know What You Did Last Summer."

in the article where is the video linked ? am i missing something ?

HenryFort said:
in the article where is the video linked ? am i missing something ?

Sorry Henry...logged off before I saw your reply.

The video is at the bottom of that page....takes about a minute to load here mind....so maybe hang about on the page? Hope that helps....

ah yes ... framing of the whole thing seems a little contrived to me given that they supposedly werent aware of anything there ...

ChrisBoardman said:
Just seen this on the Daily Mail website, quite strange...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...figure-caught-camera-holidaymakers-video.html

I even founf the spot og google earth

http://g.co/maps/s6knd

Not sure why you got so excited over this that you would seek out a google Earth snap Chris?

There's no mystery aroud this at all. It's a woman. Wandered into shot. Simple as that. The "didn't know anything was there until later" line is supporting nonense, totally debunked due to the zooming in.

Total non story.

JackDark said:
There's no mystery aroud this at all. It's a woman. Wandered into shot. Simple as that. The "didn't know anything was there until later" line is supporting nonense, totally debunked due to the zooming in.
The only zooming in in the video is to the waterfall, not to the figure.

I've said before that many of my pics contain things that I didn't know about at the time (usually UFOs posing as seagulls 8) ) but last week I got an especially good example. I've often taken photos down at Swanpool, but I've never had the camera at the ready when swans were taking off or landing. Last week, however, I was testing the zoom on my new camera, and when I put the pic up on the computer screen and enlarged it, I found I had caught two swans taking off! (Which was nice - but it won't win any wildlife photo awards.)

As for the Old Woman, it's probably just some piece of agricultural debris leaning against the fence.

Its really odd cos she's not moving or anything just sort of standing there gazing off into the distance - and it looks like a shadow - it is one of those shadow cut out people we hear so much about .... or a piece of debris.

JackDark said:
ChrisBoardman said:
Just seen this on the Daily Mail website, quite strange...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...figure-caught-camera-holidaymakers-video.html

I even founf the spot og google earth

http://g.co/maps/s6knd

Not sure why you got so excited over this that you would seek out a google Earth snap Chris?

Total non story.

JackDark

The zooming in at the end is not part of the original video, but done by the editor who put it on the website.

You can tell that by the degeneration in quality of that bit.

I must admit that although I no more think it's anything legit than I think it's an antelope, when you watch it on the video rather than the still it does look like a figure in Welsh costume.

The though of a some little flooded quarry being haunted by a touristy stereotype is a bit of an odd one.

I Believe it to be nothing more than a classic Simulacrum. Most of the upper part of the figure, is behind the fence, you can see the fence posts cross the upper figure. If you notice in the field either side of the figure there is dug up, rough ground. I imagine that the upper thorso of the supposed figure is nothing more than similar rough ground behind the fense at that point.

If you look to the left of the figure in the picture, you will see a brown tuft of earth, perhaps the root of an old bush, tree stump, or maybe a rock. And so the bottom of the figure itself is something similar that stands low infront of the fence. The aerial Google Map image actually shows the two brown blobs on the ground in exactly the position shown in the picture. Look across the area to the right of the bridge, can see the two brown spots. the one that makes up the bottom of the character in the picture is the larger of the two.

So the image just happend to be filmed at the point were these two items aligned. In the foreground the up cropping of a root or rock, and of the bushes or Rough ground behind the fence, giving the impression of a standing person. Just a lucky shot.

Case Closed. NEXT!!! :)

ChrisBoardman said:
I agree simulacra is most likely but its just a case of what on earth is it?

Well if my detailed description of what it most certainly is, is not enough, I'll leave it with a general, semi professional opinion of what it actually is...

"It's Stuff'n'Things'n'all.." :p

Waylander28 said:
...The aerial Google Map image actually shows the two brown blobs on the ground in exactly the position shown in the picture...

Yes, I noticed that when I first google-earthed it. There does seem to be a feature of some kind at a point which coincides with the image in the video - although it's obviously difficult, if not impossible, to say with any certainty what it is.

HenryFort said:
im strugglimg to see your blobs

Look for the footbridge on the google earth map. Look to the right of the bridge, toward the fence, there is a small brown dot. Below that there is a larger brown blob. Both brown objects appear in the video. the larger of the two, makes up the lower part of the supposed figure. Couple with any odd Bush or land disturbance beyond the fence it created the Simulacrum of the figure.

Regardless these two items are a fixed feature of the land area.

I see there are supposed to be strange lizard-creatures living in burrows around Abersoch. Suddenly i'm---gulp---afraid...

Genaprugwirion

Type: Cryptozoology
Date / Time: Unknown - twentieth century?
Further Comments: Also known as a cenaprugwirion, this lizard is around thirty centimetres long with an orange head and large eyes. Karl Shuker has speculated that the creature is a tuatara, a living fossil found in New Zealand.

http://www.paranormaldatabase.com/wales/Gwynedd.php

Aha! aliens are no doubt involved as usual!

Karen, Cheshire
Three friends and I all saw some strange round lights which looked like balls of fire in the sky on Saturday 8th August, around 10.30 but these appeared over the harbour at Abersoch. There were four that we saw, one after the other and they all took the same trajectory from around Land and Sea area and then disappeared behind the yacht club headland and no, we hadn't been drinking! I have looked on the Abersoch website but nothing else has been reported. Surely someone else must have seen these?
Fri Aug 14 15:00:33 2009

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/northwest/si ... eird.shtml

The high strangeness continues-

VID: UFO OVER ABERSOCH- http://youtu.be/cGZEw19ZXEk

(In fact google 'Abersoch UFO' and more reports will come up including one as far back as 1937)

As Wals is in the news this week, has anybody been near Abersoch to see what this is?

I'm quite convinced by the video. It actually looks exactly like my wife's dead mum. Strange way to reach me, though.

Back