• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Super Ventriloquist

IbnRobert

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
(I hope I spelt "Ventriloquist" right, lol)

This happened a while back now, definitely back in the mid or early 90s (a year after the infamous "Ghostwatch" hoax) and it was December as my family was in the festive mood and my Nan had travelled down from the North to spend time with us. The only usual face missing from the celebratrions was my mum's younger brother, my uncle. He was "seeing to" a beautiful Irish lady and was spending the time time with her in Northern Ireland.

Anyway, It was me, my mum and my nan, chilling out, catching the usual films for that period, and I was asked to make a tea for us, so there I was in the kitchen, shovelling my face as quickly and efficiently as possible with everyones chocolates laying around while the kettle boiled, when I heard crystal clearly, my uncles voice in the hallway say: "KIM..." (my mothers name). I froze, at that age I was very much into ghouls and ghosts and things that go bump in the night, but Ghostwatch kinda freaked me out for a good 2 years, and I was just recovering when this happened. Anyhow, I peeped out of the kitchen door, made sure the coast was clear, and went back to the living room where my mum and nan were. I asked "Did you hear that?" and they said "Yes, John calling out 'KIM' from the hallway (nobody else was there)" So we sat there for a few moments, confused and freaked out, when it was suggested that someone phones uncle John to make sure he is okay.

At the time the IRA were still terrorising northen Ireland and John was staying there at the time, and I was aware of reports about a relative mysteriously contacting or making an appearence before or at the time of a tragic accident, although they are on the other side of the world. We phoned John and he said he was fine, just chilling with his lady friend.

So we sat there, freaked out, telling each other spooky stories for the rest of the night.

Anyway this is my first post, Anyone experienced this before or have any explanations???

Thank you for a fine first post. :eek:

Yup, it's been talked of before on here. In fact we may have a thread on it. A very interesting phenomenon.

Happened to me one xmas. My son was downstairs and the BF and I were upstairs, and we all heard someone open the front door and call out 'Hello!' as the family do. It was the voice of one of my daughters, couldn't tell which. We all heard it happen but there was nobody there, and the door was locked. :confused:

I work in a large open plan office, and today, i distinctly heard a male voice behind call my name, but the voice sounded as though it was coming from over my shoulder, as if someone had leaned down to say my name, but there was no-one there apart from the 3 women who sit to the rear of me, and i very much doubt it could have been any of them.

That is freaky...

Don't suppose you know the link to the other similar stories?

As a child playing in the woods I sometimes heard my name being called by an adult female. There was never anyone there and it always frightened me.

Also, my Aunt could be plainly heard singing along with my mother and myself on a recording made after her death. This upset my mother so much she destroyed the tape.

There's a theory that ghosts are "recordings" in the atmosphere of buildings. Perhaps all of you being together in the house at the holidays triggered a "recording" from a past holiday gathering in which your uncle was present.

I hear voices in my house all the time, but not resembling voices of people I know. The worst and creepiest voice was when I was stood at my door, waving at my father as he drove away from the house, when I heard a distinct female voice from directly behind me say: "Your dad's waiting for you, Hannah" (Hannah being my real name, the name only my family know me by.) It really creeped me out, as the voice sounded mocking and harse.

More than once i've heard my name spoken in a whisper when there's been no-one around. I like to think it's my dear departed mum keeping a look out for me... Doesn't frighten me as i was once told by a clairvoyant that i have a very strong female presence around me. Whoever, whatever it is, they obviously don't wish me any harm and i think on more than one occassion could have actually directed me away from a dangerous situation.

Wow, that is some creepy accounts.

I could understand a person may hear thevoice of a dead relative or friend, or simply a voice they don't recognise, but the spooky voice of someone they do know that is ALIVE AND WELL, that is very strange indeed.

There is another thread on this site I accidently found yesterday similar to this topic, I will post the link later (gotta go to a boring meeting now:hmph:

bulldog said:
More than once i've heard my name spoken in a whisper when there's been no-one around.
Hearing your own name is the most common kind of auditory hallucination (and hallucinations can happen to anyone at anytime)

Back