• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange visitor, BEK (Black Eyed Kid)?

feinman

Account Retired
just had an unpleasant connection in my mind. I had my house broken into several years ago, and have been warning my parents about keeping their doors locked. Eugene, Oregon USA is pretty safe, nevertheless.. About a month and a half ago, my parents reported a strange young lady who had come knocking on their front door two times at night, apparently asking if someone was there --and that they needed to see them. The weirdest thing was that she would keep her head down looking at the ground and mumble. They never heard everything she said, but she was insistent. On one of the occasions she stood close in front of the door so that her face couldn't be seen (there are windows at sides of the door). Why? If she was a burglar this wouldn't be the way to gain trust.. My parents were alarmed and wouldn't let her in. I was very worried about all of this, and had a bad feeling about it. I just called my parents and told them not to let anyone in under any circumstances, regardless of age. When I asked my mother if she got a look at her eyes or face, she said no.. She assumed the woman was on drugs. I mentioned the BEK phenomenon, but she didn't want to hear details. Only this evening did I put 2+2 together. Could be a regular young woman or not. I got promises that they wouldn't open the door. The next time it occurred, they were going to call the police. Sure these things are fun to talk about, but experiencing them is another thing...

Just now got off the phone with my father. He said he thought the woman might have been Asian and on drugs. When I asked him why he thought the woman was on drugs, he said her pupils seemed to be very dilated but he didn't get a really good look at her eyes. I didn't want to hear that. Luckily they never even opened the door. FYI, I've known about the BEK phenomenon for a long time, but didn't think to ask these questions until I made the connection this evening.

Mythopoeika mentioned in the other thread (before I moved it) that young people on drugs could be an explanation for some BEK experiences, and I agree. Ever seen someone on four hits of LSD?
The thing that bothers me is that my father didn't get a good look at her eyes, somehow thought she was Asian, but the dilated pupils STILL caught his attention. And she came by twice, acting the same way.
Now, my father is a HUGE skeptic. I've actually argued him into a corner on UFOs, and he has said "What does it matter if they are real?". Not much to say after that, eh? He has never heard of BEKs, and I didn't mention it to him when I called. I'll admit my sensitivity to unusual things is waay up, after my little UFO encounter. I was actually a little worried about posting about it online, lest I have visitors.
I'll also come clean and admit that I have studied the occult since I was in seventh grade, and practiced on and off over the years (there is a difference!).

feinman said:
I'll admit my sensitivity to unusual things is waay up, after my little UFO encounter. I was actually a little worried about posting about it online, lest I have visitors.

You're probably OK. I don't think there have been many men in black reports in recent years.

Mythopoeika said:
feinman said:
I'll admit my sensitivity to unusual things is waay up, after my little UFO encounter. I was actually a little worried about posting about it online, lest I have visitors.

You're probably OK. I don't think there have been many men in black reports in recent years.

Thank you! Good to know.

Whether BEK or loitering woman on drugs, either one sounds like bad news.

I do wonder what happened to all the MIBs. Maybe they saw the movies and realized we were on to them? :p
(but seriously, I do wonder. Those old stories were certainly weird.)

MIB's can probably track everything you do through your mobile phone now, and don't need to personally contact you ;)

Yes, I remember reading a lot of MIB stories back in the '80's, and some were really bizarre.

Fanari_Lloyd said:
MIB's can probably track everything you do through your mobile phone now, and don't need to personally contact you ;)

Yes, I remember reading a lot of MIB stories back in the '80's, and some were really bizarre.

:lol:

But you know, you bring up a very interesting idea here.
If there really were MIBs, and their aim really was to track or otherwise get information from witnesses...
Well, what has changed most between then and now? I'd say our methods of communication and the ability to track someone.

Hmm.

Yeah, BEKs or home invaders on drugs, or BEKs on drugs (god forbid!), all sound pretty bad! All the information technology (and forums) certainly make tracking folks down easier these days. Of course there is Google, and the NSA here in the US, too. Yipers!

Yes, Black Eyed Kids.

Well, what has changed most between then and now? I'd say our methods of communication and the ability to track someone.

I get quite disturbed when I mention something mundane like bathroom tiles to the b/f and then get an add come up when I am on the computer for DIY stories or tile shops. :shock: I could understand if I had talked about it on a forum or in an email, not so much if I just talk about it...

(Now waiting for adverts for bathroom tiles to appear).

So yes, I would say the MIB's don't need to come round people's houses any-more. ;)

Fanari_Lloyd said:
Yes, Black Eyed Kids.

I get quite disturbed when I mention something mundane like bathroom tiles to the b/f and then get an add come up when I am on the computer for DIY stories or tile shops. :shock: I could understand if I had talked about it on a forum or in an email, not so much if I just talk about it...

(Now waiting for adverts for bathroom tiles to appear).

So yes, I would say the MIB's don't need to come round people's houses any-more. ;)
Could just be a case of signification and coincidence, or it could be the way your search pattern for other loosely related items is predicted by the Google algorithms.

It could even be a foretaste of the sort of thing that Amazon.Com is planning in the near future:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...fore-you-order-it-are-other-retailers-doomed/

Amazon wants to send stuff before you order it. Are other retailers doomed?

Washington Post. By Lydia DePillis. 30.January.2014

A couple weeks ago, the Wall Street Journal happened upon a 27-page patent for what Amazon.com calls "anticipatory" or "speculative" shipping, which sounds insane.

Here's how it works, in a nutshell: The company crunches its streams of data to forecast generally where a certain item might be wanted, sends it on its way, and remotely directs it to the right address as soon as someone actually orders it. On the off chance that the item doesn't actually get ordered, Amazon might discount it to the person at the place it arrived, or even give it away for free. It's all based on probabilities: What people are likely to want at what time, based on user signals like wish lists and past purchases, and the cost/benefit calculus of time saved vs. packages erroneously delivered.

Full article at site.

Freaky stuff, all made possible by the ingenious use of predictive algorithms and once unfeasibly large data bases.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Edit: Added '(Black Eyed Kid)' to thread title, for clarity.

P_M :)

Yes, thanks for clarifying that. I had to google it too!

Crazy story though. Hope it all works out ok.

Freaky stuff, all made possible by the ingenious use of predictive algorithms and once unfeasibly large data bases.

@ Pietro_Mercurios. Oh, yes, I am pretty sure it is Google. I am equally sure now that they do know what's in emails as a couple of things I mentioned solely in emails to a relative, then had offers come via email or ads appear. Okay, my emails are boring as mud, but really, Google! (And Yahoo, come to think of it).

@ Feinman. Sorry for going off topic! BEK is a fairly new phenomenon that I am interested in but have nothing to add except that better to be safe than sorry if any dubious people knock at the door. (Unless they obviously need help. I am afraid I couldn't keep the door shut if some-one hammered on my door saying they were being followed or had been the victim of an attack, etc). Let's hope these strange people don't change their modus operandi, which is, at the moment, weird enough to ring the alarm bells.

Sorry! I'll try to be more clear in the future. Part of it is that I must use a Kindle Fire with a small screen and virtual keyboard, so it makes for more abbreviations and grammar problems if I am writing something long.

Said this before on other threads but the young lady might have mental health issues. It's not uncommon for folk to go and knock on random doors. Sometimes people take off, get lost, then frightened, then they seek help.

More likely explanation than the visitor being BEK.

I'd still be cautious opening a door at night in this day and age.

Back