• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Superheroes & Superhumans Among Us! Supervillains Beware!

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.
I note with surprise that we don't seem to have a Forum topic specifically devoted to the topic of Superhumans and/or Superheroes/Costumed Vigilantes/Nutters in capes. I would also suggest that costumed and possibly superpowered "villains" should also be covered in this topic. This is not supposed to be a forum topic for discussing superhero movies btw. So let me point out the following salient points:

The fact is that there is a small circle of people worldwide who DO have "superhuman" powers:
Stan Lee's Superhumans

And there is a subculture of people who go out to fight crime dressed in costumes:
Real Superhero subculture

On the other hand, there doesn't appear to be much intersection/crossover between these groups. I am something of a completist, so I thought that FT needed a forum topic devoted to this fascinating and bizarre topic and its tendrils/corollary. I hope you agree and will bring your findings here.

We had a superhero - The Yeovil Ninja - in our nearest large town for a while, I am not sure he is active now. The south west of England *could* possibly be compared to Florida in some respects, but I am not sure it gets that eccentric - or maybe it does.

For context, Yeovil is in the heart of rural cider country, isn't a tourist hotspot and has, shall we say, an 'interesting' ambiance.

And someone has reported created 'Yeovil Man' - from https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/watch-superhero-yeovil-man-star-492432

"A brand new superhero – Yeovil-Man – has made his debut in a new comedy short.
And he paints a far from flattering picture of the town.
Yeovil-Man appears as a boisterous, aggressive, Thatchers drinking, drug taking superhero..."

(NSFW warning for swearing)

Last edited:
Back