• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

synchronicity

Yup. That must've been the message - two mentions of Bristol, that's a pair of...

Wait, hang on, I'm a bint, this coincidence is truly meaningless. :lol:

After waking up yet again at around 3ish this morning, and not being able to get back to sleep, I saw a report on GMTV that said most people with insomnia wake at around 3.00 am. Rub it in why don't cha? ;)

akaWiintermoon said:
After waking up yet again ...I saw a report on GMTV that said most people with insomnia wake at around 3.00 am.

True for me. (First heard about waking at 3 a.m. when I was a child. Been checking the clock ever since.)

*starts working out when 3am is in every world time zone: looking up phone numbers next*

Don't most fatal heart failures happen at three in the morning? Or is that one of those shaky "facts"?

ElishevaBarsabe said:
True for me. (*First heard about waking at 3 a.m. when I was a child. Been checking the clock ever since.)

*I hadn't heard about the fact that if you're going to wake it'll be around 3.00 am before, but I do remember my brother scaring the life out of me with a story he read! Terrified me of waking up at a certain time. It was about a bloke that kept waking at 3.16 am and when he turned the light out again to try and get back to sleep he would hear a heavy breathing rasping noise. This noise would get closer to the bed each time. Finaly the bloke decideds to confront it and leaves out the light to find out what will happen. Well, the noise comes closer and he feels the breath, then hands start to choke him so he can't reach for the light. Struggle ensues and he's strangled to death. Scary stuff for under fives! :shock:

And gncxx , thanks for the reasurrance! ;)

You bastards. Guess what time I woke up this morning. :evil:

escargot1 said:
Me too, and its always the first sign of disruption in my life from a certain quarter, so heres hoping that comes an goes pretty quick. I find a flick through FT helps, or an old Saturday Night Live VHS or Kentucky Fried Movie for the nth time.

Maybe I said it before somewhere but there was a short story about someone who always woke up at 2:56 a.m precisely. Every night for weeks. Until he was so mad that he chucked the cheap alarm clock onto the floor, where it broke open and he found a small piece of paper with a curse on it, put there by a disgruntled asian factory worker [who was obviously fed up with working long hours to make cheap crap for the western world]...

Quite a stupid sounding story BTW.

:roll:

gncxx said:
Don't most fatal heart failures happen at three in the morning? Or is that one of those shaky "facts"?

Three in the morning is the hour of the wolf: it's said that people tend to die at that time.

However, heart failures should be quite common at any waking time since blood pressure spikes upon waking.

ElishevaBarsabe said:
However, heart failures should be quite common at any waking time since blood pressure spikes upon waking.
and when engaged upon other activities...

such as er, sex, or excessive straining whilst seated upon the throne.... :(

No, no, Elvis died in his (lounge sized) bathroom, not on the toilet! Urban myth!

It was straining on the bog that killed him though.

The zillions of prescription drugs in his system, along with his bacon-and-peanut-butter-clogged arteries, surely didn't help. ;)

escargot1 said:

Me too! 3am to the minute. I thought about this thread when I saw the clock.

The Excorcism of Emily Rose, anyone?

We watched it while staying at a friend's place, and in the morning my friend grumbled that of course, she had woken up at 3am on the dot. The power of suggestion, eh?

However I do remember hearing when I was a kid that your metabolism is lowest at around 4am, so you are more likely to die in your sleep at this time. Terrorized me for years, and if I ever woke up any time before 4 I would have to stay awake until it was past 4 - just to be safe! No idea as to the veracity of this claim.

/hijack

LOl that happened to me and the bf. We watched Emily Rose late at night and joked about waking up at 3am

Of course, it wasn't so funny when we did wake up at 3am!

I woke up at 3am a few weeks ago and put the TV on, and saw the end of a Nicole Kidman fillum called 'Birth'. In it, her dead husband is apparently reincarnated and she meets him, but of course he's a little kid.

I thought, hmm, I bet that was good, I'll watch it all next time. However, it's only ever on in the wee small hours. Is this because the subject-matter is so tasteless, as I've heard suggested, or is it just my bad luck? :lol:

Yesterday (18th Jan 2007AD), amidst the UK (et al) windy chaos, on Five (UK TV channel)...

3.45pm Tornado 1996 (PG).

I couldn't see it from my hill.

escargot1 said:
I woke up at 3am a few weeks ago and put the TV on, and saw the end of a Nicole Kidman fillum called 'Birth'. In it, her dead husband is apparently reincarnated and she meets him, but of course he's a little kid.

I thought, hmm, I bet that was good, I'll watch it all next time. However, it's only ever on in the wee small hours. Is this because the subject-matter is so tasteless, as I've heard suggested, or is it just my bad luck? :lol:

It sounds more tasteless than it is, it's more about not being able to let go after a bereavement than anything dodgy. So probably bad luck on your part.

I was chatting with a friend earlier whilst the tv was on, but muted. We were waiting for 60 minute makeover. :) Heh. Anyway, a ginger cat was on the news. I have a five month old ginger cat called Pumpkin. So called because he first literally walked into my life on October 31st. I said he looked like my cat. My friend unmuted the tv and the reporter said, "This is Pumpkin." :shock: Lol. The cat had been onroute to Germany and had escaped it's basket and had been living in the plane for three weeks. Been to LA and everything. Now I know where the little bugger goes when he's out for hours! :)

Today I made a purchase from an auction site to find the seller and I share the same surname. :) It's not a really unusual surname but there are only about 5 entries of it in the local 'phone book, I don't know if that would represent the national average at all?
Two down, one to go?

Heh, me again. :lol: :roll:
One more piece of coincidence, but didn't happen to me, but to my mother.
Just before Christmas my mum ordered a tea set and the one place setting available off an internet auction site (No actually, Tazbar. ;) ). It was an antique, and brassy gold in colour. She doesn't collect antiques, she just really liked it. She mailed the seller to ask if they got anymore pieces in could they let her know. The seller actually runs an antique store and said they do get the odd bit in but very, very rarely. (The set was from the 1920s'.) They are based 'op north. :)
Anyway, mum comes home the other day with, "You won't belive what I found!" She was in the local shopping district when a shop display caught her eye. It was a charity shop and they were still in the process of finishing the window display with items. Yup, you've got it, over seven more items of the set, the exact one! And yup, she brought them. :D

Back