• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange picture

Fishka78

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
This picture was taken on my mobile phone a few months ago. I was waiting for my lift into work at 5.30am, it was a frosty morning and looked lovely outside so i wanted to take a pic.
I accidentally hit the button too soon and it took this *points down* i didn't look at it properly till i uploaded my phone pic's onto the comp, that's when i noticed what i thought looked like a blurry face. I would like to add i was the only person in the street at the time and no car lights either.

I'm certainly not going to jump to any conclusions, it may just be a light/shadow abnormality, but it does look strange for sure.
I would like to hear what others make of this.

ghostypic.jpg
[/img]

Simple simulacrum, I think. Either that or the witch from Snow White is hanging around.

The only blurry face I can see is my own, reflected in the monitor, as I try to discern any details in what appears to be a completely black picture... :?

*looks hard

*cacks self*

I don't know what was in the vicinity, but if you mean that warped red light troll face, it looks like one of those red LEDs on electronic equipment. And I don't mean "like" as in "it's red and glowy;" I mean that this is exactly like what an LED light looks like to me with my glasses off in the dark if I'm close enough that it retains some of its own shape instead of devolving to a globular glow. If there's a face in the black parts of the picture, I don't detect it.

A lot of "weird photos" don't look weird to me because they exactly resemble my normal vision. I can see orbs in movie theaters, for example, if I go in with dusty lenses on my glasses. Things outside the focus range look like astigmatism. It makes me equally resistant to photographic evidence and photoshop lectures; yet I keep looking when people post them. No one knows why.

Here are some lightened up pictures, hope it makes it clear as to what i was taking about.

ghostpic2.jpg

ghostpic3.jpg

Nothing can be proved or disproved by this photo or others that are similar, it's all down to individual opinion. Its all too true that photos can posses simulacrums and such like and our minds do tend to see what we want to, but sometimes due to this we can dismiss the unknown and for the skeptics out there nothing but a ghost doing a fish slap on them will change their views on the paranormal, which is fine, its their choice and personal view, im an adult and can handle that.

I like to keep an open mind on the paranormal, but i do tend to sway more to the opinion that not everything is black and white, science has not given any concrete proof either way so it boils down to whether you have faith in such things or not. To have such conviction either way can be a persons down fall, if the day comes when answers to these questions can be properly determined one party is sure to look a fool.

A healthy dose of skepticism is good, no one whats to be gullible, but a closed mind to me is a sad one, so many things in our world have yet to be answered even with today's technology and magnificent brains behind them, so how can we really dismiss anything?

Greetings,

Fishka, I saw the "face" right away.
You are correct when you state that nothing can proved or disproved by the photo. I tend to think along the lines that a LED light source is what you have there.

With many of these type of pictures and posts, I am left to consider the posters own words about the events.
I always treat the posts as true at first. I always think that a coin has three sides, heads, tails and the edge. Many stories fall into the edge file.

I read your posts about your haunted work place, nice reporting.
I spent most of my childhood living in a poltergeist type of situation, so I am not very quick on the "bull-sh**!" call.

I would think that many of us have spent time laying on our backs and watching the nice fluffy clouds waft by, seeing all sorts of shapes.
That is what most of the photos of this type show, there is always the unexplained (which chaps skeptics asses), so who knows?

My version of cloud watching is now, to get a pic of a Nebula and blow it up as much as possible, then look for shapes, try it out HERE

Peace!
=^..^=217

My mind is not closed. If you say there was no mechanical red light in the vicinity, then it isn't a mechanical red light. If there was, I am here to tell you that it's exactly how it would look at a certain distance with astigmatism, and it becomes the most parsimonious explanation given the propensity of unfocused cameras to simulate astigmatism.

You say there were no car lights around - does this include tail/stop lights (because this looks like a reflection of one, in the road surface)?

Failing that, street lamps: sodium lamps often appear red at start-up, and a faulty lamp might be re-starting itself even in the morning.

And the similucrum is very blurry, so it's not a very realistic face - if it was, I'd worry more!

Yep, Rynner's got it.. it's a blurry reflection on wet pavement - color suggests sodium light - cell phone cameras are, well, cell phone cameras... they don't produce good images at the best of times, and in low light circumstances you get 'grainy' images like this.

Bottom of the picture - white road lines? which would mean that Fishka78 could go back and look at the circumastance fairly easily. Assuming that where she was waiting is her usual spot-ish.

Looks like a reflection in the surface of something else - perhaps of the bright patche of the similar colours above it?

What colour do the streetlamps there go when they are coming on, going off or in general under par?

Kath

stonedog2 said:
Bottom of the picture - white road lines? which would mean that Fishka78 could go back and look at the circumastance fairly easily. Assuming that where she was waiting is her usual spot-ish.

Looks like a reflection in the surface of something else - perhaps of the bright patche of the similar colours above it?

What colour do the streetlamps there go when they are coming on, going off or in general under par?

Kath

Yes, you are right, they are road markings. I did indeed take some more pictures from the same location at the same time after i noticed this one i posted, but failed to get anything similar in appearance.

I take into account and appreciate the feedback of what people are saying about the light issue, on the road in question there is an orange street lamp which of course could possibly cause this affect im not denying that. It was the angle of it that i found odd, if you look at where the road markings are in comparison to the "face" it looks more straight at you and not on a slant as you would usually expect from a reflection, but then again this could be due to a distortion factor too.

BuckeyeJones, thanks, glad you liked the haunted work story. Yes i did use to spend time as a child gazing into the clouds, great fun and good for the imagination too, i will definitely try your link when i have some more time i my hands.
I would be interested to read your accounts in your childhood home if you have any?

"PeniG My mind is not closed. If you say there was no mechanical red light in the vicinity, then it isn't a mechanical red light. If there was, I am here to tell you that it's exactly how it would look at a certain distance with astigmatism, and it becomes the most parsimonious explanation given the propensity of unfocused cameras to simulate astigmatism."

I totally understood your comments on this subject. Your post as with others i have seen from you are intelligently put together, basically you are using your noodle better than others and i appreciate you taking the time to respond to mine.

It's understandable that when you looked at the photo in the small viewfinder of what I assume was a cell phone, it looked like a face, but it only looks odd if you look at the enlarged photo with the expectation that there is a face there - when you just look at it like it's a reflection of an orange street light on asphalt, that's what it looks like - given that there are patches of light identical in color on the road that are not face shaped, it's reasonable to assume that it is, in fact, a reflection.
It's sort of like if you open a package of potato chips and find one like a face - it's not that unusual if you consider the other ones that don't.

markbellis said:
Either that, or Bob's capable of bilocation. Let's start listening for clues in Blonde on Blonde!

If there is a man alive capable of bilocation, it definitely would be Bob Dylan! 8) Just look at this touring schedule.

I extensively researched the lyrics of "Blonde on Blonde" - but no clues there.

Maybe this one from "Infidels":

"Someone else is speakin' with my mouth, but I'm listening only to my heart.
I've made shoes for everyone, even you, while I still go barefoot.

I and I
In creation where one's nature neither honors nor forgives.
I and I
One says to the other, no man sees my face and lives."

Or maybe that's just the Bipolar talking? ;)

Zilch5 said:
I've made shoes for everyone, even you, while I still go barefoot.
:_pished:
Good work! He must have developed his abilities after his motorcycle accident. In physical therapy he must have helped make orthopedic shoes for other patients but been unable to make a comfortable pair for himself.
.....no man sees my face and lives.
Interesting - for some reason, exposure to a bilocated Dylan is fatal to adult males - note his documented apparition in Teesside between the legs of teenage girls who look like they've been drinking, the exact place where many 60s pop stars were found.

Fishka78 said:
A healthy dose of skepticism is good, no one whats to be gullible, but a closed mind to me is a sad one, so many things in our world have yet to be answered even with today's technology and magnificent brains behind them, so how can we really dismiss anything?

Hi Fishka,

It's nothing more than wanting to find the truth. We are sceptical, while wanting to see something believable. It does noone any harm to approach any claim with a clear and open mind, but one of an investigative nature, to be sure we are not being fooled.

From the picture you enhanced, (as the origianal has disappeared or no longer available.) it is clear that there are light sorces in the picture, more to the top of the picture. And both lightsources are creating reflections on the road surface. Much like the facial glow you point out as a ghostly face their is a weaker reflection on the right of the picture, which is clearly being cast by the lightsource above it. Your facial facet is closer to it's light source so much strong and not as elongated.

But both reflections from the angle of the camera, clearly show that the face is on the ground, and not in any standing or upright position, and is at best only a reasonable similucrum facet.

If you look at the picture you can see the coralation to both reflections of light, clearly on the ground.

I was going to attach a picture, but looks like you can't do that anymore. [/img]

Fishka78, did you find the paredolia link useful?

Kath

Waylander28 said:
Fishka78 said:

Hi Fishka,

It's nothing more than wanting to find the truth. We are sceptical, while wanting to see something believable. It does noone any harm to approach any claim with a clear and open mind, but one of an investigative nature, to be sure we are not being fooled.

From the picture you enhanced, (as the origianal has disappeared or no longer available.) it is clear that there are light sorces in the picture, more to the top of the picture. And both lightsources are creating reflections on the road surface. Much like the facial glow you point out as a ghostly face their is a weaker reflection on the right of the picture, which is clearly being cast by the lightsource above it. Your facial facet is closer to it's light source so much strong and not as elongated.

But both reflections from the angle of the camera, clearly show that the face is on the ground, and not in any standing or upright position, and is at best only a reasonable similucrum facet.

If you look at the picture you can see the coralation to both reflections of light, clearly on the ground.

I was going to attach a picture, but looks like you can't do that anymore. [/img]

I am happy and content with the explanations given. I'm not a stubborn person and wont flog a dead horse if you catch my drift, i suppose what i was trying to say was just because something has a scientific explanation does not necessarily rule out other possibilities.

Thank you all for your contributions, much appreciated.

Fish:)

Back